IIM Kashipur, is one of the leading B-Schools and is considered among the Top MBA Colleges of India. The institute is ranked at #33 under the Management category by NIRF 2020. Outlook ICARE MBA 2021 has also placed IIM Kashipur at 16 position. The most opted course of IIM Kashipur is MBA followed by Executive MBA. Admission to MBA is done through CAP which includes PI round. Candidates are shortlisted for PI based on CAT scrore, past academic record, work experience and Diversity factor. For admission to EMBA, IIM Kashipur accepts CAT/GMAT score or conduct it own entrance test known as EMAT. The final selection is based on PI. Know more about IIM Kashipur Admission 2021.
IIM Kashipur also offers specialized MBA programme in Analytics and Ph.D. programme at Research level. The selection for MBA (BA) is based on CAT/ GMAT followed by PI. While candidates are selected for Ph.D. based on CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/ GATE/ JRF (NET)/ IIMB Test and performance in PI. Know more about IIM Kashipur Courses & Fees.
IIM Kashipur Admission Update: IIM Kashipur is inviting applications for Executive MBA Admission 2021. The last date to register for the same is April 15, 2021.
IIM Kashipur Quick Facts
- set up in 2011, IIM Kashipur is one of the second generation which has been ranked 33 under the Management category in NIRF 2020. Check IIM Kashipur Ranking.
- The campus is student driven and has a student committee for every discipline. The students are made capable of organising events like Tedx, Summits, Annual fairs and much more.
- IIM Kashipur has 33 core and 20 International and National visiting faculty members with current students having 25 months of work experience in prestigious companies like Accenture, Amazon, Crompton, Deloitte, etc. Check IIM Kashipur Faculty Details.
- The institute also has international collaboration with universities like ALBA Greece, Aalborg Denmark, ESDES Lyon in France, AIT Bangkok, Tel Aviv University in Israel which gives international exposure to students.
- IIM Kashipur has remarkable placement reports with around 98 companies coming for recruiting and offering salary as high as INR 45 LPA. Check IIM Kashipur Placement.
IIM Kashipur MBA
MBA is one of the most popular courses of IIM Kashipur. It is a two year program with three terms each year. The duration of each term is around 11 weeks. The institute adapts various methods like Exchange of Faculty, Joint Research Activities, Short-term Exchange of Students to evolve learning.
Admission to the course is done on the basis of CAT score followed by PI. The overall cut off for IIM Kashipur MBA was 94 percentile for the general category students. The fees for the program is INR 15,42,000. A number of scholarships are provided both by the government and the institute to give some financial assistance to students. Read more about IIM Kashipur Selection Criteria.
IIM Kashipur Ranking
IIM Kashipur has gained the following rankings in recent years:
- IIM Kashipur is ranked at 33 under the Management Category by NIRF 2020.
- IM Kashipur bagged 16th position out of 30 in Outlook-ICARE MBA Rankings 2021.
- The institute bagged 13th position out of 30 in Outlook-ICARE MBA Rankings 2020
Read more: IIM Kashipur Ranking
IIM Kashipur Cut Off
IIM Kashipur has released the CAT Cutoff for shortlisting students for CAP process. The sectional and overall cutoff is displyed n the table below:
Check IIM Kashipur Cutoff
IIM Kashipur Courses
|Masters in Business Administration (MBA)||
Duration: 2-year | Full-time
Eligibility: Bachelor degree with 50% marks.
|CAT Score + PI + Academic Performance + Work Experience|
|Executive MBA (Ex. MBA)||
Duration: 2-year | Full-time
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks + 3 years of Managerial/ Entrepreneurial/ Professional work experience after Graduation.
|Valid CAT/GMAT/EMAT score and Personal Interview|
Duration: 2-year | Full-time
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks
|Valid CAT/GMAT score and Personal Interview|
|Ph.D.||Eligibility: Master's degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point average (OR) A professional qualification - CA/ICWA/CS with graduation degree (OR) 4 years/8-semester bachelor's degree (B.E./B. Tech./B. Arch. etc.) with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent percentage.||GMAT/GRE/CAT/GATE/JRF (NET)/IIMB Test and Personal Interview|
Click here IIM Kashipur Courses & Fees
IIM Kashipur Batch 2020 – Class Profile
IIM Kashipur has a diverse batch profile in terms of education background. Maximum students of the batch were from Computer Science i.e. 22%. The table below shows the education background of the batch:
|Education Background||Percentage of Students|
|Electrical Engineering, Power||21%|
|Finance, Economics, Commerce||12%|
Around 58% of the batch has a Work Experience while 42% were freshers and 40% students of the batch has an age of 25-26.
IIM Kashipur Placements
IIM Kashipur has maintained its record with 100% placements for the 8th consecutive year with an average package of INR 13.82. The highest package stood at INR 45 LPA leaving behind the highest LPA of IIM Rohtak and IIM Raipur. Some of the top notch companies where students from IIM Kashipur are placed are E&Y, Genpact, Deloitte, HDFC, ICICI, ANZ, Infosys, Angel Broking and many others.
|Placement Data of 2018-20 Batch|
|Number of students eligible for placements||249|
|Number of PPO/PPI||22|
|Number of students placed through campus||227|
|Number of offers made||252|
|Number of companies participated||96|
|Highest Domestic CTC||INR. 45 LPA|
|Highest International CTC||INR. 48.50 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR. 13.82 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR. 12.04 LPA|
IIM Kashipur Sector-wise Placements 2020
|Sectors||Percentage of Offers|
|IT & Analytics||31%|
|Startegy & Consulting||4%|
Read More: IIM Kashipur Placement
IIM Kashipur Scholarships
The students of IIM Kashipur receive financial assistance from both the Government of India and the institute.
