Lovely Professional University (LPU) is a Private University situated on the outskirts of Jalandhar, Punjab. It is the largest single-campus university in India, with more than 30,000 students, over 4000 faculties and staff, offering more than 200 programs. Recognized by UGC and is also a member of AIU. The university is ranked high on various parameters by acclaimed bodies and is a recipient of various awards including the Best Private University Award by ASSOCHAM again in 2017, presented by Sh. Prakash Javadekar Union Minister of HRD, Govt. of India. With internationally benchmarked curricula, innovative pedagogy, experiential learning, and 200+ foreign tie-ups for equitable and affordable quality education, the University is poised to establish itself as a Centre of Excellence in Research.
Lovely Professional University (LPU) has also started the application process for PhD programs. Those shortlisted through the entrance exam will be called for the further admission process. Check LPU Admissions
|Established | University Type||2005 | Private|
|Affiliated to||NCTE, COA, PCI, IAP, BCI, UGC|
|Accredited to||ACBSP, ACU|
National: GATE/ NATA/ JEE Main/ GPAT/ JEE Main (Paper-II)
|Total Programs||200+ programs in 55 disciplines|
|Popular Courses||MBA, PGDM, B.E, B.Tech|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online and Offline Mode | INR 1500 & INR 1000 (for Boys) & INR 1000 & INR 500 (for Girls)|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, Amazon India, Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd., Cognizant Technology Solutions, Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd., Federal Bank, Hindustan Uni-liver Ltd., Synopsys India, Samsung Research Institute India|
|Facilities available||Hostel, Library, Transportation|
|LPU Brochure||10th Brochure | 12th Brochure | After Graduation Brochure|
The University campus exhibits a rich diversity as the academic staff and students come from all 29 states of India and more than 70 countries of the world. Education at LPU is a holistic one, aimed toward developing the intellectual and private strengths of scholars.
The LPU expertise takes place each at intervals and out the classroom, nurturing creativity and innovation through challenging project work and participative learning, and providing an environment conducive to sparking ideas and how to translate those ideas into reality. LPU has a wonderful account of launching its students into eminent careers that have been tested by our Alumni operating in 500+ world and Indian Super Brands.
Click here to check LPU Admissions
A divergent world in itself, Lovely Professional University is setting great benchmarks in the industry of education by providing a sharp edge to the budding talents. Since its inception, LPU is working rigorously to enhance the development of varied teaching styles and techniques through the means of extensive technological advancements happening within the campus. This, in turn, has drastically increased the average rate of packages offered by many giant MNCs and corporations. The industry leaders like Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and even Google have hired LPU’s students on packages worth 1 Crore and above.
LPU Ranking and Awards
- Ranked 99th amongst Top 100 Institutions in India under Overall Category by NIRF
- Ranked amongst the top 50 management institutions in India in NIRF 2020 rankings by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. It is one of the youngest B-Schools on the list to be featured along with IIMs and FMS of India
- Ranked 78th amongst all Government and Private Universities by NIRF
- Ranked 49th amongst Top Management Institutions by NIRF
- Ranked 87th amongst Top Engineering Institutions by NIRF
- Ranked 27th amongst Top Pharmacy Institutions by NIRF
- Ranked among the Top ‘Universities of the Future’ by India Today Aspire
- LPU Faculty of Pharmacy is ranked among the top 30 and Faculty of Management in top 50 and, Engineering in top 90
- Ranked 36th Best B-School of India
- Ranked 3rd among Power Private Universities
- Ranked 13th Best Private B-Schools in India
- Ranked among Top 30 best B-Schools in India
- Ranked 1st Best University to be enrolled for further studies
- Ranked 21st India’s Top B-School Brands
- Ranked 14th Best in Infrastructure and Living Experience
- Ranked 37th Best University
- Ranked 32nd Best in Pedagogy
- Ranked 34th in Intellectual Capital
- Ranked among Top 75 Management Schools in India
- Ranked 14th Best Private University in North Zone
- LPU website ranked among Top 10 Educational Website Designs of the world
LPU Courses Offered
|Medical||BPT, B.Pharm.||MPT, M.Pharm.|
|Law||BA+LLB. BBA+LLB, LLB||LLM|
|Architecture||B.Arch, B.Plan||M.Arch, M.Plan.|
|Arts||B.A, B.Ed., BFA,||M.A, M.Ed.|
Read: LPU Fee Structure
The University offers several specializations in B.Tech. and Integrated B.Tech + MBA program and B.Tech. (Hons.) and Integrated B.Tech + M.Tech. Additionally, the university also offers an M.Tech program at the PG level.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the engineering program at UG level is 10+2 with a minimum of 60% marks in PCM, subject to qualifying JEE Main or LPUNEST OR In case students scored more than or equal to 90% in 10+2, or 90 percentile in JEE Mains, then LPUNEST will be exempted and candidates may apply for admission.
