Galgotias University (GU), Greater Noida ranked 2nd in Uttar Pradesh and 3rd in India by GHRDC Business School Survey 2019. It is also ranked among Top 10 Private University by Times B-School Ranking 2019. The University offers 62 UG, 44 PG, 25 Doctoral, 1 Certificate, 15 Diploma, and 5 Integrated courses. The university has a total of 15 schools on its campus for each specialization.
Check here: Galgotias University Schools
Galgotias University Highlights
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, Doctorate and Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Approved by||UGC, AICTE, BCI, NCTE, INC, PCI & COA|
|Type of University||Private|
|Governing Body||Smt. Shakuntala Educational and Welfare Society|
|Campus area (acres)||52|
|Library||1160 m² carpet area|
Galgotias University Rankings and Awards
The following are the awards received by the University for their outstanding performances in academics, research, and placement process.
- Awarded “Times Business Awards 2019” for excellence in Placement and Academics
- Ranked amongst Top 20 Universities by Business World in 2019
- Ranked amongst Top 200 Universities of India in NIRF 2019 Rankings
- BRWA* Grading (Uttar Pradesh) at the State Level in education
- Rated 5 stars by QS rating in Teaching & Facilities
- Among Top 3 Engineering B-Schools of India by The Times of India 2017
Galgotias University Courses
Given below is the detailed information for the courses offered at the University:
|Course Type||Course Name||Eligibility|
|Undergraduate||B.Sc (Hons) ||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks with Science stream |
|B.Tech ||Intermediate graduate with 60% marks in PCM OR Up to 5 lakh rank in JEE Mains |
|B.Com (Hons) ||Intermediate graduate with 60% marks in best four subjects |
|BA LL.B. (Hons)||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks OR 45% marks in aggregate with CLAT/ LSAT score|
|B.A.(Hons) ||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks in best four subjects |
|BJMC ||Intermediate graduation with 50% marks in aggregate |
|Postgraduate||M.Tech ||B.E/B.Tech with 60% marks |
|M.Sc||Graduation with 50% in aggregate |
|M.Com||B.Com (Hons)/ B.Com with 50% marks|
|MCA||BCA with minimum 50% marks |
|M.Ed||50% marks in B.Ed./B.A. B.Ed./ B.Sc. B.Ed./B.Com|
|MBA ||Minimum 60% marks in graduation (OR) 50% marks in graduation with 50% marks in CAT/GMAT/NMAT |
|LL.M.||50% marks in LL.B. (OR) Qualified Law School Admission Test (India) (OR) All India Entrance Test at University level|
|MJMC ||Graduation with 50% marks in aggregate |
|Doctoral||Ph.D.||Master’s degree from recognized University with 55% marks or 6 CGPA |
|Diploma||Mechanical Engineering/ Food Technology/ Automobile Engineering/ Business Administration||10th with minimum 40% marks (OR) Intermediate Graduate with 50% marks |
|Certificate||Tourism Studies||10th with minimum 45% marks|
Know more: Galgotias University Courses
Galgotias University Admissions
The admission process is purely based on merit for all of its courses. The candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying. They can apply through both online as well as offline mode. Given below are the steps for registration:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university i.e. https://www.galgotiasuniversity.edu.in.
Step 2: Click on ‘Apply Online’ tab available on the home page and fill the online application form.
Step 3: After filling the form correctly, click on ‘Submit’ icon. You will be routed to the ‘Axis Bank payment gateway’.
Step 4: Pay an application fee of INR 1100 using your credit card/ debit card.
Step 5: On a successful application, the system will generate a unique ID for the candidate applying. You will be sent an Email/ SMS for confirmation of registration.
Mode 2: Offline
Candidate can walk-in to the admission office of the University at Plot No.2, Sector 17-A, Yamuna Expressway, Greater Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh. They can pay the registration fees in cash or DD in favor of ‘Galgotias University’ after filling the form. The candidate will be provided with an enquiry number at the time of registration. The merit list of all the registered students who have minimum eligibility will be released by the University.
The University provides admission on the basis of merit scored in the qualifying examination and entrance test conducted at the university level. Following are the exams conducted for all the courses:
- For B.Tech, the university conducts Galgotias Engineering Entrance Exam (GEEE). The entrance exam is held in the month of June, followed by the declaration of result in the same month. Students are also admitted on the basis of score in JEE Mains and UPSEE.
- For B.Arch, it accepts the score of NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture. They must score at least 80 marks out of 200.
- For admission in MBA, the students must have a valid score in CAT/ MAT/ XAT.
- For LL.M, the admission is based on the candidate’s performance in the All India Entrance Test conducted by the University.
For other courses, the university offers admission on the basis of merit scored in qualifying exam. The admission is granted once all the documents have been verified.
Click here: Galgotias University Admission
Galgotias University Scholarships
The University offers scholarships to meritorious students and students possessing exemplary skills in sports, performing arts or literature. Following is the detailed information on the scholarships provided by the University:
The criteria for scholarship is based on academic performance in qualifying examinations through the following:
- 10+2 or Graduation
- Rank/Score in All India/State Level Entrance/ Aptitude Test
- Candidates possessing exemplary skills in sports, performing arts or literary skills.