List of Scholarships provided to MBA students of IIM Kashipur by the Government of India:
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Castes Students by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Tribes Students by Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Merit-cum-means based scholarship scheme belonging to the minority communities - Ministry of Minority Affairs.
The institute also sponsors need-cum-merit financial assistance and scholarship to the students:
- They are offered in the form of 100%, 50%, and 25% fee tuition waivers.
- Upto 10% of MBA participants receive this assistance based on their family income and academic performance.
- Students with their total annual family income less than INR 3,00,000 are eligible for these scholarships.
IIM Kashipur Faculty
IIM Kashipur has a well accomplished and highly qualified faculty team of 32 members. Every faculty has a PhD in its respective field. The faculty is designated under different posts such as assistant professor, associate professor and professor. There are also faculty members based on full time faculty and visiting faculty. The detailed date of the faculty in various position as follow:
- Assistant professor: 18
- Associate professor: 7
- Professor: 5
Reviews of IIM Kashipur at Collegedunia for faculty are positive and scored 8.5/10
IIM Kashipur Alumni
With more than 1000 Alumni who are working as managers to CXOs worldwide, have been the flag bearers of IIM Kashipur. Given below are a few of the notable alumni of the institute:
- Ashim Das: City Head at Moglix
- Prashant Gaur: Operation Manager at Amazon, Bangalore
- Pramod Naresh Kumar: Product Manager at Addverb, Delhi
- Ravi Kumar: International Marketing Manager at New Zealand Institute of Education (NZIE)
- Amit Kumar Agarwal: Senior Analyst at Ernst & Young, Gurgaon
- Gaurav Pal: Product Manager at Ultratech Cement, Mumbai
- Harshvardhana Kumar: Market Risk Analyst at RBS
IIM Kashipur FAQs
Ques. What is the placement process of IIM Kashipur for freshers?
Ans. Placement at IIM Kashipur takes place at two stages.
- Stage1: An 8-week full-time summer internship (1week of April to May)
- Stage 2: Final Recruitment’s
Summer placements begin 1st week of October and Final placements begin in November. The placement cell performs certain activities during the placement process. They are:
- Pre-placement presentation/ Distribution of Published Material.
- Invitation for Job Description/ Job Role from the Organisation
- Submission of Resume/Applications by the students
- Shortlisting of candidates
- Final offers
Ques. Whose placement is better IIM Raipur, IIM Rohtak, or IIM Kashipur?
Ans. IIM Kashipur offers a good average salary package to students whereas IIM Raipur and IIM Rohtak offers a good range of highest salary package. Here are some highlights comparing all three colleges:
|IIM Raipur||IIM Rohtak||IIM Kashipur|
|Average Salary: INR 14.53 LPA||Average Salary: INR 11.85 LPA||Average Package: INR 13.82 LPA|
|Highest Salary: INR 24.06 LPA||Highest Salary: INR 24.13 LPA||Highest Package: INR 48.5 LPA|
|Recruiters: 150||Recruiters: 90||Recruiters: 96|
|New Recruiters: 50||New Recruiters: 40||New Recruiters: 35|
|Read More: IIM Raipur||Read More: IIM Rohtak||--|
Ques. What is the CAT Cutoff for IIM Kashipur Admission 2021?
Ans. CAT Overall percentile for Admission 2021 is 94 for General category, 75 for EWS & NC-OBC, 55 for SC and 40 for ST & PWD categories.
Ques. What is the highest package for year 2020 placement at IIM Kashipur?
Ans. The Highest International Package was INR 48.50 LPA while the Highest Domestic Packagae was INR 45 LPA.
Ques. Can a B.Tech student directly enroll for FPM program without Postgraduation?
Ans. Yes, B.tech students are allowed to enroll for FPM Program. Such students are not required to have a PG degree to be eligible for applying.
Ques. Which is the best program offered by IIM Kashipur?
Ans. MBA (analytics) is one of the most popular programs offered by IIM Kashipur given the data-driven market and high demands for analytics in every industry sphere.
Ques. What is the cutoff for admissions into IIM Kashipur?
Ans. By latest updates, IIM Kashipur accepts no less than 90.89 percentile in CAT for general category, 79 percentile for NC-OBC category and 50 percentile for SC/ST categories.
Ques. Are there any IIM Kashipur online courses?
Ans. IIM Kashipur offers online certificate programs: Applied Financial Risk Management, Applied Credit Risk Analytics, Strategic Management, Executive Development Programme in Operations Management, Executive Development Programme in Financial Data Analytics, Executive Certificate Programme in Logistics & Supply Chain Analytics.
Ques. What is the scenario of IIM Kashipur placement trends?
Ans. As a 9 years-old institute, IIM Kashipur showcases an impressive 100% placement record with the highest CTC reaching 45LPA mark. About 249 students of the 2020 MBA batch received 252 offers. Finding a place among top league 31% offers from IT domain.
Ques. Does IIM Kashipur offer a PhD program?
Ans. Yes, IIM Kashipur offers a PhD program (Fellow Programme in Management-FPM).
Ques. When are IIM Kashipur results usually declared?
Ans. IIM Kashipur usually declared the final results of a 2 years MBA program on its official website in May every year.
Ques. How is the IIM Kashipur placement experience for freshers?
Ans.As the institute usually observed a 100% placement, it is believed that lack of work experience does not affect placement scopes. However, most of the batches have an average work experience of 2-2.5 years of work experience.