IIM Tiruchirappalli, popularly known as IIM Trichy is ranked #15 in NIRF Ranking 2020. The popular program of IIM Trichy is PGPM which is a flagship program of the institute. The admission process of the 2-year PGPM course is followed by the declaration of CAT score. Know more about IIM Tiruchirappalli Courses & Eligibility
IIM Tiruchirappalli Admission Updates: IIM Tiruchirappalli has declared shortlisted candidates for PI process for PGPM admission 2021. The institute is participating in CAP 2021 for conducting MBA Admissions. In the shortlisting process of IIM CAP 2021, a total of 11000 students have been shortlisted. Know More about IIM Tiruchirappalli MBA Admissions
IIM Tiruchirappalli Quick Facts
- IIM Trichy is ranked at #7th position in Outlook ICARE top Public MBA ranking for the last two years. Check IIM Trichy Rankings
- IIM trichy is participating in the Common Admission Process along with 8 other IIMs excluding WAT round from admission criteria.
- IIM Trichy Fee is MBA payable fee i.e.INR 1650000 is lower than other top IIMs like IIM Calcutta, Bangalore and Ahmedabad.
- IIM Trichy is taking optimum care of the balance faculty-students ratio with 32 full-time faculty. Check IIM Trichy Faculty Details
- In PGP Placement 2020, IIM Trichy has witnessed 26% increase in recruiters' participation. The institute has secured 186 offers for 173 students.
- Highest CTC offered by recruiters is INR 25 LPA and the Average CTC of top 50% for PGPM 2018-2020 batch is INR 19.01 LPA. Check IIM Tiruchirappalli Placement Report 2020.
IIM Tiruchirappalli CAT Cut off
IIM Tiruchirappalli for MBA 2021 admission participating with other 8 IIMs for CAP 2021. IIM Trichy cut off of CAT 2020 has reduced by only 1 percentile compared to the previous year. The CAT Cut Off trend to high this year contrary to top premier IIMs like IIM Ahmedabad, and IIM Bangalore.
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||80||60||60||45||30||30|
|Verbal & Reading Comprehension||80||60||60||45||30||30|
IIM Tiruchirappalli Ranking
IIM Tiruchirappalli ranks at 15th position in NIRF ranking of 2020. With a total score of 60.79, it has dropped a rank as compared to NIRF 2019 management ranking with 59.15. On the contrary, IIM Trichy has a stronghold on the 7th rank among 30 Public Management institutes in OUTLOOK ICARE ranking for the last two years. Check IIM Trichy Ranking
|Ranking Agency||Year||Ranked at|
|NIRF||2020||15th out of 75|
|Outlook Magazine ICARE Top Public MBA Institution Ranking||2021||7th out of 30|
|NHRDN shine.com B school ranking||2019||8th|
|India Today MDRA||2020||18 out of 100|
|T.I.M.E B-School Categorization||2020||AAA|
IIM Tiruchirappalli Course, Fees, Selection Criteria
|Courses||Eligibility & Selection Criteria||Fees|
|PGPM/ PGPM HR||
Eligibility: Graduation degree with 50% aggregate marks is along with the CAT exam score.
|INR 16.5 Lakhs|
|DPM||Eligibility: Master’s degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
Selection: Based on Research aptitude examination and area interview performance of the candidates.
|No TuitionFee, Fellowship: INR 30000-36000 per Month.|
|E-DPM||Eligibility: Must have First class in graduation and /or PG degree + 10 years of full-time experience.
Selection: Evaluation process conducted by IIM-T
|INR 10 Lakhs|
|PGPBM (Chennai)||Eligibility: Must have passed graduation with minimum 50% marks, Must have minimum 3 years full time experience.
Selection: Based on written test and PI merit
|INR 11.80 Lakhs|
IIM Tiruchirappalli Batch 2018-2020– Class Profile
IIM Tiruchirappalli PGPM is known for its more gender-diverse PGPM batches along with IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore. The batch profile of PGPM 2018-2020 had 52% female students over 48% male students. The average work experience of the enrolled students is highest for 24-36 months. While, 28% of the second majority section of the batch are freshers.
Check the table below for further information
|Work Background||Percentage of students enrolled|
|Consulting & Analytics||12|
|Sales and Marketing||10|
For PGPM batch 2018, academic background of the students is portrayed in a tabulated form:
|Academic Background||Percentage of students enrolled|
|Arts & Science||7|
IIM Tiruchirappalli Placements
IIM Tiruchirappalli Placements of 2020 shows exceptional learning and academic rigor. The institute has offered 100% placement record to the PGPM 2018-2020 batch. Given below are major highlights of the placement report of 2020:
- 119 recruiters raising 186 offers for the batch of 173 students
- The placement secured by the batch is highest for Consulting & Analytics with 38%. Followed by 31.2% in sales and marketing, 23.7% in finance, and 7.1% in operation.
