Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani is one of the best private technological university in India. The institute is ranked 27 by the NIRF 2020 for its overall performance. BITS Pilani offers UG, PG, and Doctoral programs such as BE, ME, MBA, M.Sc, PhD, etc.
BITS Pilani PhD Admission 2021 results have been declared now. Results are available at the candidate login portal.
Meanwhile, the registration deadline has been extended for MBA in Business Analytics 2021-22. Interested candidates can apply for BITS Pilani Admission 2021 till March 5, 2021. Admission to these courses is based on marks obtained by the candidates in the CAT / XAT / GMAT entrance exams.
BITS Pilani conducts BITSAT for UG admissions, BITS-HD for PG admissions, and BITS-DOMBITS for PhD admissions. BITSAT 2021 Application Form has been released on February 23, 2021. The application process for admission is online through the official website.
BITS has three campuses namely,
ITS Pilani Highlights
|Established | Type||1964 | Deemed to be University|
|Accreditation||‘Grade A’ by NAAC|
|Branches||BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, and BITS Hyderabad|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Accepted exam scores||BITSAT, BITS-HD, GATE, CAT, GMAT, and BITS- DOMBITS|
|Library||3,000 Current Journals 20,000 Electronic Resources|
|Hostels||Boys: 12 Hostels Girls: 1 Hostel|
|Campus Area||328 Acres|
|How to reach||0.3 KM (from Pilani Bus Stand) 17.7 KM (from Chirawa Railway Station) 180.2 KM (from IGI, New Delhi)|
BITS Pilani Ranking
- Ranked 27 for Overall by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 6 for Pharmacy by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 30 for B.Tech by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 7 for B.Tech by IndiaToday 2020
- Ranked 7 for B.Tech by The Week 2020
- Ranked 601 for B.Tech by THE 2020
- Ranked 801 for Science by THE 2020
- Ranked 501 for Life Science by THE 2020
- Ranked 18 for Overall by QS 2020
- Ranked 2 by TOI 2020 for B.Tech
Read More: BITS Pilani Ranking
BITS Pilani Courses
Duration: 4 years
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in Graduation
Selection Criteria: CAT or GMAT
Specializations: Engineering & Technology Management, IT Enabled Services Management, Finance, HR, and Marketing
|ME||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in BE
Selection Criteria: GATE or BITS-HD
Specializations: CSE, Software, Mechanical, Embedded Systems, Design, Infrastructure, Micro Electronics, Biotechnology, Chemical, Structural, Transportation, Communication, Manufacturing System Management, Power Electronics and Drives
|B.Pharm (Hons)||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in 10+2
Selection Criteria: BITSAT
Cut off: 195
|M.Pharm||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in B.Pharm
Selection Criteria: BITS-HD
Specializations: Pharmaceuticals and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
|M.Sc (General Studies)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in a relevant subject
|M.Sc (Hons)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in B.Sc in the relevant subject
Specializations: Biological Science, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Economics
|PhD||Duration: 3 years
Selection Criteria: BITS- DOMBITS
Subjects: Physics, Economics & Finance, Biological Sciences, Pharmacy, Humanities & Social Sciences, Chemistry, CSE IT, Mathematics, Electrical & Electronics, Management Studies, Civil, Mechanical, and Chemical
Read More: BITS Pilani Fees
BITS Pilani Admission
BITS offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral-level programs. BITS Admission to all the courses is based on the various entrance test conducted by the university.
Admission to BE/ B.Tech and Integrated M.Sc. programs are through BITSAT conducted by the university. For admission to a higher degree and doctoral program, one has to appear for an online entrance test and an interview, both conducted by the university.
How to apply?
- Candidates must fill the form available on the university’s official website.
- They must upload the necessary documents.
- The applicants must mention their exam score (if applicable)
- They must mention their preferred test center.
- The complete application form along with the prescribed application fee must be submitted online.
BITS Pilani Entrance Exam (BITSAT)
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is an online computer-based admission test conducted by BITS, Pilani. The test is majorly conducted for admission to integrated first-degree programs offered at all the campuses of the university. BITSAT Application forms are available from the month of January, every year, while the entrance exam is conducted in the month of May. The application fee for the BITSAT exam is as follows:
- Male: INR 3300
- Female: INR 2800
BITSAT exam is accepted by BITS Pilani, BITS Hyderabad, BITS Goa, and NIIT University. The minimum eligibility required to sit in the entrance examination is a pass in class 12th examination from a recognized Central or State Board.
BITSAT Cut off 2020
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||320|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||333|
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||323|
Read More: BITS Pilani Cut off
BITSAT Application Form
The application form for BITSAT is made available on the university’s official website. BITSAT Application forms are available from the month of January, every year, while the application process ends around the month of June. Candidates need to fill the form online, once a form has been filled, candidates will need to take a printout of the application form. A candidate can make changes in the application form at any time before submitting the form. One should only take a printout of the application form, once he/she has made sure that the form has been filled incorrectly.
