Updated On - July 29th 2019 by SURBHI
Bharathidasan University (BDU) is a State University in the city of Tiruchirapalli of the Tamilnadu state in India. The University has totally 4 Faculties, 16 Schools, 37 Departments, and 29 Specialized Research Centers. There are 230 faculty members catering to 2372 students and scholars in the University. The university has 151 Affiliated Colleges including 10 constituent colleges, 21 Govt. colleges, 11 government-aided colleges to have an autonomous status. Bharathidasan University has three campuses Palkalaiperur Campus, Khajamalai Campus, and BIM campus.
Bharathidasan University offers various UG, PG, Doctoral, and distance education programs in the University departments. Students can apply in Affiliated colleges, model colleges, and PG Extension Centers to grab admission in regular and distance programs. Bharathidasan University Admission is done on the basis of merit of the qualifying exam. It also accepts CAT and TANCET for MBA program.
Bharathidasan University Highlights
The established year
University Grants Commission (UGC)
NAAC ‘A’ Grade Accredited
University Library Book Collections
Department Library Book Collections
Palkalaiperur Thiruchirapalli - 620024 Tamil Nadu, India
Bharathidasan University Courses and Admission
The university provides a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple specializations. The duration of UG, PG and research courses is varied depending upon the stream and specialization chosen.
Admission to all courses offered by the university is done in offline mode only. Applicants who wish to apply are required to visit the university website and download the application form.
Selection of candidates is done through the merit of the last qualifying exam. Applicants obtain equal or more than required marks are only considered for admission. While those seeking admission to the MBA program need to appear for CAT or TANCET.
Also Check Bharathidasan University Fee Structure
Bharathidasan University Result
The University conducts the semester examinations for regular programs twice in a year. Students must follow the below-mentioned steps to download the scorecard:
- Visit the official website of Bharathidasan University.
- Click on tab ‘Examination’.
- Now click on the semester examination link.
- After that, you will be redirected to the result page.
- Enter your registration number and click on ‘Submit’.
- Save and download the scorecard for future reference.
Click here Bharathidasan University Result
Bharathidasan University Scholarship
BDU University provides many Scholarship Programs to the needy and worthy students via many forms. Numerous State Govt. Scholarship Programs and Central Govt. Scholarship Programs are being run under the curriculum of the university for the betterment of the university students.
Read More Bharathidasan University Scholarship
Bharathidasan University Collaborations
- Madras Institute of Heavy Machineries (MIHM), Chennai
- Divva Knowledge Process and Management Limited, Bengaluru
- Animation Academy, Shalom InfoTech Pvt Ltd, Tiruchirapalli
- International Institute for Career Development (IICD), Tiruchirappalli
- Lead Global Management Institute (LGMI), Bangalore
- Don Bosco Institute of Information and Communication Excellence, Tiruchirappalli
- Beta Technologies, Coimbatore
Bharathidasan University Facilities
Book published (authored )
Book published (Edited)
There are nine hostels in the campus provided by the university for the outstation students at very cheap and affordable prices in which four are meant for males while five hostels are reserved for female students.
There is a special Health Center within the campus premises in 300 sq. feet area. The health center has First-aid medicine, IRR Lamp, Electrocardiogram and other basic equipment.
Apart from the above facilities, the university provides many other facilities such as Sports & Fitness, Transportation, Food & Shops, Computing Resources, and Emergency & Personal Safety, and many more like them.
Bharathidasan University Awards & Recognitions
- The University has successfully secured 60th rank in the list of Indian Universities of NIRF-2019.
- Tiruchirappalli City Cultural Academy has awarded an “Outstanding Individual for the year 1993” in the field of promoting Indian Folk Arts among the students' community
- “Dr. Malcolm S. Adiseshiah Emerald Award 2003” has been conferred for his good services in Continuing Education by TNBCE and SRC, Chennai
- Recognized as Best NSS Programme Co-Ordinator of the State of Tamil Nadu by Govt. of Tamil Nadu during the year 1996 – 1997.
- Conferred Distinguished Educationalist Award, 2010 by His Excellency the Governor of Jharkhand
- Awarded “Bharat Gaurav Award 1996” for outstanding contributions in the field of Adult and Extension Education among Indian Universities by His Excellency the Vice-President of India at New Delhi.