IIT Ropar is inviting applications for admission to the PhD course. The last date for applying to the course is October 26. The application fee can be filled online from the official website of the institute with the application fee of INR 200.
IIT Ropar Important Date
|Applications Open (PhD)||04 Oct, 2020|
|Last Date to Submission of Application Form (PhD)||26 Oct, 2020|
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Ropar is one of the eight IITs set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in the year 2008. The institute is affiliated to University Grants Commission and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. IIT Ropar offers degree and diploma courses in the discipline of Thermal Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering and many more.
IIT Ropar Highlights
|Entrance Exam||National: GATE/JEE Advanced
IIT Ropar Ranking
IIT Ropar has been featured in the QS World University Rankings for the first time in 2018.
IIT Ropar Courses
IIT Ropar offers UG, PG and Doctoral courses in the field of Engineering and Technology. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Metallurgical and Metal Engineering|
|Integrated B.Tech + M.Tech||Mechanical Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering (many more)||
|Ph.D.||Computer Science and Engineering||
|Civil Engineering (many more)|
IIT Ropar Admission
Candidates can apply online by following the steps listed below:
- Visit the official website of IIT, Ropar.
- Choose the option "Create new account" in the user login menu and enter a username and a valid email address.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the registered email of the candidate.
- Click on the link provided in the mail to validate your account and login to set your password.
- Login to the site and follow the links in the Main menu on the left to fill your application form online.
- After filling the form, click on ‘Submit’. The candidate will receive an acknowledgment mail on their registered mail-id.
- Pay the application fee of INR 200 (INR 100 for SC/ST/PWD/Women) by online bank transfer.
- The transaction ID must be quoted while filling out the online application form.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the marks secured in the following exams:
|Course||Entrance Test||Read More|
|B.Tech||JEE Advanced||Click here|
|Ph.D.||CSIR NET/UGC NET/DBT or Written test + Interview conducted by IIT Ropar||-|
- Candidates applying for degree courses will have to sit for Centralized Counseling.
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. course will be selected on the basis of written test followed by an interview.
The seat allotment of IIT, Ropar is done on the basis of provisions set by the Government of India. Tabulated below are details for same:
|PWD (40% or more disability)||3%|
Check IIT Ropar Admission
IIT Ropar Placement
IIT Ropar, through its Career Development and Corporate Relations Centre (CDCRC), provides students a career orientation in terms of industry, academia, R&D, entrepreneurship and public service. The cell organizes professional development activities and familiarizes students with industry expectations and other career alternatives. The recruiters visit the campus and conduct pre-placement talks, group discussions, aptitude test, technical test, and personal interviews. The average salary package offered was 14.56 lakhs p.a.
Top recruiters of IIT Ropar: Facebook, Oracle, Maq Software, Bharat Petroleum, Cognizant, Flipkart, Ericsson, Indus Valley Partners, PayPal, ONGC, Zomato and Gemini Solutions.
Check IIT Ropar Placement
IIT Ropar Scholarship
IIT Ropar provides scholarships to deserving students on the basis of marks secured in JEE, GATE examinations. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|M.Tech/M.S.||B.E/B.Tech/B.Des. Graduates and have qualified GATE/GPAT are eligible fellowship amounts INR 12,400|
Check IIT Ropar Scholarship
IIT Ropar Facilities
IIT Ropar has state-of-the-art infrastructure with well-equipped facilities. The following are the facilities of the institute:
- Medical Center
- Sports and Games
- Guest House
- Transportation facility
- Day Care Facility
IIT Ropar FAQs
Ques. How are the accommodation facilities of IIT Ropar?
Ans. IIT Ropar campus houses four hostels: Jupiter, Mercury and Neptune Hostels for boys and Venus Hostel for girls. The hostels are well equipped for comfortable lodging and boarding of approximately 380 students. Hostel Facilities include:
- All hostels are provided with water coolers and RO systems.
- Each hostel has a common room that provides facilities for indoor recreation and games.
- The hostel complex also includes four shops that cater to the basic needs of the residents, and also a few washing machine facility.
- The day-to-day management of hostels is taken care of by a committee consisting of student representatives.
Ques. Does IIT Ropar offer a Part-Time Ph.D. program?
Ans. Yes, IIT Ropar offers a Part-Time Ph.D. program in the discipline of Engineering, Science, Humanities and Social Sciences. The candidates must have a Master’s degree + GATE + work experience of 2 years (full time) after B.Tech./ M.Tech/ M.Sc./ M.A. or equivalent.
Ques. How can I check the time-table of the UG course at IIT Ropar?
Ans. Follow the below-mentioned steps to download the time-table of the UG course:
- Visit the official website of IIT Ropar.
- Go to the ‘Academic’ tab.
- Click on ‘Time Table’.
- Download the time table of the course of your choice.
Ques. What are the jobs with the average salary offered to M.Tech graduates?
Ans. The following table shows the list of popular job profiles for M.Tech graduates:
|Designation||Average Salary (INR)|
|Computer Science Engineers||INR 3 LPA|
|Assistance Engineers||INR 3 LPA|
|Executive Engineers||INR 9 LPA|
|Software Engineers||INR 5 LPA|
|Mechanical Engineers||INR 3.5 LPA|
|Electronics Engineers||INR 1.9 LPA|
|Mining Engineers||INR 8 LPA|
|Electronics and Communication Engineers||INR 3 LPA|
Check: M.Tech Course
Ques. What are the documents required for B.Tech admission at IIT Ropar?
Ans. The following documents are required for admission in B.Tech at IIT Ropar:
- Class X and XII certificate and mark sheet (Original and one attested copy)
- Proof of date of birth (if not mentioned in the Class X certificate)
- Caste certificate wherever applicable.
- JEE Branch and Institute allotment letter
- JEE Advanced Admit Card
- 5 Passport size colored photographs
- Copy of Aadhar Card of a student taking admission.
- Receipt of the payment of the fee made to JEE at the time of seat confirmation and fees paid to IIT Ropar.
- Income Certificate / Income Affidavit of parents duly attested by First Class Magistrate/ S.D.O./B.D.O./ TEHSILDAR or any other Revenue officer of the district of his/her residence.
- Affidavit for Gap of study, if the gap is more than two years