Deccan College Post Graduate and Research Institute, Pune is the third oldest educational institution in India. Established in 1821, Deccan College Postgraduate and Research Institute offer M.A, M.Phil and PhD degrees for prospective students. Admission for M.A degree programs is done based on marks secured in the qualifying examination while admission for MPhil and PhD programs is done through an entrance test conducted by the college. Candidates having a valid score in NET/SET/ MPhil/JRF Entrance exams are exempted from the Research Entrance Test conducted by the Institute.
Deccan College Post-Graduate and Research Institute Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1821 | Public|
|Courses Offered||M.A; M.Phil; PhD and Diploma courses|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based, Entrance Test|
|Campus area||115 acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Museum, Gym, Cafeteria, Hostel facilities, ATM facilities|
Deccan College Post-Graduate and Research Institute Courses
|M.A.||Linguistics/Archeology/Sanskrit & Lexicography||BA/ B.Sc in relevant subjects with a minimum of 55% marks.|
|M. Phil||A.I.H.C & Archaeology/ Sanskrit and Lexicography||Post Graduation Degree in relevant discipline + a valid score in NET/SET/ MPhil/JRF Entrance exams.|
|PhD||A.I.H.C & Archaeology/Linguistics/Sanskrit and Lexicography||Postgraduate degree in relevant specialization + a valid score in NET/SET/ MPhil/JRF Entrance exams.|
Deccan College Post Graduate and Research Institute Admission
The admission process is generally merit-based or through an entrance test depending upon the course level. A minimum of 55% marks is required for applying in most courses followed by an Entrance test (only for PhD and M.Phil candidates). Applicants belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in the minimum required marks.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of Deccan College Pune.
- Fill the online application form by providing the required personal and Academic Information.
- Upload the scanned documents.
- Pay Application fee of INR 300 via DD in favour of Deccan College Post Graduate and Research Institute Pune.
- Send a hard copy of the application form along with the prescribed documents and required fees to the college during the timeline mentioned by the institute.
- A printed copy of the application form.
- Marks sheet of the qualifying exam.
- Image and signature of the candidate in the prescribed format.
- Caste certificate, if applicable.
Deccan College Post Graduate and Research Scholarship
Research scholars are eligible for scholarships from the government and various other sources. A few Masters students are also eligible for scholarships such as the DE Scholarship and the Post Matric Scholarship.
Deccan College Post Graduate and Research Facilities
Some of the facilities offered by the college are listed below.
- Hostel: Hostel facilities are provided for both boys and girls with accommodation of 54 and 45 respectively. Recently it has constructed two new residential buildings for the non-teaching staffs.
- Library: The Deccan College Library is one of the best examples of a research Library both at the National as well as international level with specialization and unique collection in the fields of Archaeology, Linguistics and Sanskrit.
- Museum: The university has two well-equipped museums, one on Indian archaeology that displays selective cultural remains of the human past and also aims to provide information on Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology. And the other one Maratha history, which contains important historical records of the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
- Cafeteria: The college has two canteens within the Campus serving both students and guests.
- Gymkhana: The university encompasses a gymkhana that provides opportunities to students and employees for recreational and cultural activities including outdoor games such as cricket, football, etc and indoor games such as badminton, carom, chess. It also organizes a variety of cultural activities like lectures, debate competitions, musical programmes etc.
- Laboratories: The University has well-equipped archaeological laboratories and computer-assisted language laboratory which helps in carrying out fundamental research by creating a conducive physical ambience for the faculty.
Deccan College Post Graduate and Research Faculty
Deccan College boasts a number of well-experienced and renowned faculty members. Currently, as many as 39 faculty members are working in various departments of the college.
Ques. When was Deccan college Pune established?
Ques. What are the working hours of the Deccan College Library?
Ques. What are some of the important courses?
Ques. What are some of the facilities provided by Deccan College?
Ques. Is this college a government college?