Candidates can choose to pay online through any of the given online payment methods or may even choose to pay offline through Cash Challan. Once the candidates have taken the printout of the application form and completed the payment, they will send the form to The Dean Admissions, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan.
BITSAT Admit Card
BITSAT Admit Cards are made available on the BITS Official Website in the month of April as the entrance exam is conducted in the month of May. The admit cards can easily be downloaded from the website of the university. Here are the step-wise instructions on How to download the admit card?
The result of the BITSAT exam is announced in the month of July. The university announces the result through its official website. The result consists of a list of candidates who have cleared the entrance test and will be allotted admission to any of BITS’ 4 campuses. The list also includes the names of the candidates on the waiting list.
Check BITSAT Result
BITS Pilani Placement
BITS Pilani has achieved successful placements for almost 100% of the deserving candidate over the past few years. The Central Placement Cell of BITS Pilani counsels and trains the candidates before appearing for an interview. Companies like Amazon, KPMG, Morgan Stanly, PWC, Hindalco, Hitachi, Honda, Infosys, TESCO are among the top recruiters of the Institute.
Also, Check BITS Pilani Placements
BITS Pilani Scholarship
A large number of scholarships, fellowships, and other financial assistance are available to the students of the institute.
- Institute Merit and Merit-cum-Need Scholarships: Students admitted to Integrated First Degree Programmes are eligible to receive these awards. The merit awards cover reimbursement of full semester fees and admission fees for top ten students of each batch, and 50% or 25% semester and admission fees for those selected for Merit-Cum-Need awards.
- Student Aid Fund: Some financial assistance may also be obtained from this fund. These awards are made normally in the second semester only.
- EWYLP: Various schemes operate under the Earn While You Learn Programme (EWYLP) from which financial assistance is available.
The BITS Pilani has a number of clubs that the students can enroll in for organizing various extracurricular activities. These clubs are-
- The Creative Activities Club (CAC): It works throughout the college festivals. Fun-game events in BOSM; Several workshops and competitions during OASIS; Creative puzzle events and an art gallery during APOGEE.
- The BITS Radio-Control (RC) Club
- Team Robocon is a group of robotics engineers participating in ABU Robocon.
- MASSOC: It is basically a Management Association which deals with providing a wide platform for the students so that they can showcase their management skills.
- Marketing Club: It is the club where Students show up their creativity & unique ideas. It is conducted basically for discussing new practices & schemes which can help to give new dimensions to the education.
- Finance Club: It helps young minds to learn the intricacies of stock markets, the mechanics behind the driving force of the financial world.
- Editorial Club: A club created by the MBA students that give an impartial voice to the talented minds & people with a passion to write. It brings out a management group newsletter “BIZZ BITS”.
- Astro Club: Skywatching sessions. The club is equipped with two telescopes: A Galilean and a 12.5-inch Cassegrainian telescope.
- Some other clubs include The Hindi Drama Club (HDC), English Drama Club (EDC), The Debating Society, The Wall Street Club, The Music Club, The Dance Club, The Photography Club known as Photog.
BITS Pilani Festivals
The following festivals are hosted annually-
- BOSM- It is BITS Open Sports Meet
- OASIS-The cultural fest
- APOGEE- The signature magnum opus tech fest
- INTERFACE- Management fest organized and conducted entirely by MBA students.
BITS Pilani FAQs
Ques. How many campuses does BITS Pilani have?
Ques. BITS Pilani is famous for which course?
Ques. What is the NIRF ranking of BITS Pilani?
Ques. Is BITS Pilani a private institute?
Ques. Does BITS Pilani offer hostel facilities?
Ques. Why is BITS Pilani so expensive?
Ques. Is Bitsat easier than JEE?
Ques. What is the highest package of BITS Pilani?
Ques. Can I get a Scholarship in BITS Pilani?
Ques. How many seats are there in BITS Pilani?
Ques. What programs does Birla Institute of Technology and Science [BITS] offer?
Ques. What is the NIRF ranking of BITS Pilani?
Ques. Does BITS Pilani provide any scholarship programs?
Ques. What facilities does BITS Pilani offer?
Ques. How is the placement facility of Birla Institute of Technology and Science [BITS] Pilani?
Ques. What is the seat intake of various courses offered at BITS Pilani?
Ques. What is the fee for the BITS Pilani B.Tech course? Is BITS Pilani a government college?
Ques. Is BITS Pilani accredited by NAAC?
Ques. How many campuses do BITS have?
Ques: Where is BITS Pilani situated?
Ques: Is BITS Pilani a private institute or government aided?
Ques: How can I apply in BITS Pilani?
Ques:What is the minimum eligibility for applying into BITS Pilani?
Ques: What is the fee for the MBA program BITS Pilani?
Ques: Does BITS Pilani offer Distance education as well?
Ques: Who are the partereed recruiters of BITS Pilani?
Ques: Does BITS Pilani provide a hostel for its students?
Ques: Does BITS Pilani provide a scholarship to its students?
Ques: What is EWYLP Scheme of BITS Pilani?
Ques: What are the extracurricular activities covered in BITS Pilani?