Tripura University, established in 1987 was the first University to offer higher education in the North East region of India. It is the first university in the northeastern area offering Higher education. The University has been ranked 88th in NIRF rankings of 2016 and 4th in Eastern India. There are 54 colleges which are affiliated by Tripura University.
Tripura University Highlights
|Accreditations||‘B’ grade NAAC|
|Entrance Test||TUET, Tripura University-DUEAT|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
What is Tripura University DUEAT?
Tripura University DUEAT is an entrance exam conducted to admit students for the distance education program. Its full form is Distance Education Admission Eligibility Test.
Tripura University Courses
Tripura University offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various departments. The departments under Tripura University are:
Note: Respective UG and PG programs are available for all theses department subjects.
Also, Check Tripura University Courses and Fees Structure
Tripura University Admissions
Applicants should apply online only for admission to the Tripura University academic session
- Applicants may download the prospectus from the website. However, printed Prospectus shall be sent to the permanent address after the payment verification. However, the University will not be responsible for postal delay. In order to apply online, applicants have to register themselves first. They may apply for more than one program (but not more than three) through a single registration.
- Applicants are requested to be careful while providing the e-mail id and mobile no.
- The Application Fees will be as follows (for each program) –
- Requisite Fee For UR– Rs. 780.00/ (Rupees Seven hundred and eighty Only).
- Requisite Fee For SC/ST/OBC/PWD– Rs. 580.00/ (Rupees Five hundred and eighty Only).
- Tripura University reserves the right to change the Admission Test schedule at any time.
Read MoreTripura University Admissions
Tripura University Distance Education
Directorate of Distance Education was established in 1996 to impart higher education through distance mode with a multimedia approach. Tripura University Distance Education is approved by UGC and Distance Education Council, New Delhi. Basically, 8 courses are offered in distance mode:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Education
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Master of Arts in Bengali
- DCA (Diploma in Computer Applications)
What is the pattern for DUEAT?
DEAET shall be of 100 marks for each Program. There shall be 50 questions each carrying 2 marks. Questions shall be the Usual Multiple Choice Question. Duration of the test shall be 2 hours
Tripura University Entrance Test (TUET)
Tripura University Admissions are based on candidates' performance in TUET (Tripura University Entrance Test).
- For admission to Ph.D. program candidates need to appear for Research Eligibility Test (RET).
- Tripura University Entrance Exam is a necessary step for admission to programs in streams like Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering, Arts (Fine/ Visual/Performing), Business & Management Studies, IT & Software, and Law.
- It is a 2-hour test consisting of 50 questions of 2 marks each. The questions will be Multiple Choice types. The exam is divided into 2 sections namely Analytical and Derivative.
When Tripura University conducts TUET?
Tripura University conducts TUET Exam in the month of April-May for admission to its various courses.
Tripura University Facilities
The facilities and services that University renders to the students, faculty and staff members make it stand among the world-class institutes. The top class amenities provided to the students makes the stay in TU a memorable experience. The Octagon - Computer Center, Computer Support Group
- Training and Placement
- Hostels and Mess
- Central Workshop
- Shopping Center
- Physical Education / Sports Center
- Swimming Pool
- Campus Communication Services
- Estate Maintenance
- Lecture Hall Complex
- First-year coordinator office
- Guest House