ICT Mumbai has released the notice for round 3rd admission counselling for PG courses on Nov 12. Moreover, ICT Mumbai had started the second round of online counselling and admission from October 31 for master’s course.
ICT Mumbai Important Date
|2nd round of Counselling for PG course||31 Oct, 2020|
|3rd round of Counseling for PG course||12 Nov, 2020|
Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (ICT Mumbai) previously known as the University Department of Chemical Technology (UDCT) was established in 1933 with the support of multiple industries.
The institute has quickly uplifted to a premier institute over the decades. In 2017, the institute received a grade ‘A++' accreditation from NAAC. It offers UG courses like B. Chem. Eng., B.Tech. (seven disciplines) and B.Pharma. and PG courses like M. Chem. Eng., M.Tech., ME, M.Pharma., and M.Sc. in 21 different specializations. The institute also offers Ph.D. courses to the students in various disciplines.
ICT Mumbai Highlights
|Established | University Type||1933 | Deemed to be University|
|Approved by||UGC, MHRD, and NBA|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Mains/ MAH CET/ GATE|
|Courses Offered||3 UG courses and 5 PG courses.|
|Popular Courses||B. Chem. Eng., B.Tech., M.Tech., M. Chem. Eng., and ME.|
|Campus Area||16 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, and Auditorium etc.|
ICT Mumbai Ranking
The Rankings of the institution are listed below.
- It has been ranked at 15th among all the Indian Universities by NIRF in 2019.
- The institute has been ranked at 22nd = by QS in 2019.
- It has secured 7th rank among all the Indian universities in The World University Rankings 2020.
- For the Engineering and Technology category, the institution has been ranked at the band of 401-500 in The World University Rankings 2020.
ICT Mumbai Courses
The institute offers 3 UG courses, 5 PG courses, and various Ph.D. courses to the students. Some of the popular courses are discussed below.
|B. Chem. Eng.||-||The candidate should pass the 10+2 level examination from a recognized board.|
|B.Tech.||Dyestuff Technology, Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology. Food Engineering and Technology, Oils, Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology, Pharmaceuticals Chemistry and Technology, Polymer Engineering and Technology, and Surface Coating Technology.||The candidate should pass the 10+2 level examination from a recognized board.|
|B.Pharma.||-||The candidate should pass the 10+2 level examination from a recognized board.|
|M. Chem. Eng.||-||The candidates should possess a B.Tech./ BE or equivalent degree in a relevant subject from a recognized university.|
|M.Tech.||Dyestuff Technology, Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology. Food Engineering and Technology, Oils, Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology, Pharmaceuticals Chemistry and Technology, Polymer Engineering and Technology, Surface Coating Technology, Bioprocess Technology, Green Technology, Food Biotechnology, Perfumery and Flavour Technology, and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.||The candidates should possess a B.Tech./ BE or equivalent degree in a relevant subject from a recognized university.|
|M.Pharma.||Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, and Medicinal Natural Products.||The candidates should possess a B.Pharma. or equivalent degree from a recognized university.|
|M.Sc.||Chemistry, Engineering Mathematics, Physics (Material Science), and Textile Chemistry.||The candidates should possess a B.Tech./ BE or equivalent degree in a relevant subject from a recognized university.|
|Ph.D.||Bioprocess Technology, Chemical Engineering, Dyestuff Technology, Fibres and Textile Processing Technology, Food Biotechnology, Food Engineering and Technology, Green Technology, Nano Technology, Oils, Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology, Perfumery and Flavour Technology, Pharmaceutical Technology. Polymer Engineering and Technology, Surface Coating Technology, Plastic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Food Science, Mathematics, Physics, Textile Chemistry, Agro-Chemical Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Lipid Engineering, Energy Engineering, Polymer, and Materials Engineering.||The candidates should possess a Master’s degree in a relevant subject from a recognized university.|
Read More ICT Mumbai Courses and Fees
ICT Mumbai Admission
The admission to the UG Courses is based on the rank/cut off of the aspirant in the JEE Mains/ MAH CET examination whereas the admission to the PG courses is based on the score obtained by the candidate in the GATE/ GPAT examination.
The Application Proceedings are all online.
- The candidate should visit the JEE Mains/ MAH CET or the GATE/ GPAT portal and click on the link related to UG/ PG candidature registration.
- The candidate is advised to duly fill the basic details in the application form and upload all the required documents, photograph, and signature on the portal.
- Upon completion of the above-mentioned steps, candidates are advised to pay the prescribed application fee to complete the application process.
- Admission will be done based on the rank/cut off of the candidate in the entrance examination, availability of seats, and preference of the candidate.
Read More ICT Mumbai Admission
ICT Mumbai Placements
The institute provides a decent placement opportunity to its students. The placement percentage is 90% which is very decent. The highest package offered at the institute was INR 18 LPA whereas the average package offered was INR 5 LPA. Top-notch companies like Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Johnson & Johnson, Jacobs, ITC, Pidilite Industries, Nerolac, UOP India Private Limited, Mario, Honeywell, Tata Motors visit the institute for campus recruitments.
Read More ICT Mumbai Placement
ICT Mumbai Scholarships
The institute provides various scholarships to the needy and meritorious students as listed below.
- MCM Scholarships- This is a merit-based scholarship program. Under this, there are various general and departmental scholarship programs awarded to the students.
- NSF Scholarships- The institute also offers an NSF Scholarship to its PG students.
- Community Scholarships- There are also scholarship programs for minority groups and backward classes via the National Scholarship schemes.
Read More ICT Mumbai Scholarships
ICT Mumbai Facilities
The college provides ample amount of facility to the students to help in their growth as a professional as well as an individual. Some facilities include:
- Library- The library has a very rich collection of more than 77102 books, 125 printed journals, 5 databases, and 4848 theses. The library also has a facility of circulation service, bibliographic service, reference and referral service, current awareness service, user orientation programs, photocopying service, book bank service, and e-resources training programs.
- Hostels- The institute provides separate hostels for boys and girls. There are 3 boys’ hostels and 2 girls’ hostels which can accommodate more than 850 students.
- Sports Complex- It has a sports complex which has a badminton court, tennis court, basketball court, and futsal court.
- Laboratories- The institute has well-equipped laboratories, which include: Chemistry Lab, Computer Lab, Physics Lab, Chemical Engineering Lab, Biotechnology Lab, Pharmaceutical Lab, and Central Instrumentation Lab.
- Wi-Fi Campus- The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled for the convenience of the students and staff.
- Gym- There is a Gymnasium in both Boys’ and Girls’ hostel for their benefit.
Read More ICT Mumbai Hostel
ICT Mumbai FAQs
Ques. What is the yearly fee for B.Tech. courses at ICT Mumbai?
Ques. Is ICT Mumbai a Government institute?
Ques. Is the JEE Mains exam conducted in Online mode towards UG admission at ICT Mumbai?
Ques. Is the JEE Mains counselling process conducted in online mode towards UG admission at ICT Mumbai?
Ques. How is the placement in ICT Mumbai?
Ques. What are the courses offered at ICT Mumbai?
Ques. What is the accreditation and approval of ICT Mumbai?
Ques. What are the entrance examinations accepted at ICT Mumbai for admission?
Ques. Does ICT Mumbai provide library and laboratory facilities?
Ques. What are the scholarships offered at ICT Mumbai?