Sharda University (SU) is a State Private University located in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The university offers a total of 248 courses in Graduation, Postgraduation, Doctoral, Diploma, Integrated, and Short-term program degrees/ certificates.
- Popular courses at SU are B.Sc, B.Tech, and B.E.
- It has a 100% placement rate in MBA and a 91% placement rate in B.Tech.
- Till date, the highest package offered to UG students is 10 LPA and to PG students is 6.28 LPA.
- The top-notch recruiters of the university are Cognizant, Alstom, Amazon, AON Hewitt, Aricent, Atos, Johnson Controls, Mahindra, Wipro, iGATE, naukri.com, etc.
- The campus is spread over 63 acres and has more than 20,000 students coming from 80+ countries and 29 States.
Sharda University Highlights
Following are some small but important details of Sharda University:
|Established | University type||2009 | Private|
|Approval/ Recognition||UGC, State Government, MCI, DCI, NCTE, |
|Test scores accepted||JEE, UPSEE, SUAT, NATA, GATE, NET, MAT, XAT, CLAT, CAT, and NEET|
|Application mode | Fee||Online and Offline | INR 1,000|
|MBA fees||INR 2,60,000|
|Owner||Mr. P.K. Gupta|
|Facilities||Pharmacy, Departmental store, Hospital, Transport, Libary, Gym, Laundry, etc.|
|Entrance exam ||SUAT|
|Official website||https://www.sharda.ac.in/ +91-120-45700|
Sharda University Ranking
Sharda University is awarded various ranks/awards amongst the Best private institutes of India by ranking bodies such as National education and National Leaderships. Following is a glimpse of the same:
|Rank/ Award (2017)||Ranking Body|
|Among Asia's Greatest Brands||URS Media Consulting & Reviewed by PricewaterhouseCoopers|
|Awarded Best Private University||National Education Awards|
|Awarded Best Art, Design, Media Studies School||National Education Awards|
|Awarded Best Private Global University of the Year||National Education Excellence Awards|
|Awarded Best Innovative Engineering School in North||Innovative Education Awards|
|Awarded Best Business School in North||Education Leadership Awards|
|Awarded Best Dental School in North||Education Leadership Awards|
|Awarded Best Law School in Delhi-NCR||National Education Excellence Awards|
Sharda University Courses
Sharda University offers 88 Undergraduate, 118 Postgraduate, 27 Doctoral, 3 Diploma, 10 Integrated, and 2 Short-term programs to its applicants. Below are details of some major courses offered at the university:
|B.Tech.||JEE All India Rank up to 3 Lakh OR UPSEE All India Rank up to 50,000 OR SUAT Entrance Test followed by Personal Interview|
|B.Arch.||NATA Entrance Exam Score|
|All other Undergraduate Programs||Merit-Based|
|M.Tech.||GATE/ NET Entrance Exam Score|
|MBA||SUAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CAT Entrance Exam Score followed by GD & PI|
|MDS||NEET Qualified and Allotted through UPDGME|
|All other Postgraduate Programs||Merit-Based|
|Ph.D.||University Entrance Exam Score OR UGC/ CSIR (JRF), NET/ GATE qualified followed by Personal Interview|
Read More: Sharda University Fees Structure
Sharda University Admissions
Admissions at Sharda University are based on marks obtained by the applicant in the qualifying exam. Sharda conducts its own Entrance Exam called SUAT for the selection of students in all courses but if applicants have a valid entrance exam scorecard, they are exempted from SUAT.
Course-wise exam scores required are as follows:
- For B.Tech- JEE Main or UPSEE
- For B.Arch- NATA
- For MBBS and BDS- NEET
- For LLB, Integrated LLB, and LLM- LSAT/ CLAT
- For MBA- CAT/ MAT
- For M.Tech- GATE/ UPSEE
- For Ph.D.- CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE
How to apply?
Applicants may apply online as well as offline.
- Applying students must register themselves at Sharda University.
- If eligible, they must proceed by paying the application fee and fill the application form.
- Give the entrance test.
- If qualified, appear for the PI session.
- Successful PI and Group Discussion will lead to provisional admission given by the University to the applicant till the admission fee is paid and all formalities are completed.
- Once, all the procedures are done, applicants are registered with the university and become part of it.
Read More: Sharda University Admissions
Sharda University Placements
Sharda University Placements are offered to all the candidates through its dedicated Placement Portal which has been specially designed to meet up the requirements of the recruiters and the students. Till date, Sharda Group has successfully placed more than 37,500 students in various National and Multinational companies and is continuously working to bring the best placement opportunities for the students. Sharda University offers a range of Seminars, Guest Lectures, Conferences, Corporate Meets, Personality Development & Communication Skills Programs, and Counselling Sessions to make the candidate's placement ready.
Sharda University Placement Highlights 2018-19:
Read More: Sharda University Placements
- Harvard Business School, USA
- King’s University College, University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Curtin University Of Technology, Australia
- Royal Melbourne Institute Of Technology (RMIT), Australia
- Hochschule Bremerhaven - University Of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Gannan Medical University, China
- Ural Federal University, Russia
- National Polytechnic Institute Of Mexico, Mexico
- American College Of Greece, Greece
- Solbridge Business School, Woosong University, South Korea
- ADA University, Azerbaijan
- CARDIFF METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY, UK
- Sejong University, South Korea
- University Of The West Of England, England
- Missouri State University, USA
- Sacred Heart University, USA
Note: If a candidate has appeared for any other State/ National Level entrance exam, he can directly apply for admissions to Sharda University Courses and therefore need not appear for the entrance exams conducted by the University.
