All India Institute of Medical Sciences Rishikesh (AIIMS Rishikesh), established in 2012 is a medical college, Hospital and medical research public university. The Institute operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medical science along with nursing and paramedical. The institution includes 3 colleges, viz, Medical, Nursing & AYUSH with various departments under it.
AIIMS Rishikesh Highlights
|Approval||MCI and Ministry of Health|
|Course||UG, PG, Doctoral and Diploma|
|Entrance Exam||AIIMS Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Admission||Online and Offline|
Which is the best AIIMS in country?
AIIMS Bhubaneshwar has been accredited as the best AIIMS in country.
AIIMS Rishikesh Courses
AIIMS Rishikesh offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medical science along with nursing and paramedical.
|Course||Specialization||Eligibility||Fees in INR|
|MBBS||--||Intermediate passed with at least 50% and PCB as a combination.|
|B.Sc||Anaesthesia Technology, Bronchoscopy Technician, Nuclear Medicine Technician, PFT Technician, Respiratory Therapy, Sleep Lab Technician||Intermediate passed with at least 50% and PCB as combination.||22,300|
|M.Sc||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacology and reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology ||Graduation in relevant discipline||32,400|
|MPH (Master of Public Health)||--||A degree in MD/MS or DNB from a University recognized by the MCI.||70,000|
|M.ch/ DM ( Master of Chirurgiae)||Orthopedics, Spine Surgery, Joint Replacement & Reconstruction, Division of Cosmetic Gynaecology& Reconstruction, Cosmetic, Gynaecology, Clinical Immunology, Rheumatology, Anaesthesiology, Pain Medicine ||A degree in MD/MS or DNB from a University recognized by the MCI.||1050|
|Ph.D||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacology and reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology ||Post Graduation in relevant discipline.|
|B.Sc||--||Intermediate in PCB with at least 50% marks.||23,300|
|Post Basic Diploma in Super Speciality Nursing||--||General Nursing and Midwifery course after Intermediate.||25,200|
|--||Anaesthesia Technology, Bronchoscopy Technician, Nuclear Medicine Technician, PFT Technician, Respiratory Therapy, Sleep Lab Technician||--||2,350|
Note - PDCC- Post Doctoral Diploma Courses is also available.
Also CheckAIIMS Rishikesh Fees Structure
AIIMS Rishikesh Admission:
Application forms are available online at the official university website, as well as in person at the university office. Candidates seeking admission to courses offered by AIIMS Rishikesh may do so by completing the steps mentioned below:
- Log on to the official university website and look for the link regarding admissions on the side of the page.
- Alternatively, the admission alert should also be available under the ‘Notifications’ tab.
- Next, the candidates should fill in all required details in the form.
- Candidate should also pay the required fee of INR 1000 to successfully register for the entrance examination.
- Alternatively, the form can also be bought and submitted at the college office itself.
Which is tougher AIIMS or NEET?
Regarding exam ,see the pattern of both exam is different.NEET being more NCERT oriented has low toughness level.Added the negative marking is 1/3 in Aiims while 1/4 in NEET.Lastly Aiims also has 20 GK que. ... NEET and AIPMT are same only. AIIMS is a no. 1 entrance exam for medical admission followed by NEET.
Below is the tabulated form of Means of Admission
|Course||Means of Admission|
|MBBS||AIIMS Entrance Exam|
|B. Sc||Entrance Exam OR Previous qualifying exam|
|MD/ MS/ MDS||Entrance Exam|
Read MoreAIIMS Rishikesh Admission Process
AIIMS Entrance Test
AIIMS Entrance Test for MBBS
AIIMS MBBS is known as All India Institute of Medical Sciences MBBS entrance exam. It is a national level undergraduate medical entrance exam which is held for admission to MBBS program offered at 7 AIIMS in the country. It is conducted by AIIMS New Delhi.
Please Note! The application process for AIIMS MBBSstarts in January.
AIIMS Entrance Test for PG
AIIMS PG (All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post-Graduate Test) is a national level entrance exam conducted every year by AIIMS, New Delhi. It offers various postgraduate and doctoral courses such as MD, MS, M.Ch, DM, and MDS. AIIMS PG Application Form is available on the official website of the institute.
AIIMS, Rishikesh Reservation of seats at AIIMS is as follows:
Other Backward Classes: 27% Scheduled Caste: 15% Scheduled Tribe: 7.5% EWS : 10% •
- If requisite number of suitable candidates is not available to fill up seats reserved for Scheduled Castes, same will be filled by candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and vice-versa.
- In case suitable candidates are not available from two reserved categories, vacant seats will be filled up by candidates from general category.
- In case suitable candidates are not available in OBC reserved category, same will be filled up by candidates from general category•For Indian Nationals, 5% reservation for Person with Benchmark Disability shall be provided on horizontal basis, in seats advertised.
AIIMS Rishikesh Facilities
- The AIIMS Library is well equipped with all modern facilities and huge collections of books. Library building consists of two floors with an area of 27000 square feet and a seating capacity of 300 people.
- The library is a treasure house having 61,423 books, 53,547 journals and 14,008 reports in the field of Biomedical Sciences. The library receives 490 journals and 80 newsletters every year.
Computer facility was created in the institute in 1978 in the Department of Biophysics. At the point, computerization was on a small scale and was catering only to Biophysics. In 1987, the institute decided to augment the facility and Computer facility was created and became operational in full scale in January 1989.
- The Central Workshop was established in 1964 under the Colombo Plan by Australian Govt. to promote the repair and maintenance of World Class Biomedical Equipments.
- It was also assigned WHO Project India 0199 to train the technicians for medical equipment’s maintenance under the project of CWS through WHO and UNICEF.
- Central Workshop has trained 206 trainees from different State Hospitals in India and the underdeveloped countries in South East Asia such as Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan & Burma.
E.H.S. (Dept. of Family Medicine) was established on a pattern of Central Government Health Services at AIIMS to take care of promotive, preventive and curative aspects of health care of Institute employees and their dependents.
Recognizing the contribution of the laboratory and the need for the ultrastructural investigations, the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India established a Regional Electron Microscope facility in 1983 at AIIMS under its RSIC/SIF program. This center is now known as the Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF) – AIIMS, New Delhi, under the SAIF Program of DST.
Medical Social Welfare Services
The Welfare Officer at AIIMS is involved in the following multifarious welfare activities concerning patients and employees.
National Poison Information Centre
The National Poisons Information Centre (NPIC) was established in the Department of Pharmacology at AIIMS in 1995.
Telemedicine is an emerging field in healthcare arising out of the synergistic convergence of Information Technology with Medical Science having enormous potential in meeting the challenges of healthcare delivery to rural and remote areas besides several other applications in education, training, and management in the health sector