Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, formerly known as North Maharashtra University [NMU], Jalgaon was carved out from Poona University. Established under the Maharashtra Universities Act (1989), the university started functioning in 1991.
Having around 220 affiliated colleges, NMU has divided its disciplines, flexibly into 13 schools offering UG, PG, Research and Doctoral courses. The university has also signed 8 Foreign MoU’s with countries like USA, Mexico, etc. for globalizing higher education.
Check NMU Admissions
North Maharashtra University Highlights
UGC (Act, 1956)
Type of Institution
North Maharashtra University Courses
NMU courses are offered in the field of Arts, Sciences, Management, Engineering, Education and Computer Applications. There is a 5% relaxation for Backward classes i.e. SC /ST /DT / NT-OBC category candidates belonging to Maharashtra State. Following are the programs with their eligibility:
Passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
Passed 10+2 from a recognized board, with 50% in Mathematics.
45% in 10+2 from a recognized board.
B.Tech. / M.Tech.
Candidate must qualify MHT-CET exam, conducted by DTE Mumbai, in order to be shortlisted for admission.
|Candidate must qualify MHT-CET exam, conducted by DTE Mumbai, in order to be shortlisted for GD and PI.|
50% in B.Ed., along with a valid MHT-CET score.
Any graduate (in relevant discipline), for admission.
50% in Bachelor’s degree. If from another university- preference will be given to students who had B.Sc. over B.Sc. General.
Any Graduate, with Mathematics up to 12th standard.
Any postgraduate (in relevant discipline), having qualified UGC-NET/ SET/ JRF.
Also, Check NMU Cutoff
North Maharashtra University Placements
A plethora of companies has visited the University for recruiting young talent. Along with private companies like Accenture, Infosys, Zenith, Wipro, etc. even organizations from government sectors have recruited students, in departments like Banking, DRDO (Defense Ministry, India), Geological Survey of India, Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, Department of Water Supply & Sanitation-Maharashtra and many others. Following are the 2 placement graphs of Management and Engineering:
North Maharashtra University Rankings
- As per NIRF- 2016 by MHRD-Government of India, Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University (Formerly known as North Maharashtra University) ranked 59th, among top 100 Universities and Institutes in India.
- Jalgaon has been ranked 27th and 1st in the Universities of Maharashtra State.
- NMU in March’15 secured 28th position among Outstanding Universities in India.
- Reputed “Careers360’s” Magazine (March’14) listed North Maharashtra University among top 100 Universities in India.
- The reputed national weekly ‘India Today’ (June 3, 2013) conducted a country-wide survey through Nelson Research and Consultancy Company, and ranked Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University at 40th position, among 620 universities in India, and 1st position in Maharashtra State.