Amount of Scholarship-
- 100% tuition fee waivers to the toppers (1st Rank Holder) of all the Board/University
- 50% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing up to 4000th rank in the IIT/JEE Examination
- 50% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing up to 100th rank in the AIEEE Examination
- 50% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing up to 100th rank in the UPSEE Examination
- 25% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing 93% aggregate/PCM and above in class 12 or 80% marks in graduation
- 20% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing up to 5000th rank in AIEEE Examination or students scoring at least 70% tile in CAT or above 700 marks in MAT
- 50% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students having secured gold medal or silver medal at the national level/state level in sports or have some exemplary achievements to their credit in the area of performing arts
Note: These scholarships will be awarded every year from the second year onwards after the declaration of the results for a period of one year.
Galgotias University Placements
The placement record of Galgotias has always been record-breaking with its focus on upholding the highest academic scores. The School of Lifelong Learning at Galgotias University grooms students to effortlessly face the challenges of the corporate world and also to become a better human being once they pass out from the campus. Students are trained to work as a team, think on their feet, improve presentation and communication skills and build a positive attitude.
Placement Highlights 2018
|Number of Jobs Offers||460+|
|Number of Companies Participated||400|
|Highest Package ||INR 15 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 2 LPA|
|Recruited B.Tech students||90%|
|Multiple Job offers||34%|
|Recruited MBA students||92%|
The University has been maintaining great placement records from the last 5 years. It has placed more than 1000 students continuously in 2015 and 2016; 780 students in the year 2012; 640 students in the year 2011; 540 students in 2010 and so on. Some of the associated recruiters with the University include Aditya Birla Group, Airtel, Citibank, HCL, Infosys, HDFC Bank, Indiabulls, Shriram Group, IBM, NIIT, Vodafone, BMW, etc.
Read more: Galgotias University Placement
Galgotias University Facilities
The University is renowned for its modernized campus, strategic learning and global conduct. With modern facilities, the learning environment is designed in a way, which promises to turn students into Global Corporate Personalities. Following are some of the facilities provided for the students by the university:
- Library: It is well equipped with a large number of books, print journals, national and international Journals and CDs/DVDs on various fields of engineering, management, medical and allied sciences, humanities, social sciences, and related areas. It has a collection of 63236 books, 730 National Journals, 485 International Journals, 4513 e-books, and 3122 CDs and DVDs.
- Hostel Facilities: The campus hostels are surrounded by lush green lawns and playing fields. With complete power backup, the university provides indoor games facilities for games like TT, carom, chess. Students enjoy a homely and comfortable stay with a sense of camaraderie and fraternity. The accommodation has a good attached cafeteria service and high-speed internet access. Those who do not avail of the university hostel may live in nearby apartments/houses.
- Medical Facilities: A well equipped medical room on campus is run by a qualified doctor and nurses. The university ambulance van is available for use in case of medical emergencies.
About Galgotias University
Galgotias University was established in 2011 by the Smt. Shakuntala Educational & Welfare Society. It is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Delhi and UGC. Galgotias University campus is set in 52 acres of rolling greens at a prime location on the Yamuna Expressway. Galgotias University has collaborations with International Universities like Purdue University, Goethe University, Kent State University and many more.
Galgotias University Faculty
Given below are the details for the faculty members at the university:
Dr. Raju Shanmugam
- Qualifications: B.Sc, M.Sc, MCA, M.E., Ph.D.
- Achievements: Signed MoU between the School of Computing Science and Engineering and M/s Oracle India Private Ltd.; Amity Global Business School
Dr. Ajay Shanker Singh
- Qualifications: B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D., PDF
- Contributions: Published more than 30 research papers and 2 book chapters
Dr. Avadhesh Kumar
- Qualifications: B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D.
- Awards: Reviewer of International journals like IJSEKE, CSSE, and IEEE conferences.
Dr. Raju Ranjan
- Qualifications: Masters in Physics, M.Tech and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Reviewer of several journal and conference papers, Lifetime member of Indian Society of Technical Education
Dr. Anamika Pandey
- Qualifications: B.Sc, M.HRDM, D.Phil
- Contributions: Worked as a research assistant, research associate and published more than 5 research papers.
Click here: Galgotias University Faculty
Galgotias University FAQs
Ques. How is the life of a student at Galgotias University?
Ans. With the guidance of excellent teachers, one can have a great academic as well as social life at the University. With stringent attendance rules, good library resources, food court, affordable fees, one will surely enjoy it.
Ques. Is there any kind of management or NRI quota?
Ans. No, admissions will be given only on the merit of the candidates and the eligibility criteria. However, the university provides a number of scholarships to meritorious and deserving students.
Ques. Which is better Maharishi Markandeshwar or Galgotias University for pursuing B.Tech?
Ans. Galogotias University is a better option as compared to Maharishi Markandeshwar. Galgotia is in NCR which provides the students with exposure for reliabilities. A student can actively participate in technical and cultural activities. Maharishi University is a new university and lacks in all these aspects.