Sharda University Scholarship
Sharda University Scholarships are offered to the candidates on the basis of their Academic Merit, Entrance Test Scores, College of Study and Sports Achievements. The provisions are made to provide scholarships to the wards of Defence personnel and to the siblings of current students of the Sharda University.
Read More: Sharda University Scholarships
Sharda University Hostel
Sharda University facilitates students with hostel accommodations. There are a total of 10 hostel accommodations of the university built 5 for male students and another 5 for female students. The hostels are fully furnished with all the required facilities like:
- Hygenic food, medical treatment in cases of emergency, elevators (only for multi-story hostels), internet, 24/7 power supply, etc.
- Rooms of hostel range from Single, Double, and Triple sharing to with/ without attached bathroom, and with/ without AC. Fee charged towards students is as per the preferences made for hostel rooms at the time of admission.
Sharda University Hostels:
|For Girls ||For Boys|
Read More: Sharda University Hostel Fee
Sharda University Faculty
The faculty of Sharda University is holding doctoral degrees and a good no. of experience in their relevant field. The members have published several research works, won awards, holds certifications and recognition in various projects. Here are the details of some core faculty members of the university:
- Dr. Parma Nand
- Designation: Dean, School of Engineering and Technology
- Experience: 24 years
- Qualification: Ph.D. (IIT Roorkee), M.Tech & B. Tech (IIT Delhi)
- Dr. Swati Sharma
- Designation: HOD
- Specialization: Public Health Dentistry Department
- Experience: 10 years
- Qualification: MDS, Public Health Dentistry, MBA (Hospital Management)
- Dr. Prem S. Vashishtha
- Designation: Professor
- Specialization: Economics and International Business
- Experience: 50+ years
- Qualification: M.A and Ph.D.
- Prof. Chitra Chidambaram
- Designation: Professor
- Specialization: Architecture and Planning
- Experience: 28 years
- Qualification: Master in Infrastructure Planning
- Khumanthem Linda Devi
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Specialization: Health Nursing
- Experience: 12 years
- Qualification: B.Sc and M.Sc in Nursing
- Dr. Mohit Sahni
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Specialization: Physics
- Experience: 12+ years
- Qualification: B.Sc, M.Sc (Physics), and Ph.D. (Physics)
- Dr. Ritu Gautam
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Specialization: Law
- Experience: 4+ years
- Qualification: Ph.D. (Cyber Law), LL.M, B.Com, PGDBA, PGCCL
- Dr. Kuldeep Dhanker
- Designation: Lecturer
- Specialization: Public Health Dentistry
- Experience: 5.6 years
- Qualification: Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
Sharda University Schools
Sharda University has 13 schools exploring knowledge for students in the fields of Arts, Engineering, Law, Business, Education, etc. The schools are as follows:
|Engineering and Technology||Business Studies|
|Architecture & Planning||Creative Arts Design & Media Studies|
|Law||Humanities & Social Sciences|
|Dental Sciences||Allied Health Sciences|
|Medical Sciences & Research||Basic Sciences & Research |
|Nursing Sciences & Research||Pharmacy|
Sharda University FAQs
Ques. How are short-term courses at Sharda University?
Ans. Sharda University offers two short-term courses for English Language. The courses are:
- Advance Certificate of Proficiency (English) | INR 60,000 (National) & $ 2,700 (International)
- Basic Foundation (English) | INR 30,000 (National)
Both the courses are of one-year duration and focus on the linguistics and communicative structure of the English Language. Students from a Non-English background will be assisted in their basic skills of speaking, writing, listening and reading English.
The courses are good from the job perspective. Students with short-term course certificate may apply in:
- Advance Certificate of Proficiency (English): Tourism, Embassies, Diplomatic Service, Public Relations, International Organisations, Air Hostess or Flight Steward, Hotel Management.
- Basic Foundation (English): Industry Researcher, Learning Consultant, Academic Publisher, International Translator, Professor.
Eligibility: Applicants with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 can apply for the course.
Ques. Is Sharda University Expensive?
Ans. Sharda University is a bit expensive in terms of fees paid by the students. The fee is reasonable as it provides a good quality in academics and facilities provided by the university is worth paying.
- The college organizes events where students meet the popular faces of the entertainment industry.
- Academic facilities: Computer Labs, Seminar rooms, health care facilities, E-learning rooms, recording studios, Moot Court, Student Activity Center, Libraries, Laboratories, Workshops, etc.
- Campus facilities: Restaurant, Grocery store, Surveillance & Campus entrance system, 24/7 wifi, Cafeterias, Transport, In Campus call center, Hostel, Laundry, Community Radio, Emergency Ambulance.
Ques. Is it easy to get admission at Sharda University?
Ans. No, admission to Sharda University is really tough. Exam scores accepted at the university is tough to qualify but if you are an eligible student with all the required documents and test scores you will get direct admission into the university.