Updated On - July 24th 2019 by SURBHI
Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai is one of the prestigious institutes was set up by the Department of Chemical Technology in the year 1933. The Institute is providing the best facilities and has been imparting best of education since its inception. The Institute was granted ‘Deemed to be Status’ by the MHRD because of the proposal of Mumbai University and the Government of Maharashtra on 12th of September 2008.
ICT Mumbai has well qualified and experienced faculty members which provide a high level of education. The college offers a variety of UG, PG and Ph.D. Courses. ICT Mumbai admissions are based on an entrance test. The university also accepts MHT CET/ JEE Main/ GATE score.
ICT Mumbai Highlights
University Grants Commission (UGC)
National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
77,102 (Books, Bound Volumes and Reports)
Nathalal Parekh Marg, Matunga Mumbai, Maharashtra
ICT Mumbai Courses
The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs in multiple disciplines. The duration of UG courses is between 3 to 5 years while PG programs consist of 2 years of duration.
Check ICT Mumbai Fee Structure
ICT Mumbai Admission
ICT Mumbai admission process is done through online mode. The application form is available on the official website of the university. The registration fee is INR 800 for general and OBC candidates while applicants belong to reserved category SC/ ST need to pay an INR 600 only.
10+2 with minimum 50% marks is minimum eligibility for undergraduate programs. For admission to master’s program applicants should have a graduate degree in relevant discipline with minimum required marks from a well-recognized university or institute.
Selection of UG courses is done through entrance test namely- MHT CET. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks are called for document verification process in which aspirants have to represent all the required documents.
Candidates seeking admission to M.Tech program need to appear for GATE Exam. For M.Sc. admission, the university conducts its own entrance test. Admission to the Ph.D. courses is based upon the written entrance test conducted by ICT followed by interview round.
MHT CET (Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test) is conducted by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education), Maharashtra for admission to engineering and technology courses, health science and pharmacy courses. The Application Form for MHT CET releases in the month of March. Interested candidates are suggested to check MHT CET Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam. After the declaration of MHT CET Result, DTE Maharastra conducts MHT CET Counselling Process on the basis of the assignment of merit number.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level online test. The exam is conducted by IISc Bangalore and seven IITs on a rotational basis for admission to M.Tech and Ph.D. programs. As per GATE Eligibility, applicants should have a graduate degree in relevant discipline. Eligible and Interested candidates can submit the GATE Application Form on the official website of the exam. To know more about exam check GATE Exam Pattern.
For selections in ICT Mumbai, a candidate score in entrance exams according to Cutoff. For information click here
ICT Mumbai Placement
ICT Mumbai is one of the best institutes in terms of placements. It gathers best placement opportunities for its students. There is no chemical and allied industry in the country that does not employ graduates of ICT. A placement cell participates with UDCT Alumni Association (UAA) to assist campus placement which begins in the month of July, and continues throughout the year, before the student's graduate. The institute placed its students in reputed organizations such as Galaxy, SRF, ITC, Loreal, etc.
Click here ICT Mumbai Placement
ICT Mumbai Scholarship
- M. S. Patel Trust Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Smt. Badami Devi Chiranjilal Murarka Charity Trust Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Rushmi-Druman Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Druman M. Trivedi Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Prof. A.N. Kothare Scholarship
ICT Mumbai Facilities
There are many facilities provide at this University. There are many facilities provided so that the students can have the best of time in the Institute. Some of them are as follows:
Hostel – The hostels are providing all kind of facilities. They are neat and clean. The rooms are also very spacious.
- The Hostel having No. 1 is called The Old Hostel. It was constructed in the year 1951.
- The New Hostel (Hostel No. 2) had been built for accommodating the UG students and the research scholars.
- In the year 1987, Hostel No. 3 was made so that more and more accommodation can be provided for the students and the scholars and the like.
- Subsequently, many hostels were made for accommodating the girls too (Hostel No. 4).
- About 840 students can be accommodated in all the hostels.
- The total seats that are available for new entrants are almost 200 per year. It includes all the courses (the division stands like this: 145 boys and 55 girls).
- Guest rooms are also available at some hostels.
- Hostels have a TV room, playground, health center, gymkhana, study room, and reading room facilities.
- The students are covered under ‘Accident Policy’.
Library Collection – There is a number of collections in the library.
- There are 75766 numbers of volumes
- There are 97 technical and scientific journals that have been subscribed
- 4039 Theses & Dissertations have been kept
- There are 1217 CD-ROMs.
Spirit: It is bi-monthly cultural and newsletter magazine which provides information about achievements by various students also it provides a platform for the students to showcase their literary skills.
Bombay Technologist: It is an annual journal by Institute which publishes technical articles written by students of the university.
ICT Mumbai Festivals
- Expression: the festival of textiles
- Manzar: the cultural festival
- Vortex: The Chemfest
- Sportsaga: the Sports festival