Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University (NMU) was established in 1990. The University is NAAC accredited and is approved by UGC. The University offers UG, PG and PhD programmes in numerous specializations. Admission in different courses are based on Merit and Entrance Exams.
The University has a good placement record and some of the names of top recruiters who had visited the campus are TCS, Infosys, Bajaj Auto Ltd, OCE Project Pvt Ltd., Mphasis, UPL, WIPRO, Interview Air, Marico Ltd. and many more.
- NMU is inviting applications for MA (MCJ), the last date to apply for admission is scheduled for December 15, 2020. Candidates are required to fill the application form online on www.nmu.ac.in. The application fee charged for admission is in the following manner:
- For SC, ST, NT, VJNT Candidates: INR 400
- For OBC & Open Candidates: INR 500
- The university has released its notification regarding the online application for admission to M.A./ M.Sc. The admission is provided on the basis of a centralized admission procedure (cap). The last date to apply for the same is extended up to December 12, 2020.
- Commencement of Courses is from January 1, 2021.
- NMU has recently released a merit list for students who have applied for B.Sc in Actuarial Science. The highest cut-off in the merit list is 96.75% for other state students. The date for spot admission or online admission is scheduled for October 21 and 22, 2020.
NMU Admission 2020
|Last date of application||September 15, 2020|
|Declaration of merit list||September 21, 2020|
|Date of online admission||September 25, 2020|
|Date of commencement of lectures||October 1, 2020|
|M.Sc./M.A. Online Admission through CAP|
|Online Application and Registration by the candidate||December 12, 2020|
|E-Verification and confirmation of application form||December 13, 2020|
|Provisional Merit List||December 14, 2020|
|Submission of grievances via mail||December 15, 2020|
|Final Merit List||December 16, 2020|
|Seat Matrix for CAP Round – I||December 16, 2020|
|Online Submission & Confirmation of Option Form for CAP Round – I||December 17, 2020 - December 18, 2020|
|Provisional Allotment list of CAP Round - I||December 21, 2020|
|Confirmation of the seat and reporting to the institute||December 22, 2020 - December 23, 2020|
|Vacant Seats for CAP Round - II||December 24, 2020|
|Online Submission & Confirmation of Option Form for CAP Round – II||December 26, 2020 - December 27, 2020|
|Provisional Allotment list of CAP Round - II||December 29, 2020|
|Confirmation of the seat and reporting to the institute||December 30, 2020 - December 31, 2020|
|Vacant Seats for CAP Round - III||January 1, 2021|
|Online Submission & Confirmation of Option Form for CAP Round – III||January 2, 2021 - January 3, 2021|
|Provisional Allotment list of CAP Round – III||January 5, 2021|
|Confirmation of the seat and reporting to the institute||January 6, 2021 - January 7, 2021|
|Applications for seats under Industry Sponsored Quota||January 8, 2021 - January 9, 2021|
|Final Merit List for Industry Sponsored Candidates||January 10, 2021|
|Admission under Industry Sponsored Quota||January 11, 2021|
|MA (MCJ) last date of application||December 15, 2020|
|Established | Type||1990 | State|
|Courses offered||UG, PG and PhD|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Facilities available||Library, Lab, Computer Facilities, Eco-Friendly Campus, Health Care, Sports.|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Bajaj Auto Ltd, Nilons Pvt. Ltd., UPL, S5 InfoTech|
- In 2016, NIRF ranked the University at #59 position among top 100 Universities in India
- Careers 360s had listed the University among top list of 100 Universities in India in 2014
The University offers different courses in numerous specializations. Tabulated below are details about the same.
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility Criteria: Passed 10+2
Specializations: Chemical Engineering, Paint Technology, Food Technology, Oils, Fats & Waxes Technology, Polymer and Plastic Technology
Selection Criteria: CET exam score
|B.Sc.||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Passed 10+ 2 with Math’s with 50% marks
Specialization: Actuarial Science(Mathematics)
Selection Criteria: Qualify entrance test conducted by University
|BA||Duration: 1 year
Specialization: Additional music
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
|BBM||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: 45% marks in HSC Examination
Selection Criteria: Merit- Based
|M.Tech||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Passed B.E. or B.Tech in Relevant Stream
Specializations: Environmental Sci. & Technology, VLSI Technology, Chemical Engineering, Paint Technology, Food Technology
Selection Criteria: CET score/ written test and interview conducted by University
|MSc.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Stream with 50% marks
Specializations: Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Environmental Sciences, Applied Geology, Applied Geography, Applied Geology(PPPR), Environmental Sciences(PPPR), Polymer Chemistry, Pesticides & Agrochemicals Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physics with Material Science, Physics with Energy Studies, Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics with Computational Mathematics, Statistics in Industrial Statistics
Selection Criteria: Merit- Based
|MA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor's Degree in Relevant Stream with 50% marks
Specializations: Mass Communication and Journalism, Arts and fine arts, instrumental, Defence and Strategic Studies, Applied Geography, English, Hindi, Marathi, History, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Dr. Ambedkar Thought, Women Studies, Psychology, Philosophy
Selection Criteria: Merit- Based
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Completed Graduation
Selection Criteria: CET Score along with GD and PI
|MCA||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility Criteria: Passed Graduation with Mathematics
Selection Criteria: Merit-Based
|M.Ed.||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility Criteria: Passed B.Ed. with 50% Marks
Selection Criteria: CET Score
|M.Phil||Duration: 1 Year
Eligibility Criteria: good academic records in graduation and postgraduation in required branch
Specializations: Polymer Chemistry, Pesticides & Agrochemicals Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics
Selection Criteria: Exam and Interview
|PhD||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility Criteria: Post Graduation
Specializations: Management Studies, Environmental Sciences, Applied Geology, Polymer Chemistry, Pesticides & Agrochemicals Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics and Statistics, Mass Communication and Journalism, Library and Information Science
Selection Criteria :UGC NET/JRF/ CSIR NET/PET
|Certification Courses||Duration: 3/6 Months
Eligibility Criteria: HSC/Bachelors Passed in any Stream
Specializations: Translation, Script Writing, Proofreading, Industrial Safety and Management, Remote Sensing and GIS in association with IIRS
Selection Criteria: Merit Based
Check course fee information Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University Courses and Fees
Admissions to various courses at the University is merit-based. For some of the courses, candidates need to pass the Entrance Examinations.