- Whereas, at the PG level the minimum eligibility to apply is a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a minimum of 60% marks, subject to qualifying LPUNEST .
In the department of Management, the university offers, BBA (Hons.), Dual Degree BBA (Hons.) + MBA, Integrated BBA + MBA and Dual Degree BBA + MBA. LPU offers five specializations in the BBA program, thirteen specializations in the MBA program and fourteen specializations in MBA (Specialized) program.
- Minimum Eligibility to apply for the Management program at the UG level is 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 with English. At the PG level, the minimum eligibility to apply for the MBA program is 55% aggregate marks in Graduation, subject to qualifying LPUNEST.
LPU Architecture Courses
LPU offers the B.Arch program at the UG level and M.Arch Executive (part-time) program at the PG level.
- Candidates applying to B.Arch program must pass 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks (English and Mathematics as mandatory subjects) along with valid NATA or JEE Main (Paper-II) scores.
- For those applying to M.Arch program, a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks is mandatory, subject to qualifying LPUNEST .
LPU Law Courses
LPU offers BA+L.L.B /BBA+L.L.B/ L.L.B at the undergraduate level and L.L.M at the Postgraduate level.
- For BA+L.L.B /BBA+L.L.B, the candidate must pass 12th with minimum 60% marks and for L.L.B, 50% in any Bachelor’s Degree.
- For L.L.M, a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks, subject to qualifying in LPUNEST.
LPU Diploma Courses
LPU offers Diploma in Engineering, Management, Hotel Management & Tourism, Architecture, Fashion Design, Medical Laboratory Sciences and Dual Program Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Fashion Design, Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- For Diploma and Dual Program Diploma, the candidates must pass 10th with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
LPU Ph.D. Admissions
LPU offers a Ph.D. degree in fifty-two specializations at the Doctoral level. Minimum Eligibility to apply is a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks. The courses at the Research level are offered on both a Full-Time and Part-Time basis. Candidates applying to the Ph.D. courses need to appear for LPUNEST (National Entrance and Scholarship Test). The final selection will be made after the interview rounds based on the results of LPUNEST.
Key Points: Candidates who have qualified UGC (NET/ JRF) / CSIR / (NET /JRF) / ICAR (JRF/SRF) / SLET / GATE / GPAT/ holds Teacher Fellowship or passed M.Phil. program are exempted from LPUNEST.
NOTE: Candidates taking admission in LPU has to appear in LPUNEST (University Entrance Test) for certain courses if they have not appeared in any National Tests.
LPU Programs with Industry Tie-Ups
LPU has introduced the following courses with various Industry Tie-Ups:
|B.Tech. (Computer Science Engineering - Data Science (ML & AI))||UPGRAD|
|B.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering- Full Stack Development)|
|BBA (Financial Markets)||NSE Academy Ltd.|
|BBA (International Finance)||IMA USA (Institute of Management Accounts, USA)|
|B.Com. (Management Accounting and International Finance)|
|MBA (Business Analytics)||WileyNXT|
|MBA (Supply Chain & Logistics)||Safeducate|
|MBA (Financial Markets)||MBA (Financial Markets)|
LPU Application Fees
- Cost of the Application form and Soft copy of LPUNEST Kit is ₹1000 (for Boys) and ₹500 (for Girls).
