Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University, TNPESU, is a state government university in India renowned for physical & health education programs. It was established by The Government of Tamil Nadu Act No. 9. The university offers a wide range of graduate, post graduate, PG diploma, Diploma & Certificate courses. It also facilitates Distance Education for its aspiring students and has a vision to give exposure to the students in different fields of sports and Physical Education. It has 4 Faculties, 11 Departments and 10 affiliated Colleges. Here is some of the basic information about the University:
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Yoga Education
- Department of Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics
- Department of Sports Management and Sports Psychology and Sociology
- Department of Advanced Sports Training and Technology
- Department of Statistics and Computer Application
Library: The University Central Library occupies an indispensable place in the Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University, which enhances Research & Development activities. It is the liveliest place in the campus, providing resources to enable learning and advancement of knowledge. The University Central Library has a rich source of information resources ranging from Text Books, Reference Books, Journals/Magazines, Theses/Dissertations, Journals Back Volumes, Reports, Standards, CD-ROMs, etc.
- At present this library holds nearly 2900 books which fulfill the day to day information requirements of Faculties, Research Scholars, and Students
- The Periodical section has 34 periodicals (22 National & International Journals & 12 National Magazines)
- The University Library is automated with a Library Automation Software.
- All the resources are available in the Library database and members can access the Library resources through computers