How to apply?
Candidate who wishes to get admission in this College need to follow the below-given steps:
- Candidates can download the prospectus and application form from the website
- Fill the basic details in the application form carefully
- Pay the application fee of INR 300 through challan of Central Bank of India (CBI).
- Take the printout of duly filled form and make sure to visit nearest ‘Application Receipt Centers’
- For M.Ed. application fee is INR 1000/- that one can pay either through Debit Card/Credit Card/ Net banking
For detailed information read Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University Admission
The University provides good placement opportunities to students. Students get proper guidance and support from the Placement cell. The students got an opportunity to work with top companies.
|Academic Year||No of students placed|
Top recruiters who had visited the campus are TCS, Mphasis, USV Pharma, Infosys, Bajaj Auto Ltd, OCE Project Pvt Ltd., Fenoplast Ltd., Webdunia.com, Itech Ecommerce LLP, S5 Infotech, Asian Paints, Gexcon India, etc.
The University provides scholarship opportunities to students. The following are some of the scholarship schemes available for the students.
- Students Adoption Scheme: This scholarship scheme is funded by University to support economically backward students. Applying candidates must secure a minimum of 60% marks.
- Economically Backward Student Support Scheme: This scheme is also for the students of economically backward sections. 10% of total admitted students in the Schools/Institute on the campus are eligible for this scheme.
- Eklavya Vidyadhan Scheme: This scheme supports economically weaker sections as well as meritorious students. Through this scheme, eligible students will be able to obtain educational loans up to 70% of the total expenditure for the particular course.
- Student Research Motivation Scheme: Cash prizes are awarded to regular UG/Research/PG/Ph.D./M.Phil./ students as a motivation to their work through this scheme.
Just like every other University, Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University also provides basic facilities to students.
- Central Library: The University has a well-equipped central library which contains many volumes of books, magazines, Journals etc. Besides this, every school and department has its own library facilities.
- Sports Facilities: University has a wide range of facilities when it comes to sports. This includes a Multigym facility at University Sports Department, 8 Lane Running track for Football Ground, 4 Kabaddi Grounds, 2 Kho-Kho Grounds, 2 Basketball Courts, 4 Volleyball Courts, 2 Tennis Courts, 2 Ball Badminton Courts are available for the students.
- Hostel Facilities: University provides good accommodation facilities for students. Mess, Yoga Hall, Recreation Area etc are provided in the hostel. Separate hostels for boys and girls are available. 24 hours security guards are also available in hostels.
- Health Care: University is keen in the subjects related to the health of its students. The health centre at the University offers modern as well as sophisticated facilities for students health care.
- Other facilities: Other facilities include Bank and ATM, Guesthouse, Canteen, Post Office etc.
The University has many experienced and highly qualified professors. Each of the departments has a Head. Many visiting facilities including scientists and other prominent personalities also help students in their studies.
- Professors: 25+
- Associate Professors: 15+
- Assistant Professors: 60+
Get information on Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University Faculty
Ques. How to reach Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University?
Ans. The University is only 10 km away from the city of Jalgaon. One can reach Jalgaon by air, road or train. Nearest Airport is Aurangabad. Bhusawal is nearest junction to city of Jalgaon.
Ques. Can students change the departments after admissions in Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University?
Ans. Eligibility criteria and seat vacancy are two most important things in such a situation. If seats are vacant in the department which the student wishes to join, they can change the departments. Departments can be changed only if the student is eligible for the desired department.
Ques. How many hostels are there in Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University?
Ans. There are three hostels for boys with a capacity of 500+ students. For girls, there are four hostels with a capacity of 500+ students. Single/Double/triple rooms are available. Hostels have all facilities required for the students.
Ques. Are there any seminars or workshops conducted in Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University?
Ans. There are several workshops and seminars conducted at the university. Disaster management, stress-free exam campaign, and student personality development are very few to name. Workshop such as aptitude tests, resume writing, GD, etc are conducted on behalf of the placement cell. These workshops are managed by experts from a particular field.
Ques. Which companies or organizations students work for training purposes in Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University??
Ans. Some students from MCA work at Anchanto. B. Tech students from various departments work in various organizations such as asMahanand Dairy, Nagpur, Jain Irrigation, AkzoNobel, VKL Food Solution Enterprizez etc. Students also receive stipends during the training period.