Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana Important Dates
|Ph.D. Registration Deadline (Without Late Fee)||26 Nov, 2020|
|Ph.D. Registration Deadline (With Late Fee)||02 Dec, 2020|
|PET Exam Date||04 Jan, 2021
07 Jan, 2021
14 Jan, 2021
21 Jan, 2021
01 Feb, 2021
|Date of Counselling/Interview||05 Jan, 2021
08 Jan, 2021
15 Jan, 2021
22 Jan, 2021
02 Feb, 2021
Punjab Agricultural University was established in 1962. It was inaugurated by Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, Prime Minister of India in 1963. The university spreads over an area of 494 hectares at Ludhiana with an off-campus area of 1793 hectares. It has four constituent colleges which are, College of Agriculture, College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology, College of Home Science, and College of Basic Science & Humanities, besides PAU Pre-Graduation Institutes of Agriculture at Gurdaspur and Bathinda.
The university offers 43 Masters and 29 Ph.D. programs besides 11 under-graduate programs at Ludhiana and other colleges.
Punjab Agricultural University Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1962 | Public|
|Courses Offered||83 Courses across various streams|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
Punjab Agricultural University Courses Offered
|B.Sc. (Hons)||Specialization:Agriculture, Horticulture, Community Science, Nutrition & Dietetics
Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Candidate must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology/ Agriculture with at least 50% marks in aggregate/Two-year Diploma in Agriculture
|B.Tech.||Specialization:Biotechnology, Food Technology, (Agril. Engg.)
Duration: 3 year
Eligibility:Candidate must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology/ Agriculture with at least 50% marks in aggregate / Certificate course in Food Processing and Preservation from SLIET, Longowal
Eligibility: Candidate must have cleared Matric or equivalent with at least 65% marks in aggregate with Maths and Science as compulsory subjects
|Diploma||Specialization:Agriculture, Hybrid Seed Production Technology
Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Candidate must have cleared Matric
|M.Sc||Specialization:Agricultural Meteorology, Agronomy, Entomology, Extension Education, Food Technology, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Soil Science, Biotechnology, Horticulture (Fruit Science), Horticulture (Vegetable Science), Horticulture (Floriculture & Landscaping), Forestry Apparel & Textile Science, Community Science, Family Resource Management, Food & Nutrition, Extension Education and Communication Management, Human Development and Family Studies, Fashion Designing
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B.Sc. Agri./B.Sc. Agri. (Hons)/ B.Sc. Forestry/ B.Sc. Hort, B.Sc. Biotech, B. Tech. Food Technology/ B.Sc. Food Science, B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science with elective in Foods & Nutrition, B.Sc. Biotech. (Hons)
|M.Sc (Hons.)||Specialization: Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology, Zoology
Duration: 5 year integrated
Eligibility: Candidate must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology/ Agriculture with at least 50% marks in aggregate
|M.Tech/MCA/MBA||Specialization: Civil Engineering (Hydrology & Water Resources Engg./ Structural Engg.), Computer Science & Engineering, Farm Machinery & Power Engineering, Processing & Food Engineering, Soil & Water Engineering, Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System (GIS), Forestry Apparel & Textile Science, Community Science, Family Resource Management, Food & Nutrition, Extension Education and Communication Management, Human Development and Family Studies, Fashion Designing
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor of Engineering or Technology in Civil/Agril. Engg. ,Computer Science/Electronics / Electrical Engg., Chemical / Electrical / Food Engg. / Food Tech. / Dairy Technology / B.Sc. Food Tech. (Hons), Bachelor of Engineering or Technology in Agricultural Engineering/Aerospace Engineering /Information Technology / Computer Science Engg. , M.Sc. Clothing & Textiles/Apparel & Textile Science/Apparel & Textile Design and B.Sc. (H.Sc.)/B.Sc. (Hons) Home Sci./ Community Sci./B.Sc. (Hons) Fashion Designing, Home Management/ Family Resource Management, M.Sc. in Child Development/Human Development and Family Studies/ Human Development
|PhD||Specialization:Agricultural Meteorology, Agronomy, Biotechnology, Entomology, Extension Education, Food Technology, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Plant Pathology, Soil Science, Horticulture (Fruit Science), Horticulture (Vegetable Science), Horticulture (Floriculture & Landscaping), Energy Science & Technology, Farm Machinery & Power Engineering, Processing & Food Engineering, Soil & Water Engineering, Agricultural Economics, Botany, Zoology, Botany, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Sociology, Business Administration, Microbiology
Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: M.Sc. Agril. Met./ Agronomy/ Forestry/ Hort./ Fruit Science and B.Sc. Agri./B.Sc. Agri. (Hons)/ B.Sc. Forestry/ B.Sc. Hort., M.Sc. Biotech./Plant Breeding and Genetics/ Life Sciences and B.Sc. Biotech. (Hons), B.Sc. Molecular Biology, M.Sc. Extension Education/ Home Science Extension Education, M.Sc. Food Tech./M.Tech. Food Technology, M.Sc. Plant Breeding/Plant Breeding & Genetics/Genetics
Punjab Agricultural University Admission
Admission at Punjab Agricultural University is based on merit and entrance test. Students can apply either online or offline for the courses offered at the university.
How to Apply?
