Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, a Deemed University and a Christian Minority Residential Institution is ranked among the Top 100 Institutions in NIRF Ranking in the last 3 years. The institute is located in a sprawling 720-acre campus, amidst the green vegetation and misty mountains accommodating over 7500 students for learning and Research. The origin of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences dates back to the year 1986 when it began as an Engineering College affiliated to Bharathiar University.
All Engineering and Management Programs are approved by AICTE & UGC. While most of the Engineering Programs are accredited by NBA, the institution is NAAC Accredited. The M.B.A and B.Com, Programs are accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK). The Institution offers a wide array of Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral level programs in Engineering, Agriculture, Management, Arts, Sciences, Commerce, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security and Media.
Karuna University Highlights
|University Type||Deemed University|
National: CAT/ MAT
Institute: KEE, KMAT
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Ph.D|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based + Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||IBM, Microsoft, TCS, Infosys, WIPRO, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Accenture, Capgemini, Tata Elxsi, TCS, Tech Mahindra|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Scholarship, Sports|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 422 2363636|
Karunya University Rankings and Awards
- The institute has been ranked 66th in the Management category by Outlook Ranking 2020
- Karunya Institute of Technology & Sciences has been ranked 20th as ‘Best Institute’ by Knowledge Review Magazine
- It has also received Educational National Excellence Award 2016 -Best University Serving Social Cause – CSR by ASSOCHAM India
- The institute is awarded ad Asia Education Summit & Awards 2016- Best Deemed University in Tamil Nadu by Worldwide Achievers Pvt. Ltd.
- Karunya University has received Education Excellence Award 2016- Best University in South for Research and Consultancy Initiatives by Education Post.
- QS Intelligence Unit has rated Karunya as a Three Star Institution, awarding Four Star for Teaching and Five Star for Facilities and Inclusiveness.
- QS I·GAUGE has awarded Diamond rating for Teaching and Learning, Employability, Facility, Social responsibility, and Research; Gold rating for Faculty Quality and Overall contribution towards Higher Education.
Karunya University Courses
Karunya University offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple specializations. The below-mentioned table represents the details for the same:
|B.Tech||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from any recognized board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate OR 10+2 in the vocational stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and 60% marks|
|B.Sc||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and/or Maths as main subjects and a minimum aggregate score of 50%.|
|B.Com||10+2 in any stream with Mathematics & English as compulsory subjects with 60% marks|
|B.A||10+2 in any stream with 50% and 60% marks respectively|
|M.B.A||Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in any field from a recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks|
|M.Tech||B.E. / B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Computer Science and Engineering / Instrumentation and Control Engineering / Information Technology / MCA with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks|
|M.Sc||B.Sc. Degree in Chemistry/ Applied Sciences / Applied Chemistry / Biochemistry /Textile Chemistry with 50% marks and Physics as the main subject|
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with 50% marks
|Ph.D||Aspirants seeking admission to 3 years Full-time Program must possess a recognized regular Post Graduate degree with a minimum of 55% of marks or equivalent CGPA.|
Also Check: Karunya University Courses
Karunya University Admission
Mentioned below is a list of courses and respective qualifying exams for admission at Karunya University:
|MBA||CAT/ MAT/ KMAT|
Also Check: Karunya Deemed University Admission
Karunya University Cutoff
Tabulated below is the CAT cutoff for admission to the MBA course at Karunya University:
|MBA Human Resource Management||50|
|MBA International Business||50|
Karunya University Placements
Karunya University has a team of dedicated, committed and competent placement cell that is dedicated to providing students with proper professional training and placement opportunities among some of the most reputed companies and prestigious organizations. The placements for the academic year 2020 are currently being conducted with over 707 students already placed at 143 companies. 184 students among these have also received multiple job offers from recruiting companies.
Mentioned below is a chart depicting the final statistics of placements conducted during 2019 and 2020:
The highest CTC package offered during 2019 placements was worth INR 19.55 LPA and the average CTC package offered was INR 5.5 LPA.
The previous recruiters at Karunya University include IBM, Microsoft, TCS, Infosys, WIPRO, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Accenture, Capgemini, Tata Elxsi, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Oracle Financial Services, Oracle PGBU, HP Engg, iGATE Patni, HP Ltd., Honeywell Technologies, Standard Chartered, L&T, Robert Bosch, Quest Global, Everest Industries, Subex Systems, Nokia Siemens, Jasmin Infotech, KPIT Technologies, KEF Infrastructure, Zoho Corp, Amazon, IBS Software Services, Dell International, Mphasis, Future Generali, Tara International, Odessa Technologies, Silicon House, Teknoturf, Deloitte, Galfar Engg., Oman, Magna Infotech, GETIT Infoservices, RDC Concrete, Ford Technology Services, AKS Software, Autoprint, Career Net Consulting and many more.
Read More: Karunya Deemed University Placement
Karunya University Faculty
Karunya University has a large and diverse faculty with 428 members in total, as of 2020. The faculty members include a considerable number of Ph.D holders from reputed national and international universities. The faculty members are highly qualified and accomplished, and hold great experience in their respective disciplines. The faculty at Karunya University consists of professors, assistant professors, associate professors, and others. All members are cooperative towards students and encourage interactive learning where they use innovative methods of teaching so that students can grasp concepts more effectively.
Karunya University Facilities
Being one of the leading technical and management institutes in the country, Karunya University offers its students several provisions and facilities on campus. Some of these are as follows:
- Hostel: Karunya University provides accommodation to male and female students in hostels separately. All necessary provisions are provided including mess facility, common room, recreational activities etc.
- Central Library: The central library at Karunya University is an entire building dedicated to providing research assistance and reading material to students. The library has digital as well as printed reading material that can be referred to by students and faculty members.
- Infrastructure: The university features Nationally Acclaimed Research Laboratories and Well-equipped Computer Laboratories with 24x7 WiFi connectivity.
- Sports: The university provides students with sports facilities for both indoor and outdoor sports such as Football Ground, Hockey field, Basketball concrete courts, Volleyball courts, Ball Badminton courts, Kabaddi courts, Badminton courts, Badminton, Table Tennis, Carom and an Archery Arena
- Scholarship: The university provides scholarships on the basis of merit and courses. To know more, click here
Karunya University FAQs
Ques. When will the entrance test of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences be held?
Ques. How many marks should a candidate score in higher secondary examination to get admission for B.Tech degree at Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences?
Ques. How can I reach the Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences campus?
Ques. What about Hostel accommodations?
Ques. Are scholarships available for the University Students?
Ans. Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences (Deemed to be University) is providing special scholarships to the students who take admission during 2021-22.
Scholarships for MTech worth 90000 INR and BTech courses worth 1,20,000 INR. Scholarships are also available for candidates who qualify in JEE (Main) annually.
Ques. What about Campus Placements at Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences?
Ques. Does Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences offer any part time course?