Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) evolved in 1920 out of Mohammedan Anglo-Oriental College (MAO College) which was set up in 1877 by the great visionary and social reformer, Sir Syed Ahmad khan. The university has opened two new centres of study outside Aligarh w.e.f. 2011 at Murshidabad, West Bengal and Mallapurum at Kerala state. At present teaching facility of MBA and Integrated Law course is available in these two centres.
NIRF2019: 40 among Indian Universities.
Media Rankings: 49 by India Today
|Accreditations||Grade A by NAAC|
|Courses||UG, PG and Ph.D|
Aligarh Muslim University Courses
AMU runs the variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses. It has 12 faculties viz. Agricultural Sciences, Arts, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Law, Life Sciences, Medicine, Management Studies & Research, Science, Social Sciences, Theology, Unani Medicine, each comprising of several Departments of Studies.
|MBA||Bachelor's degree in any stream with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.|
|B.Ed||Bachelor's Degree in BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ B.Th with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or Master’s Degree in Science/Social Sciences/Humanities with 55% marks or B.Tech with 55% marks.|
|Diploma||10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized board |
|LLM||Bachelor Degree in LLB or BA LLB with a minimum of 50% marks|
|MA||Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 55% marks|
|MBBS||12th examination as Science and Mathematics as mandatory subjects with minimum 60% marks aggregate from a recognized board|
|MCA||BE/B.Tech with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized board|
|M.Ch||MS from a recognized institution from India|
|M.Com||Bachelor's Degree in B.Com (Hons) with minimum 55% aggregate from a recognized university|
|MD||MBBS from a recognized Medical College and a One-year rotary internship|
|MFA||BFA in Fine Arts with a minimum of 55% marks|
|MFC||Bachelor's degree in Arts / Science/ Commerce Social Science with minimum 50% marks|
|M.Lib.I.Sc||B.Lib.I.Sc with minimum 50% marks|
|M.P.Ed||B.P.Ed/ BA(Hons.) or BSc(Hons.) in Health & Physical Education with a minimum of 55% marks|
|M.Sc||B.Sc from a relevant stream with minimum 55% marks|
|MSW||Bachelor's degree in any stream with minimum 50% aggregate from a recognized university|
|M.Tech||BE/B.Tech in any stream with 60% marks from a recognized university|
|MTM||Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university|
|B.Tech||12th grade with a minimum aggregate of 60% in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.|
|B.Sc||passed 12th grade in a relevant discipline with a minimum aggregate of 50%|
|LL.B||Must have passed 12th grade from a recognized board.|
|B.A.||12th grade in a relevant discipline with a minimum aggregate of 50%|
Also, Check AMU Courses and Fee Structure
Aligarh Muslim University Admission
The application process is done through online mode. Interested and eligible candidates are required to submit their applications on the official website of AMU.
- AMUEEE for B.Tech Admissions
- GATE Score for admission in M.Tech Programs
- NEET Score for MBBS Program
- NATA for B.Arch Programs
- B.A. and B. Sc programs are based on 12th based marks.
- Admissions under the foreign national category and non-residing Indians category are done on the basis of past academic records.
- Candidates can also submit the application form at the official address of the university along with the required documents and Demand Draft of prescribed fees.
Note: Selection is done on the basis of Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam which is conducted by the university itself.
Also Read AMU Distance Education Program
Aligarh Muslim University Schools and Colleges
AMU is holding the hands of many schools and colleges. Once you glance through the list, you will grasp the power of the shadow of the Aligarh Muslim University.
- Senior Secondary School (Boys/Girls)
- S. T. High School (Minto Circle)
- Women's College
- Ahmadi School for Blind
- City High School
- University Schools
- Abdullah Girls High School
Inter-departmental research centers
- Centre for West Asian Studies
- Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit
- Centre for Comparative Study of Indian Languages & Culture
- Centre of Excellence in Material Science/Nanotechnology (Soon to be established)
Aligarh Muslim University Placement
The University provides a placement cell that looks after the student’s career. Therefore, students are having a very bright future once they get here. The University stands tall in this regard. It invited speakers from the corporate world like Wipro, Genpact, ICICI Bank, NIIT, etc for the Guidance and Motivation of the students.
AMU Placement Companies
Aligarh Muslim University Scholarships
- Sultan Jahan Begum Scholarship (Oman, open to all-around 40 scholarships)
- Dr. E. R. Ansari Scholarship (Abu Dhabi, open to all-around 10 scholarships)
- AMU Alumni Association, Australia ( open to all-around 38 scholarships)
- AMU Alumni Association, California ( open to all-around 200 scholarships)
- The Aligarh Alumni Association, Washington DC ( open to all-around 248 scholarships)
- MSUS Scholarship ( two scholarship, specific for MJMC students)
Aligarh Muslim University Facilities
- It is known as the Maulana Azad Library
- It is the second biggest University Library of Asia
- It has a whopping collection of over 11.5 lakh books and documents
Again history knocks: Lord Lytton, the then Viceroy of India laid the foundation stone of the
The Library was initially known as Lytton Library
There are periodicals, about 10,000 from the category in Persian, Hindi, Urdu, and Arabic
There are books on different subjects in Science & Technology
The library has a well-equipped Computer Lab
The library has a great number of books in English
An extraordinary feature of the University is its inhabited nature
Both the students and staffs reside together on the campus itself
AMU is really an agent of the country's multiracial, multilingual and multi-religious characteristic
Hindus Muslims, Sikhs, and Christians are studying and staying together
There are 16 halls
There are 69 hostels.
19 main clubs comprise of the University Games Committee
There are 7 sub-clubs also
The country has got the best sportsmen from this University
The University provides for separate grounds for cricket, football, hockey, athletics, and tennis. Game and sports are very important for the students to keep themselves fit and fit as a fiddle
The indoor games are also being played. Indoor games like chess, carom, billiards, badminton and table tennis are there for the boys and girls to play. It is suitably separate for the boys and the girls
It is very well equipped and thus provides with very fast internet system. The computers are updated every now and then. A student can use it for their benefit and thus derive immense help from the Centre.