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the university. They have to pay ` 5640/- for each Entrance Test that includes the cost of downloaded form/ Prospectus (` 610/- for additional options in MET-Agri & MET-Community Science).
- Candidates must have a valid unique E-mail ID for uploading each application form.
- While filling the form a clear and recent passport size colored photograph has to be uploaded with a scanned copy of the signature.
- In order to pay the fee, the candidate will be provided two modes: Online payment (credit card / debit card / net banking) or Challan mode
(a) If a candidate wishes to pay using online mode, then he/she has to click pay online and make payment.
- The candidate must send the transaction statement along with computer-generated print-out of the application form duly signed by the candidate and his/her parents/guardian to
- The Registrar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana-141 004 clearly mentioning the name of the entrance test on the envelope.
(b) If the candidate has to pay using challan mode, he/she can download the Bank Challan Form of the concerned Bank.
- After taking the print-out of challan, the candidate has to visit the branch of the bank with the relevant Challan Form in order to deposit the fee.
- The candidate has to send the University Copy of the Challan Form immediately along with computer-generated print-out of the application form duly signed by the candidate and his/her parents/guardian to The Registrar, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana-141 004.
Read more: Punjab Agricultural University Admission
Punjab Agricultural University Placements
The university also has a training and placement cell. The employment situation is very good for Agricultural Engineers.
Many of them are in prestigious positions after getting selected in various all India level competitive examinations. Some of the postgraduate students are also holding high professional positions in various foreign countries in big companies.
- New Holland Tractors, CLAAS India have established well-equipped training labs on Tractors & Combine Harvesters respectively for the budding agricultural engineers from PAU.
- Mahindra & Mahindra has also established a Video-Conferencing facility for the benefit of students and for the betterment of the future of students.
Punjab Agricultural University Scholarships
The college offers the following scholarships to the students:
- Dr. S.K. Vasal Scholarship: This scholarship awards Rs.1500/- per month to the M.Sc. student with the highest OCPA in the discipline of Plant Breeding and Genetics.
- Mrs. Jaswant Kaur Bindra w/o Dr. Onkar Singh Bindra Scholarship: This scholarship awards Rs. 3000/- per month along with a contingency grant of Rs.5000/- per annum to the M.Sc. student with the highest rank in the admission list from the discipline of Entomology.
Punjab Agricultural University Facilities
At the university, there are many facilities for the comfort of the students.
- Lecture Rooms: All the Lecture Rooms are equipped with multimedia projectors.
- Examination Halls: Examination Halls have air conditioners. It also has a seating capacity of 200 candidates.
- Conference Halls: Air Conditioned Conference Hall also has a seating capacity of 200 persons.
- Computer Labs: The Computer Lab at the university is well furnished and equipped with computers for students.
- Counselling Cell: It also has a counselling cell with smart boards and a video conferencing facility.
- Hostel: The university also provides Hostel accommodation to the students. The hostel has all the facilities such as well-furnished room with attached bathrooms.
- Training Lab: There is a well-equipped training lab on Combine Harvester under Institute Industry Collaboration with CLAAS and on Tractors under Institute Industry Collaboration with New Holland
- It has the Research Hall, Research Farms, and Farm Machinery Testing Centre.
Punjab Agricultural University Faculty
There are various Professors, Associate Professors, and Assistant Professors in each department of the university for the students.
- Agricultural Journalism, Languages & Culture- 7 Assistant Professors, Professors
- Biochemistry- 10 Assistant Professors, Professors, and Biochemists
- Botany- 9 Assistant Professors and Professors
- Chemistry- 9 Associate Professors and Chemists
- Economics & Sociology- 27 Assistant Professors, Professors, Economists
- Mathematics, Statistics & Physics- 11 Assistant Professors and Professors
- Microbiology- 14 Assistant Professors, Professors and Microbiologists
- School of Business Studies- 11 Assistant Professors and Professors
- Zoology- 13 Assistant Professors, Professors, Associate Professors, Zoologists
Click here Punjab Agricultural University Faculty
Punjab Agricultural University FAQs
Ques. What is the full address of Punjab Agricultural University?
Ans. Punjab Agricultural University is located in Ludhiana, Punjab. The full address of the university is as follows:
Punjab Agricultural University, Ferozpur Rd, Ludhiana, Punjab -141027
Ques. How to contact Punjab Agricultural University?
Ans. Interested candidates can visit the official website i.e. http://www.pau.edu/ of the university or they can also contact them through the phone: 91-161- 2401960-79 Ext:- 213 or
Fax. 91-161- 2400945 or
Ques. What is the gender intake at Punjab Agricultural University?
Ques. Are there any research centers of the university?
- Ballowal Saunkhri (Shahid Bhagat Singh Nagar), Gurdaspur, Faridkot, Bathinda, Abohar, Kapurthala, Usman (Taran Taran), and Dyal Bharang (Amritsar).
- 3 Fruit Research Stations are situated at Gangian (Hoshiarpur), Bahadurgarh (Patiala), and Jallowal & Lesriwal (Jalandhar)
- 4 Seed Farms are located at Naraingarh (Fatehgarh Sahib), Ladhowal (Ludhiana), Nabha (Patiala), and Birsikhanwala (Faridkot).
Ques. Do the university provide a hostel facility to married students?