Banasthali Vidyapith University, Jaipur is a Woman’s University as a Deemed University by UGC in 1983, founded by the Pt. Hiralal Shashtri (former Secretary in the Home & Foreign Department in the erstwhile Jaipur State in 1927 & first CM of Rajasthan State) on 6th of October, 1935, located in the Tonk district of Jaipur, Rajasthan. Banasthali Vidyapith’s aim of full and balanced development of students' personality got concrete expression in the form of 'Panchmukhi Shiksha' comprising of the following aspects: (i) Physical, (ii) Practical, (iii) Aesthetic, (iv)Moral and (v) Intellectual. The University has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with 'A' Grade (Five-star Rating). The university offers many School, UG, PG, and Doctoral level Programs under various Departments.
Get detailed info on Banasthali Vidyapith Jaipur Admission Process
Banasthali Vidyapith Jaipur Highlights
Type of University
Pt. Hiralal Shashtri
NAAC ‘A’ Grade Accredited
2,00,000 books approx, 9,000+ Online Journals
P.O. Banasthali Vidyapith, Jaipur - 304022
Banasthali Vidyapith Jaipur UG Courses
Under Banasthali Vidyapith Admission 2019, the university offers many UG courses of 3 years or 6 semesters such as B.A., B.Sc., B.Sc. (Home Sc.), B.Sc. (Aviation Science), BCA, BBA, B.Com. B.Ed. of 2 years or 4 semesters is also there with an Aptitude Test to be conducted compulsory. B.Tech. (CSE/EC/EI/EE/IT/BT/CE/MT), B.Pharm., B.Des. and Integrated LLB with different course duration is also there.
- B.A.: 10+2 of Banasthali or an examination recognized by Banasthali Vidyapith as equivalent thereto with Arts/Science /Home-science.
- B.Sc. (Mathematics Group): 60% aggregate in 10+2 of Banasthali or an examination recognized by Banasthali Vidyapith as equivalent thereto with Mathematics.
- B.Sc. (Life Sciences): 55% aggregate in 10+2 of Banasthali or an examination recognized by Banasthali Vidyapith as equivalent thereto with science Biology.
- B.Sc. (Home Sc.): 10+2 of Banasthali or an examination recognized by Banasthali Vidyapith as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 50% marks.
- B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce): 10+2 of Banasthali or an examination recognized by Banasthali Vidyapith as equivalent thereto in any stream.
- BCA: 60% aggregate in Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination of Banasthali or an examination recognized by Banasthali Vidyapith as equivalent thereto.
- BBA: 10+2 of Banasthali or an examination recognized by Banasthali Vidyapith as equivalent thereto.
NOTE: For SC/ST candidates the minimum aggregate percentage required is 40% in all the above-mentioned courses.
- B.Tech. (CSE/EC/EI/EE/IT/BT/CE/MT): 60% aggregate in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM)
- B. Pharm.: 60% aggregate in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) / Maths (PCM)
NOTE: For SC/ST candidates the minimum eligibility is 40% aggregate in 10+2 with subject as above.
- B.Ed./B.Ed.(Enriched) : Female candidate with at least 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST Candidates) in their three years Bachelor's Degree/ or Master's Degree from Banasthali Vidyapith or a University recognized by Banasthali Vidyapith as equivalent thereto.
- B.Sc. (Aviation Science): The candidates who have attained the age of 17 years and who have passed the 10+2 examination conducted by State Board/ CBSE or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto, irrespective of the stream.
(Note: Students from non-Science background have to pass the Physics and Mathematics papers (of 12th standard) in their B.Sc. I year in addition to the core papers of B.Sc. (Aviation Science)).
B. Des. (Bachelor of Design): 50% aggregate in Senior Secondary 10+2 from any stream
- Integrated LLB: 45% aggregate in 10+2 of Banasthali or an examination recognized by Banasthali Vidyapith as equivalent thereto in any stream. The admission would be based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
Banasthali Vidyapith Jaipur PG & Ph.D. Courses
The university offers many PG & Ph.D. level courses in many disciplines & their specializations such as:
- M.A. (Education, Economics, History, Pol Sci, etc.)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- M.Sc.(Physics, Chemistry, CS, Mathematical Sciences, etc.)
- M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ Pharmaceutics)
- M.Tech. (Computer Science /VLSI Design /Information Technology/Remote Sensing)
- M.Ed., MCA, MBA
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Bio-informatics
- M.Phil. (Social Sciences, English - Language Teaching, Hindi, etc.)
- Ph.D. (Sanskrit, Hindi, English, Economics, Bioscience, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, etc.)
A candidate who has obtained a Master’s degree in the subject or related field with at least 55% marks in aggregate or has qualified the National Eligibility Test (NET) by UGC may apply any time during the academic year for pursuing his/her research work. A candidate has to appear in the Research Entrance Test (RET) which may also be conducted online. Qualifying RET is a mandatory requirement for enrollment.
Click here for more info for Banasthali Vidyapith Courses & Fee Structure.
Banasthali Vidyapith Placements
From the initiation of the University, we are into providing quality guidance to our students so that they could be useful for the organizations, society and the nation. Our alumni are working very efficiently in the various fields at state & national level as a quality workforce & successful entrepreneurs.
For info in the genre, please click Banasthanli Vidyapith Placements.
Banasthali Vidyapith Hostel Facilities:
Banasthali University is a residential institution. A student admitted to the University will compulsorily have to join a hostel. There are 31 student hostels on the campus of the University. There is a different number of rooms in each hostel ranging from 80 to 120. All rooms are well furnished with basic amenities provided. Each hostel has a separate Mess, Newspaper and Telephone facility.
Click here for info for Banasthali Vidyapith Hostel Facilities.