Updated On - July 29th 2019 by SURBHI
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai is a Christian Minority Institution established under section 3 of UGC Act 1956. It is a Deemed to be University accredited with Grade ‘A’ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Programs in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Dental, Arts, Commerce, and Science.
Check Sathyabama University Fees Structure
Sathyabama University Courses Eligibility
Sathyabama University Admissions to Undergraduate programs are offered to the students having passed 10+2 or equivalent with an aggregate score of 45% to 60%, depending upon the course. For some programs, the subject combination and age of the candidate will also be considered.
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology Postgraduate Admissions are available for the candidates having completed their graduation with an aggregate score of 45% to 60%, depending upon the course. For some programs, the subject combination and age of the candidate will also be taken into consideration.
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology Admissions to the Doctoral Programs are offered to the candidates having Master’s/ M.Phil degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
Note: Eligibility criteria for admissions will vary from course to course. Thus, the aspirants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria of the program they are seeking admission into.
Let’s take a look at the admission criteria for all the programs offered by Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology:
BE/ B.Tech (4 years)
10+2 from any State Board/ CBSE/ ICSE with at least 60% marks in aggregate with Mathematics/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry as the subjects
JEE Main/ National level Entrance Exam score conducted by the Institute
B.Arch (5 years)
10+2 from any State Board or CBSE with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with an aggregate score of 50% (with English as one of the language subjects)
NATA/ National level Entrance Exam score conducted by the Institute
BDS (5 years)
10+2 from any State Board/ CBSE/ ICSE with at least 50% marks in aggregate with Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as the subjects (with English as one of the language subjects)
NEET Entrance Exam score
All other Undergraduate Programs
10+2 in relevant stream with minimum required marks
National level Entrance Exam score conducted by Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
All other Postgraduate Programs
Graduation in relevant field with minimum required marks
Master’s/ M.Phil with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate
Scores obtained in Entrance Exam conducted by Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
Sathyabama University Placement
Sathyabama University Placements are offered to the candidate who registers themselves for the placement assistance by paying a stipulated fee. The placement cell organizes online placement training and career development programs in order to make sure that the maximum number of candidates are placed. Accenture, Asian paints, Birlasoft, Biocon and HCL are among the frequent recruiters.
Following graph shows the number of students placed in the last 5 years –
Sathyabama University Ranking/Awards
- According to the NIRF ranking of 2017, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology Ranked 44th among the Indian universities.
- Limca Book of Records has considered the record for the Longest Maze created by the students using recycled materials during Apologue 2013 - Zonal Nasa Convention hosted by the Department of Architecture, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, for the year 2014.
- National-level Award by Sharon Plywoods for the Best ‘Sustainable Office Design’ workshop was awarded to the Department of Architecture, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology in 2013.
- The Department of Architecture was also awarded the Certificate of Appreciation for hosting the NIASA Thesis Awards - 2011 conducted by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture.
- Pidilite Award for Excellence was awarded to the Department in the years 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2012.
- Professor Tony Memorial Award was awarded for the Excellence in Academic Designs, at the Zonal NASA Convention, 2006.
- Guinness World Record award was offered for the Longest Painting measured 2,235m (7332' 8") and was created by students from the Department of Architecture in Chennai, India on 11th January 2003.
- Birla White Yuvaratna has been awarded the Department of Architecture for sending the maximum number of entries at the National Level design competition.
Sathyabama University Scholarships
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology offers following scholarships to the meritorious candidates:
- Full waiver of tuition fees for the top 25 rank holder of the Entrance Examination conducted by Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology.
- Remibai Jeppiaar Scholarship for the top 3 rank holders in the Institute’s semester examinations.
Know More Sathyabama University Scholarships