Academy of Maritime Education and Training (AMET), established in 1993, is a maritime educational academy situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It is a technology-oriented institute for higher education, which was regarded as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956. This institute offers UG, PG, Ph.D., and various other courses in streams of engineering, and maritime education and training.
AMET Chennai Highlights
|Established | Type||1993 | Private|
|Application Mode||Online and offline|
|Admission criteria||Entrance exam|
|Course Offered||UG, PG and Ph.D. courses in Engineering training and Maritime education|
AMET Chennai Courses
The following table gives details about the courses being conducted at the AMET Chennai:
|B.E.||Marine||Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate
Duration: 4 years
|Naval Architecture and Offshore|
|Electrical and Electronics|
|B.Tech.||Food Processing technology|
|B.Sc.||Nautical Science||Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent with 50% aggregate
Duration: 3 years
|B.Com||Logistics and Computer Applications|
|B.Voc.||BFSI (Banking Finance Service and Insurance)|
|M.E.||Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering||Eligibility: B.E. / B.Tech., Entrance exam merit rank, and interview.
Duration: 2 years
|Thermal and Fluid Engineering|
|MBA||Shipping and Logistic Management||Eligibility: BBA
Duration: 2 years
|M.Sc.||Marine Biotechnology||Eligibility: B.Sc., Medicine, or Agriculture with 55% marks, entrance exam merit rank, and personal interview
Duration: 2 years
|Ph.D.||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||
Eligibility: Master’s degree in relevant subject with min. 55% marks, entrance exam merit rank, and personal interviews
AMET Chennai Admission
The Academy has courses right from undergraduate in B.E., B.Sc., BBA to postgraduate in M.E., M.B.A., and M.Sc. Postgraduate students also have Ph.D. options to continue education into Research and Development in Naval Science.
How to Apply?
- Get application forms for entrance exam in-person or download from the website. The application fee is INR 1000). Fill all details and providing attested photocopies of relevant certificates. Submit your application online or send your application by post to the admin office of AMET University.
- Entrance Examination is conducted online. Shortlisted candidates are called for Medical Screening and Personal Interview
- Candidates will be selected on the Rank list and will have to pay the admission fee within the next 15 days after their selection.
Check here AMET Chennai Admission
AMET Chennai Placement
AMET placement department co-ordinates with companies for on-campus interviews. The top recruiting companies are Maersk, Shell, Selandia, Fleet, DHL, Transworld, Beta, and HCL. For Marine Engineering, placements begin in the 1st year itself. The bulk recruiter from this college is Maersk Line. Listed below are the placement details of the college is given below:
|Academic year||Graduation level||Students placed||Median salary INR|
Know more AMET Chennai Placement
AMET Chennai Scholarship
AMET University offers scholarship programs for deserving students. Given below are the seven categories in which scholarships are provided:
- Shree Janakiraman Scholarship: Fees concessions for the Students belonging to the economically backward section.
- Meritorious Student Scholarship: Those who have scored more than 90% in their 10+2 with a fee concession of 15%.
- First Graduate Fees Concession: 15% fee concession to first graduate at admission.
- Single Parent Scholarship: 15% fee concession for students who are having a single parent and are economically poor.
- Single Girl Child - Fee Concession: Fee concession of 15% to a single girl child candidate.
- Ex-Servicemen Scholarship: Wards of Ex-servicemen, are eligible for a 15% fee concession.
- Maritime Training Trust Scholarship for Female Cadets: Female cadets of the Department of Marine Engineering and Nautical Science can apply for this scholarship.
Read more: AMET Chennai Scholarship
AMET Chennai Facilities
The following facilities are being provided for the students during their tenure with the college:
- Residential facility: College provides hostel facilities for the outstation students within the campus.
- Laboratories: The college has Hi-Tech laboratories for students to apply their theoretical knowledge practically and to conduct experiments.
Library: This college has well equipped open accessed Central Library consisting of more than 900 books, periodicals, dissertations, back volumes, projects and e-journal facilities, etc.
Sports and Games: There are indoor and outdoor sports facilities available for the students inside the campus, which include volleyball court, basketball court, gymnasium, kabaddi court, indoor game hall, and swimming pool.
Health facility: Full-time medical facility is available within the campus. A doctor and a nurse are also available in the campus for any medical emergency.
Click AMET Chennai Hostel
AMET Chennai Faculty
AMET University faculty under the leadership of Chancellor Dr. J.Ramachandran. This college has 190+ faculty members who hold or are pursuing their Ph.D. degree in their respective fields of expertise and has worked in their field for a long time. Faculty members have done 20 consultancy projects, 39 sponsored research projects, and 2 IPR in the academic year 2018-2019.
- Professor: 27
- Assistant Professors: 120
- Associate Professors: 44
Check here AMET Chennai Faculty
AMET Chennai FAQs
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria to pursue a diploma in Marine engineering?
Ques. What is the total fee amount for 4 years in Marine Engineering at AMET University?
Ques. Is AMET University a good choice for pursuing B.Sc Nautical Science. How are its placements assistance for students?
Ques. How many seats are available for B. Sc Nautical Science at AMET University. Also is the selection process tough?