- The highest placement package offered to the students is INR 25 LPA.
- The outgoing batch has broken the previous year PPO record with 236% rise.
IIM Tiruchirappalli Scholarships
IIM Trichy offers government scholarships for the PGPM students. Here are some of the scholarship can be opted for the students:
- Central Scholarship for SC/ST/PWD Students: This is offered to SC/St/PWD category students in merit based process. The eligibility criteria of the scholarship is family income not more than 4.50 LPA.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship for Minority Students: The amount of this scholarship is INR 2.55 Lakhs. This is available to minority students with family income less than 6.0 LPA.
- NHFDC Scholarship Scheme for PwD Students: Under this scheme, PWD category students are eligible for scholarships worth INR 2.50 Lakhs.
IIM Tiruchirappalli Faculty
IIM Trichy with a motto of "Knowledge is endless" focuses on the teacher-student ratio for imparting required guidance to the students. With 32 full-time faculty member, the faculty profile represents major fellows from IIMs such Gopal.V, Hari Sreekumar, and Apoorv Khare fellow of IIMC, Abhishek K. Totawar and A.K.Singh Fellow of IIM Indore, and also from IIMB, and IIT Madras.
The report of NIRF 2020 ranking shows significant size in faculty students ratio of the institute. The current faculty students ratio is 1:7 ensuring quality learning experience to the students.
IIM Trichy FAQs
Ques. When is the admission process begin?
Ans. For PGPM - During the 1st / 2nd week of August, For PGPBM - During the 1st / 2nd week of March, For FPM - During the 1st / 2nd week of November.
Ques. What are the part-time executive programs offered at IIMT?
Ans. Management Development Programmes (MDPs), Open Management Development Programmes (Open-MDPs), In-Company Training Programmes (ICTPs), Consultancy Project, Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP).
Ques. What is the Selection Process for FPM?
Ans. The selection process is based on CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF, Academic Performance & Personal Interview. Apart from the above the selection process also includes evaluation of the candidate's application which includes 'research intent', 'statement of purpose' etc.,
Ques. What is PGPBM Course in IIMT?
Ans. The Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM) is a two-year non-residential in-class learning weekend program to groom working executives to move into a senior leadership position. Students will be awarded an MBA Degree upon program completion.
Ques. Can overseas candidates take admission in IIM Tiruchirappalli?
Ans. Yes, overseas candidates can take admission for the PGP course. However, Candidates residing in neighboring countries like Nepal from where there are no entry-restrictions to India will also not be considered as overseas candidates.
Ques. What is the application fee for FPM and E-FPM?
Ans. General category students need to pay an application fee of Rs 500. Reserved category students are exempted from the application fee
Ques. How are the placements at the institute?
Ans. The institute has successfully maintained an impressive placement record. During the latest placement drive for the batch of 2018-2020, the institute witnessed the participation of 119 companies which is an incredible 26% increase in comparison to the previous year. Around 186 offers were made by the recruiters to 173 students across the domains of Sales & Marketing, Finance, Consulting & Analytics, and Operations.
Ques. What was the highest CTC offered to the students during the last placement drive?
Ans. The highest package offered in 2020 placements went up to 25 LPA. There was an 18% increase in Average CTC for Finance Roles. The institute also witnessed a 12% increase in Median CTC.
Ques. Does the institute offer any scholarships?
Ans. IIM Trichy offers various scholarships for PG programs based on the rules and regulations set by the Government of India. A list of scholarships offered is mentioned below:
- Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for ST students
- Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for SC students
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for Top Class Education for students with disabilities
- Merit cum Means based Scholarship for students belonging to minority communities
- National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation Scholarship
Ques. How will the candidates be selected post PI and WAT?
Ans. Criteria that would be used to select candidates post Personal Interview (PI) and Written Analysis Test (WAT):
- CAT score:50 percent weightage
- Written Analysis Test: 10 percent weightage
- Personal Interview: 18 percent weightage
- Work experience: 5 percent weightage
- Performance at Undergraduate level: 10 percent weightage
- Professional Qualification: 2 percent weightage
- Gender Diversity: 5 percent weightage for female candidates
Ques. What will be the parameters to determine the candidate’s performance in the PI?
Ans. The Personal Interview will comprise of 18% of the total composite score. The following factors will determine the candidate's performance in the PI-
- Communication Skills
- Academic Ability
- Current Affairs & General Awareness
- Managerial & Leadership Abilities
- Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Activities