Shiv Nadar University (SNU) is the youngest institution ranking among the top 100 ‘Overall’ list in NIRF Rankings consecutively for 3 years. In NIRF 2019 Ranking, SNU ranked 52nd in the ‘University’ category. The university offers a wide range of programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. level. It offers high-quality education degree, diploma and certification programs in humanities, management, science, research, and education. Shiv Nadar University Admission is based on national level entrance scores such as JEE Main, GATE. The university is well known for courses in humanities, management, science, law, research, and education.
Shiv Nadar University Highlights
|Established | Type||2011 | Private University|
|Approved by||AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) & UGC (University Grants Commission)|
|Campus Area||286 acres|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Total Students||2177 (UG: 1828 | PG: 180 | Ph.D.: 169)|
|Application mode||Online mode|
Shiv Nadar University Courses
There are various courses at the undergraduate level i.e. B.Tech, B.A, B.Sc., BMS and M.A, M.Sc., M.Tech, MBA, I-Global MBA, MFA, Ph.D. and diploma courses at postgraduate level. Tabulated below are the courses offered at the university:
|B.Tech||Chemical Engineering||Intermediate graduate with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|B.Sc||Chemistry||Intermediate graduate with English and Mathematics as mandatory subjects|
|B.A. (Research)||Sociology||Intermediate graduate with English from a recognized board|
|M.Tech||Mechanical Engineering||Graduate in B.E/ B.Tech in relevant discipline with 60% marks|
|MBA||-||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks|
|M.Sc||Mathematics||Graduate in B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Tech in relevant discipline with 50% marks|
Check: Shiv Nadar University Fees
Shiv Nadar University Admission
Candidates having valid JEE Main score or scored minimum 50% marks in class 12 can apply for an undergraduate program. The selection is done on the basis of the entrance test score which is conducted by the university. Shiv Nadar University conducts SNUSAT (Shiv Nadar University Scholastic Aptitude Test) and APT (Academic Proficiency Test) exam for admission to UG courses. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in SNUSAT and APT are considered for admission. The final selection is based on the overall performance of the candidate.
For admission in PG Courses, students who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the university. Final candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in CAT/ GMAT/ XAT/ NMAT by GMAC exams. Apart from this, the university also conducts SMAT which is followed by an interview.
Admission to a Ph.D. program at Shiv Nadar University is three stages a three-stage process i.e. Basic Eligibility, Teaching and Research credentials, Personal interview. The selection is done on the basis of GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, NMAT by GMAC, GATE, GRE score. Listing candidates on the basis of their marks will be called for a final round of selection i.e. personal interview round. Qualified students in the interview round will go for the document verification process.
Read more: Shiv Nadar University Admission
Shiv Nadar University Entrance Exam
Following are the entrance exams accepted by the university for admission in the programs:
- JEE Main: JEE Main (Joint Entrance Test) is a national level online test conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) for admission to B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch courses. The minimum Eligibility for JEE Main is class 12 with at least 50% marks. JEE Main Application Form can be filled in online or offline mode.
- GATE: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level online test (Computer Based Test). It is conducted for admission to M.Tech/ Ph.D. and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in the field of engineering and technology. The exam is conducted annually by IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs on a rotational basis. As per GATE Eligibility, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree to apply for the exam.
- CAT: Common Admission Test is a national level online test which is conducted for admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. As per eligibility of CAT, applicants should have a graduation degree with 50% marks.
Shiv Nadar University Placement
The university has a dedicated placement and training cell that works closely with the reputed companies by providing them with highly skilled industry-ready graduates. The cell also organizes pre-placement activities like mock interviews, conferences, workshops, expert talks to prepare the students for the job market.
Placement Highlights 2018-19
|No. of companies participated||250|
|New employment partners||75|
|No. of students placed||310|
|% of placement||93.1%|
|Highest Salary||INR 31.5 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 6.35 LPA|
|Top 10% students’ salary||INR 14.96 LPA|
|Top 25% students’ salary||INR 6.29 LPA|
The job roles offered to the students include Business Development, Decision Analytics Associate, Commission Officer, Business Analyst, Technical Operations, Front End Engineer, Sales Trainee, Executive Trainee, etc.
Check: Shiv Nadar University Placement
Shiv Nadar University Facilities
Following are some of the facilities offered by the university to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: The central library of Shiv Nadar University is one of the richest and well-equipped university libraries in India. It is well connected with LAN &Wi-Fi and is open for its students and teaching staff. A collection of an around large number of textbooks, journals, reference books, and other study materials.
- Hostels: The University offers accommodation/hostel facilities to most of its students. Single seated and double-seated rooms are available. The hostel provides hygienic food and facility for recreation.
- Health Care Center: Situated at Shiv Nadar University the Health Care Center is always ready for the checkup of its residing students and teaching staff. The facilities available are mentioned below:
- Specialist advisors are available in ENT, Medicine, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Dentistry, Orthopedic, Gynecology, and Cardiology.
- Homeopathic treatment is also available.
- Free of cost medicines to students and university staff.
- 24 hours ambulance facility.
Shiv Nadar University Faculty
Listed below is a brief about the faculty members at the university:
Dr. J.P. Gupta
- Qualifications: B.Tech, MSE, and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Authored 2 books, published 120 conference papers and given talks in all continents
Dr. Sanjeev Yadav
- Qualifications: B.Tech, M.S., and Ph.D.
- Awards: Young Scientist Grant by the Govt. of U.P.
Dr. Tulika Chandra
- Qualifications: M.A., PG Diploma in Journalism & Mass Commnication, M.Phil, and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published various books, articles, book chapters in reputed journals
Dr. Vikram Kapur
- Qualifications: B.A., MJMC, and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published several short stories, pieces of non-fiction, and novels
Dr. Simanti Bandyopadhyay
- Qualifications: B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D.
- Awards: Mac Arthur Foundation Award, Post-Doctoral Fellowship by International Centre for Tax and Development
Know more: SNU Faculty