Chitkara University Quick Updates
May 26:JEE Main 2020 Application Correction facility is available till May 31.Check Here
May 20: NATA First and Second Test are scheduled to be held on August 1 and 29 respectively. Check Here
May 15: Chitkara University has been awarded with E-Lead (E-Learning Excellence for Academic Digitisation) Certification by QS IAUGE
May 6: Registration for various UG, PG, Ph.D programs are ongoing. Click Here to Apply
Chitkara University is a globally recognized organization encouraging academic excellence through interdisciplinary applied research and expanding realms of knowledge through innovation. With its philosophical core commitment towards excellence in education, Chitkara Educational Trust established Chitkara Institute of Engineering & Technology in 2002; Chitkara International School, Chandigarh in 2004; Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh under Himachal Pradesh State Legislature in 2008; and Chitkara University, Punjab in 2010; which was established under the Punjab State Legislature.
Today, Chitkara has 12 schools in the fields of Engineering, Management, Architecture, Nursing, Healthcare, Pharmacy, Media, Arts & Design, Education, Hospitality, Applied Sciences, and Applied Engineering. Comprising of more than 13,000 students and 900 faculty members, Chitkara University is one of the best universities in North India that is also recognized by the government with the right to confer degrees as per the Sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956.
Spanning across a sprawling campus of more than 65 acres of land with 40 percent green landscaping, Chitkara is equipped with a plethora of facilities such as latest technologies, sports facilities, playgrounds/tracks, in-campus banking, courier, and shopping facilities.
Check Chitkara University Admissions
Chitkara University launches new Master’s Program
Chitkara University announces the launch of its new 2-year master program in Pharmacovigilance. The program is aimed at creating skilled and competent Pharmacovigilance professionals who can work efficiently at different levels in the industry. Students in this field can get jobs in various pharmaceutical companies and earn attractive and handsome packages. A job holder in this field can easily get the starting salary of Rs.3.5-8 lakh per annum. The students will have the opportunity to work as Medical Safety Writers, System Specialists, Quality Analysts, Quality Reviewers and Scientists as they grow up the career ladder in Pharmacovigilance.
The University is having varied institutions which are given below
Chitkara University Courses
The University offers B.E, BCA, B.Arch, BBA, B.Com, B.Sc., B.A., B.Physio, B.Optom, B.Pharma, Pharm.D, BFA and B.Des. courses at the UG level. Chitkara University offers M.E, M.Sc., MBA, MCA, M.Pharma, M.Physio, M.Optom, B.Ed. and M.A courses at the PG level. The University also offers a Ph.D. course in 8 specializations at the Research level.
Below is the list of some of the courses which are offered by Chitkara University with their additional admission requirements:
10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and minimum 60% marks.
10+2 with English and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and minimum 50% marks.
NATA 2019 / JEE Main (Paper 2) 2019.
10+2 from any stream with 50% marks.
Merit in 10+2 examination followed by the performance in the personal interview
Graduation from any stream with minimum 50% marks
Scores in CAT / MAT / NMAT / XAT / CMAT 208 and performance in group discussion and personal interview.
BE / BTech or MSc (CS) / MSc (IT) or MCA with 60% marks in respective streams
Scores in entrance test and performance in personal interview conducted by the university
Also, Check Chitkara University Fees
Chitkara University International Collaborations
- University of Florida, U.S.A
- Purdue University, San Diego
- Chonbuk University, South Korea
- Central Michigan University, U.S.A
- Concordia University, Canada
- Glasgow Caledonian University, U.K
- Deakin University, Australia
Chitkara University Placements
Chitkara University Placements are strong. When the world’s most selective organizations seek new, innovative talent, they prefer to Chitkara University. Top FMCG companies, financial institutions, consulting firms, consumer products manufacturers and technology companies are among those firms that hire graduates and interns and full-time employees. Some of the top on-campus recruiters were as follows: Infosys/ Cybage/ ITC Infotech/ Wipro/ Hitachi/ Honda/ Panasonic/ Sterling and Wilson/ Future Group/ Kotak Mahindra and many more.
Chitkara University Placement Highlights
|Highest Salary||Rs.32 LPA (Engineering)|
Rs.29.63 LPA (Engineering)
|Average Package||Rs. 6 LPA|
Highest Paid Internship
Super Dream Offers of 10 Lacs+
Dream Offers of 8 Lacs+
Govt. Funded Research Projects
Kickstart your Start-up Idea
Chitkara University Rankings
- Higher Education Review Survey Placed Chitkara University 6th among ‘Top 25 Universities In India’
- The Week-Hansa Research Survey 2019: Chitkara Engineering placed 9th; Hospitality Management Placed 36th
- Academic Insight Magazine ranked Chitkara Business School 23rd in ‘Top 50 B-School Of India’
- Chitkara Institutions placed among Top 50 in India Today - MDRA Survey 2019
- Chitkara School of Planning & Architecture placed among ‘Top 10 Most Promising Architecture Colleges’ by Siliconindia Magazine
- Times B-School – BBA Edition placed Chitkara Business School at the 10th spot among Top Universities in India.
- Chitkara University listed among the ‘Top 10 Best Campuses For Research & Innovation 2019’ By CEO Insights Magazine.
- Chitkara University Rated in Top 50 of 2019’s Annual BW Businessworld Engineering Rankings
- NIRF 2019: Chitkara ranked among Top Institutes; Pharmacy at 44th, Management at 75th Rank
- Being recognized as the Best University in North India by renewed ranking agencies and firms of international importance, Chitkara University aspires to get international accreditation by 2020
Chitkara University- At a Glance
- 700+ Campus Recruiters. Unmatched record of the best placements in top companies such as Infosys, Deloitte, Google, L&T, Godrej, SAP, Pepsico, Ericsson, Microsoft, Wipro, HCL, Hindustan Lever Limited, EClerx, Morgan Stanley, Citibank, Standard Chartered Bank, Ernst & Young, Evalueserve, Phillips, Dabur, and many more for the students of engineering and management.
- 12 Research Centres of Excellence promoting interdisciplinary research - their expert faculty and students, at the Chitkara University Research and Innovation Network (CURIN), constantly work across disciplines to bring two worlds together - the world of knowledge in universities and the world of innovation in companies and society. 12 Centers of advanced research under CURIN build and sustain the University’s competitive advantage to form the locus of research for collaborative groups of investigators pushing the frontiers of knowledge forward.
- DST Grants of 2 Crores+. Department of Science Govt of India recognized and approved TBI. The incubator is MSME approved TBI-Technology Base Incubator, with over 71 start-ups of diverse nature. The core focus of the incubator is mentoring and handholding of start-ups, through Chitkara University mentor and alumni network. Some of the companies which have made Chitkara Innovation Incubator their home are Shoutlo, SchoolPad, MWP, Plapp, Azuratech, DataToBiz, among others.
- Patents - Chitkara University has been ranked among the top 10 Universities of the country for filing maximum patents which speaks volumes about their research team, state-of-the-art infrastructure and intensive focus on working at new ideas and technologies.
- Experience global education with 200+ foreign University partners.
- The university has a very strong industry tie-ups. These experiences facilitate their understanding of the working of the corporate world and help them seamlessly transition into their roles and careers, post their graduation. Industry-academia collaboration for Engineering programs with – SAP, Google, Microsoft, nVidya, Infosys, Virtusa, Quick Heal, etc.; Industry-academia collaboration for Business & Healthcare programs with – Fortis, BSE, Frost & Sullivan, ACCA, IMA, Safeducate, etc.