- Cost of the Application form and Printed LPUNEST Kit is ₹1500 (for Boys) and ₹1000 (for Girls).
- For online application, the Applicant should have an Online Banking facility through Net banking/ Debit card/ Credit card.
Applicant may obtain LPUNEST Kit from University Campus or any other prescribed place by paying cash.
- Cost of Application form and Printed LPUNEST Kit is ₹1500 (for Boys) and ₹1000 (for Girls).
Lovely Professional University is one of the largest support providers in student placements in Northern India. Placements are administered by a team called Division of Career Services. This team aims to help students in obtaining relevant work experience to complement their academic studies and to develop appropriate skills and knowledge to be ready to work in tandem with the best minds across industries. Division of Career Services sets up recruitment drives and job fairs on a regular basis. Apart from this, it also extends abundant facilities such as resume writing sessions, career advisory services, and aptitude development workshops to proffer better placement to the students. Industry-leading companies, every year, come to Lovely Professional University to participate in recruitment drives.
- 2500+ Offers (placement/internship) extended to LPU students by 20 of Fortune-500 companies like CTS, Amazon, IBM, Verizon, Xerox, HP, Tech Data, Samsung, Morgan Stanley, Oracle, United Health Group, etc. over the past few years.
- 2000+ LPU students pursuing successful careers abroad in different countries like the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.
- Students have been placed at attractive packages like INR 15 LPA offered by Trident. Alumni drawing INR 1 crore packages at global brands including Google and CISCO stand proof that the nurturing at MSB gives them a competitive edge for life.
- LPU also makes efforts for placing International students around their home locations or placing Indian students abroad.
- LPU provides PEP classes where students are trained in aptitude, reasoning, soft skills, interviewing skills, free preparation for govt exams and more, right from the 2nd year till their placements.
- Top Recruiters: Amazon, S & P Global Market Intelligence, Unilever, Moody’s Analytics, HDFC Bank, OYO, ITC, Practo, Redington, Axis Bank, Asian Paints, Colgate-Palmolive, Microsoft, Amazon India, Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Ltd., Cognizant Technology Solutions, Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd., Federal Bank, Hindustan Uni-liver Ltd., Synopsys India, Samsung Research Institute India, SAP Labs, Virtusa, Verizon Data Services, TCS, CEAT, Flipkart, Havells, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Hitachi Consulting, Infineon Technologies, Kony, Nerolac Paints, P and O Cruise, Accor Hotels Group, The Oberois Group and many more.
The following graph depicts the highest salary package offered for the following programs in the year 2019:
Read more: LPU Placements
The Scholarships in LPU are present in a wide range. Scholarships are given to students who perform well in various sectors. Below are the following criteria in which scholarships are given:
- Eligibility Qualification: The scholarship will also be offered on the basis of Eligibility qualification.
- Certain National Level Tests: LPU offers Scholarships for various programs on the basis of Performance/ Rank in various National Level Entrance Tests.
- LPUNEST: Scholarship for a specific Programme depends on Performance in LPUNEST. There are three brackets:
- LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category I cut-off
- LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category II cut-off
- LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category III cut-off
|LPUNEST category slab||LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category I cut-off||LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category II cut-off||LPUNEST score more than or equal to Category III cut-off|
|Group 1||60% of Programme Fee||50% of Programme Fee||40% of Programme Fee|
|Group 2||50% of Programme Fee||40% of Programme Fee||30% of Programme Fee|
|Group 3||30% of Programme Fee||25% of Programme Fee||20% of Programme Fee|
Read more: LPU Scholarships
The world is developing and emerging at an immense rate. It is going through an era where the significance of practical knowledge is dominating theoretical knowledge. To match such global industry standards, LPU has upgraded itself with high-tech and extremely advanced Mac, SAP and Google labs that further facilitates at building a student’s competencies. LPU follows an outstanding educational method whereby it uses the technique of Audio-Visual smart lectures which tend to disseminate a huge amount of information to the students in a comparatively less amount of time. It helps the students to be more efficient at the three R(s) i.e. Read Revise and Recall.
