Vels Institute of Science, Technology and Advanced Studies (VISTAS), Chennai, popularly known as Vels University, offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in 14 different fields. It is ranked fifth among top engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu and 49th among South India’s Private Business School. NIRF has ranked its pharmacy program at 52nd position all over India.
Vels University Highlights
|Established in ||1992|
|Type||Private| Deemed University|
|Accreditations||NAAC ‘A’ Grade|
|Courses||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Vels Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Campus Area||30 acres|
|Official website||http://www.velsuniv.ac.in|Vels University Ranking
- Outlook Magazine has ranked the management category of Vels University at the 108th position.
- Times Engineering has ranked the University at 27th position in the engineering category.
- Business World Ranking has ranked at the 52nd position in the Management category.
Vels University Courses
The Vels University comprises a total of 18 schools offering courses in multiple disciplines. The details pertaining to the courses offered under these disciplines are as follows:
|School of Engineering||B.E., B. Tech||M.E.||PGDM|
|School of Maritime Studies||B.Sc., B.E.||DME||--|
|School of Management Studies & Commerce||B.A., B.B.A., B.Com||M.B.A.||--|
|School of Pharmaceutical Sciences||B.Pharm||M.Pharm||--|
|School of Life Sciences||B.Sc.||M.Sc.||--|
|School of Mass Communication||B.Sc||M.Sc.||Diploma in Designing, Animation, Visual Communication|
|Computer sciences||B.Sc., B.C.A.||M.Sc., M.C.A.||--|
|Hotel management||B.Sc.||M.Sc.||Diploma in Hotel Management and PG Diploma in Culinary|
|Basic Sciences||B.Sc.||M.Sc.||Green Chemistry|
|Law||B.A, LL.B, Hons||LL.B||--|
|Ocean engineering||B.Tech||M.Tech||Diploma in Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering and Diploma in Petroleum Engineering|
|Education||B.Sc., B.Ed; B.Ed||--|
|School of Music & Fine Arts||B.A.||M.A.||Diploma in Music & Dance|
|Department of Aviation||B.Sc.||--|
|Department of Vedic Astrology||B.A.||M.A.||Diploma in Astrology|
Note: Vels University also offers M.Phil and Ph.D. programs.
Read More Vels University Fees Structure
Vels University Admission
Vels University offers admission through online registration mode. Given below is the procedure for application in bulleted form.
- Fill out the application form with accurate information.
- Please ensure that you use the correct email address and contact no. This also allows us to contact you via email with important updates, wherever necessary.
- Once your application form is duly filled, your account is automatically created. Your email ID will be your username.
- You can log in to your account as many times as needed to continue or modify your application within 30 days.
- Payment to be made toward the application fee can be made using the credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- Your application will be processed once we have received your application fee.
- If you want to apply for more than 1 course, then pls fill up the application form a second time and follow the same steps as above.
- If you have questions about the application process, please call 0 7305 111 222.
- For any other queries please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read More Vels University Admission
Vels University Placements
The university has a Center for Career Development (CCD) which works to facilitate the training activities of the students and make sure that they get placed in the best companies. Some of the elite companies such as TCS, IBM, HCL, Microsoft, Revature, Fomra, Thermal Engineering, Indus Automation, LifeCell, Tablets LTD, Amazon, ZOHO Corp, Flextronics and many more were recruiters students from past over the years.
|Courses||Avg. Salary (in INR)|
|Arts & Science||3.20 LPA|
|Life Science & Pharmacy||3.20 LPA|
Read More Vels University Placement
Vels University Scholarships
For a minimum aggregate score of 60% and above in the qualifying degree and a pass in VELS Entrance Examination (VEE) 10% scholarship in the Tuition fee for the 1 year only.
Rank Holders in Competitive Examinations
|S.No||Percentile CAT / MAT||Waiver in Tuition Fee (For 1 Semester only)|
|1.||More than 98%||50% of Tuition Fees|
|2.||96% - 97%||30% of Tuition Fees|
|3.||90% - 95%||20% of Tuition Fees|
- Law Courses: For BA.LLB courses: Qualifying in VEE - 10% scholarship in the Tuition fee for the 1 year (2 semester alone) only Alumnus: For our UG Student 10% scholarship for PG courses every year.
- Sports Quota: For All Programmes: 100% Tuition fee Concession and free Hostel accommodation.
- Our Vels School Students: 25% scholarship for all UG Courses for the 1 year (2 Semesters alone).
- Only Merit Scholarships for First Rank Holder: First rank in each program in end-semester examinations shall be awarded merit scholarships. Final semester excluded
- 1st rank - 25% tuition fees in that semester, No cash will be paid and it will be adjusted in Tuition fees
Read More Vels University Scholarship
Vels University Facilities
A striking feature of this University is well-planned and comprehensive, the infrastructure provided to the students and faculty. They are:-
- Spacious Lecture Halls
- Well equipped state-of-the-art Laboratories
- Air-Conditioned Computer Training Centre
- Modern Conference Halls
- Well-equipped Digital Library
- Audio / Visual Communication Aids
- Fully Air-conditioned Auditorium
Sports: Excellent facilities are offered for all the indoor and outdoor games. The students get excellent training by a qualified Physical Director and his team of assistants. The students are encouraged to participate in various intercollegiate competitions to exhibit their talents and win medals and trophies. Vel's Sports Academy functions to promote sports and games.
Library: VISTAS Library building spans over an area of 20000 sq.ft. it has a seating capacity of 500 persons and follows an Open Access System blended with State-of-the-art facilities. The Library houses a collection of 121534 Books, 147525 e-Books, 12660 Back Volumes, 4539 Dissertations, and 5254 Audio Visual Resources.
Vels University FAQs
Ques. How is the placement for B.Tech students at Vels University?
Ans. There is scope for placement in Veltech but you need to work hard to achieve it. People will always say that University is bad etc etc. but at the end what matters the most is Placement and good career opportunities.
Ques. How is Vels University for student's life?
Ans. It is pretty normal compared to other universities. I can say dat its not that hardcore and all. You can enjoy your college life here . STRESS-FREE! It is like a simple, normal any other University.
Ques. How admission is offered in Vels University?
Ans. Vels University conducts admission through its own entrance exam called Vels Entrance Exam.