University of Lucknow or Lucknow University (LU) is one of the oldest government-owned Indian Research University located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The university is approved by University Grants Commission and All India Council for Technical Education. It is one of the largest universities in India with over 101 Affiliated Colleges and over 100,000 students.
Lucknow University offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in various streams such as Arts, Science, Commerce, Law and Fine Arts. Lucknow University Admission is done on the basis of entrance exams which is conducted by the university itself.
Lucknow University Highlights
Type of University
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
University Grants Commission (UGC)
University Rd, Babuganj, Hasanganj Lucknow - 226007 Uttar Pradesh, India
Lucknow University Courses and Admission
The university provides the variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in multiple disciplines. The duration of UG and PG courses is different. Read more Lucknow University Courses and Fee Structure.
Lucknow University UG Admissions
The university offers various UG programs including BA, B.Com, LL.B and BCA on the basis of entrance test. Eligible candidates who clear the university entrance test are intimated for interview round on the basis of merit obtained.
Those seeking admission can apply through the online submission portal available at the official university website. Upon submitting duly filled-in applications along with the required fee, students are qualified to appear for the university entrance exam. Registrations for UG Admissions usually starts from mid-April every year and the last date for submitting applications online is set in the month of May. Read more Lucknow University UG admission.
Lucknow University PG Admissions
The university offers various PG programs viz. M.Com, LL.M, M.Sc., MVA and MCA. Admission of candidates to most of the PG courses is done on the basis of marks obtained in the Graduation/Qualifying Examination except for those courses where mentioned. Counseling Schedule for students who possess the required eligibility criteria will be published on the university website.
Registrations for PG Admissions generally begins from mid-May every year and last date for submitting applications online is set in the first week of July. Those who wish to apply can submit duly filled-in applications along with the required fee through the online admission portal available at the official university website. Also check Lucknow University M.Ed Admission.
Lucknow University Ph.D. Admissions
The university also offers research programs such as Ph.D. in different departments. Candidates seeking admission can apply through either of the following methods:
- Through Qualifying Entrance Test (QET)
- Direct Interview (Exemption from QET)
Candidates from both the categories would be pooled together and will be required to undergo interview process. Selection of candidates would be done on the basis of their performance in the interview round.
Read more Lucknow University Ph.D. Admission.
Lucknow University Admit Card
The university admit cards for entrance examination as well as final semester/ annual examinations are uploaded on the official website of university i.e. http://luexam.net/. Candidates can view the admit cards and download it by entering their respective Form Number.
Lucknow University Results
Lucknow university follows both annual and semester system for its courses. In case of BA, B.Sc, B.Com programs, the university conducts annual examination whereas semester system is being followed for LL.B, BCA, BBA and other PG courses offered by the university.
Lucknow University Results are declared on the official website of university within several days of examination. Candidates can download their scorecard from the results portal by entering their roll number.
Steps to Check Result
- Visit the official website and click on Result tab
- Select your course and fill the required information
- Check and download your scorecard for future reference
- For previous year results, students can click on the “Old Result” link visible on right side of the webpage
Lucknow University Facilities
- Tagore Library: It is the Central Research library of the University. It is respected as one of the oldest, well organized and richest libraries in India.
- Auditorium: The Auditorium is the home to all the big events that take place in the University. From Seminars to conferences, Cultural programs to fests, everything is held in the auditorium.
- Hostel: The University has sixteen hostels and provides separate accommodation for boys and girls. The hostel rooms are allotted on twin-sharing basis and the present capacity is nearly 3000 inmates.
- Central Facility for Computational Research (CFCR) (Computer Cluster): The CFCR Computer cluster contains one master node and five compute nodes. Each node consists of 16 processors making a total of 96 cores. The software that is currently installed is Gaussian 09, MATLAB and Mathematica.