Lovely Professional University is proudly the owner of one of the world’s largest and the most technologically advanced libraries. It is not just a department, situated in the corner, LPU’s library itself can defeat the buildings of many colleges. The building containing 9 floors and tons of shelves beholding an abundant amount of knowledge. You could find any and every book possible, both academic and non-academic or fictional and non-fictional. A quiet place, peaceful environment, and structured materials help a student to sort among the things he/she need and what he/she doesn’t. The library can accommodate more than a thousand students at once with zero chaos
LPU has well qualified and highly experienced faculty members. Some of them are as follows:
Prof. Bhupinder Verma
- Designation: Professor
- Department: Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Ms. Mandeep Kaur
- Designation: Professor
- Department: Civil Engineering
Mr. Mihir Lal
- Designation: Professor
- Department: Geotech and Foundation Engineering
Mr. Sanjay Jindal
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Department: Management
Ms. Dolonchapa Prabhakar
- Designation: Professor
- Department: Hydraulic Engineering
Read more: LPU Faculty
Ques. How is LPU for Engineering?
Ans. LPU is the best place to pursue your higher education as it provides better opportunities to their students, let it be curricular or extracurricular activities. LPU imparts practical exposure to the students through well equipped designed labs with experienced faculty and lab assistants. LPU has a 100% placement record with over 610 hired on a single day by cognizant. Tech Mahindra hired 250 students in one go, which is the highest for any campus drive conducted by Tech Mahindra. International Companies like Hyatt (USA), Ritz Carlton (USA), Adani Wilmar (Africa), Altruist (Africa), Al-Rakha (Dubai), Dharam Consultancy (USA) selected LPU students for International locations.
Ques. What is LPU NEST?
Ans. LPU NEST is an online entrance test conducted by the university. LPU has created centers in more than 200 cities across India. The question pattern followed in the LPU NEST is 30 questions on Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology and 20 questions in English. There is no negative marking in this examination and each correct answer fetches 4 marks. The syllabus for this test is similar to that of the +2. LPU NEST is not only the test for admission to the university but also for the award of scholarship. Based on the performance of the test students can also get scholarships up to Rs 5 lakhs.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
Ans. For admission in Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, candidates must have a master’s degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the relevant discipline or M.Phil. Candidates will be selected on the basis of LPUNEST followed by Personal Interview.
Ques. Does LPU offer MBBS?
Ques. What is the Fees for the MBA program in LPU?
CAT and MAT qualified candidates are also eligible to apply for an MBA course in LPU.
Ques. Do candidates need to appear for LPU NEST for lateral entry?
Ques. What is the highest Package in LPU
Ques. Is LPU a Government University?
Ques. Is LPU a good university?
Ques. Is LPU a recognized university?
Ans. LPU is recognized by several government agencies, like UGC, National Council for Teachers Education(NCTE) and Council of Architecture(COA).
It is approved by the Pharmacy Council of India(PCI) and is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
Along with these, LPU’s Agricultural Department is accredited by ICAR.
Internally, LPU is accredited by the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs and is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities(ACU)
Ques. What are the Courses offered by LPU?
Ques. How to get admission to LPU?
Ques. What are the Scholarships available in LPU?
- LPUNEST Score
- Eligibility qualification
- National Level Entrance Test like JEE Mains, NEET, UCEED, CAT etc.
- Performance in sports and extracurricular activities.
- Special Scholarships and fee concession.
Ques. Is the degree awarded by LPU valid for government jobs?
Ques. Is LPU Ragging Free?