Updated On - July 29th 2019 by SURBHI
Alagappa University, Karaikudi was initiated by a Special Act of the Government of Tamil Nadu in May 1985. It is one of the ventures among the institutions founded by an eminent philanthropist Dr. R.M. Alagappa Chettiar. The University has 39 Departments, 9 Centres, and 2 Constituent Colleges on its campus, 44 Affiliated Colleges located in the districts of Sivaganga and Ramanathapuram are part of the University of which one Autonomous College and one Alagappa University Model Constituent College of Arts and Science are located in Kilakkarai and Paramakudi respectively.
Its main objective is to promote Research, Development and facilitate the sharing of knowledge in various branches of learning. It provides a variety of UG and PG Courses. It is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), as well as the member of the Association of Common Wealth Universities (ACU).
Alagappa University Highlights
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
University Grants Commission (UGC)
NAAC ‘A+’ Grade Accredited
Dr. RM Alagappa Chettiar
Alagappa Puram, Karaikudi - 630003 Tamil Nadu, India
Alagappa University Courses
Alagappa University offers several UG and PG courses in the faculties of Arts, Science, Management and Education. Alagappa University offers M.P.Ed., M.Com, M.A., M.S.W., and M.L.I.Sc. courses at the postgraduate level. All these courses are offered for a duration of two years.
Also Check Alagappa University Fee Structure
Alagappa University Faculties
The University provides its quality education via four teaching faculties such as the following:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Education
Alagappa University Admission
The registration is done through offline mode. Candidates who wish to apply can obtain the application form from the admission portal of the university. Successfully filled application form along with required fee submit it to the desired address.
To be eligible for admission to undergraduate courses, applicants should have passed class 12 in relevant discipline with minimum 60% marks from a reputed board. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for the reserved category candidates.
Candidates having a graduation degree in relevant discipline with at least 60% marks (For SC/ ST 55%) from a well-recognized university or Institute are eligible to apply for postgraduate courses. Applicants are selected on the basis of merit list. Listed candidates on the basis of their marks in qualifying examinations are considered for admission.
For admission to some of the courses such as B.Ed., M.Ed., MBA, MCA, etc, the university conducts separate entrance tests, medical tests, fitness tests, interviews, and group discussion rounds in order to evaluate the courses.
Read More Alagappa University Admission
Alagappa University Placements
The university has a great placement cell which works to provide the best placement opportunities to its students. The placement cell is committed to providing all possible assistance to graduates and postgraduates in their efforts to find employment. This commitment is demonstrated by the existence of a Placement Officer in charge. Its mission is to enhance the level of employability of the students, by equipping them with relevant professional skills and through proper nexus with reputed recruiters. A vast number of 1,655 students got placed in the session 2017-18 in approx every specialization such as Chemical Science, Management, Physical Education, and Education, etc. Some of the frequent visitors of the university are such as AMCO Batteries, Axis Bank, Neeyamo, Future Generali, Poorani Textiles, HDFC Bank, and many more.
Alagappa University Scholarship
The University provides many sorts of Scholarship Programs for its student under numerous categories financed by Government agencies. The Scholarship awarded is on the basis of merit and need.
Click here Alagappa University Scholarships
Alagappa University Fellowship
Alagappa University has created AURF (Alagappa University Research Fellowship) which provides the financial assistance for undertaking Research by the Research Scholars of the University.
- AURF Research Fellowship
- AURF Publication Grant
- AURF Thesis Submission Fee Concession
- Alagappa University Facilities
Alagappa University Result
The university conducts semester examination in the months of April and December every year. Regular college students under UTDs can check their results by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official page of Alagappa University.
- In the main menu, click on the Examination section’ followed by ‘Exam Results’ tab
- After clicking on the tab ‘Exam Results’ you will be redirected to the listing page
- Click on your desired link and enter details such as Registration number and course name
- Click on submit button.
Know more Alagappa University Result
One can also check the Alagappa University DDE
results whosoever is doing a distance course via this Directorate of Distance Education of Alagappa University.
Alagappa University Key Features
- The University has acquired 4th rank in Swachhta Ranking 2018 for the cleanest Higher Educational Institutions in the Country in the category of Government Institutions.
- The University has bagged Indian Association for the Blind (IAB) Silver Zone Award for outstanding excellence and amazing contribution for the empowerment of persons with Visual Challenges.
- It is the only University in Tamil Nadu which has been sanctioned Rs.100 crores under RUSA 2.0 Scheme.
- Obtained Autonomy status (one among 60 Institutions in the country announced by MHRD).
- Secured 28th position among Universities in NIRF 2019 ranking.
Alagappa University Facilities
- Seating capacity of 150 students at a time
- A vast collection 1 lakh volumes of printed Books, 149 printed periodicals, 492 items of non-book materials, and 1446 volumes of theses in print form. Access to 6242+ numbers of Online journals and 1,31,000+ numbers of e-theses are also available.
- Internet connectivity to access online content.
- Alagappa University has 15 hostels with 427 rooms for men and women research scholars and graduate students of the University.
- The hostel rooms are well furnished and well ventilated.
- There is provision to accommodate around 1,200 students.
- One Reading Room is available for each hostel.
- The students are provided with English, Tamil dailies, Magazines & Employment News
- One Recreation Room with TV is available in each hostel.
Health Care Center
- It provides early diagnosis of diseases of students at free of cost.
- It organizes compulsory general medical checkup camps for all the members of the University.