Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) was established in the year 2005 by an Act of Uttarakhand Legislative Assembly (Act No. 23 of 2005). This prestigious institute known for providing distance learning education has 90+ Study Centres located in different locations of the state under eight regional centres at Dehradun, Roorkee, Pauri, Uttarkashi, Ranikhet, Bageshwar, Haldwani and Pithoragarh.
UOU offers a number of undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses to the students. These are BA, BBA, BCA, B.Com, B.Ed., B.Sc., BTTM, MA, MBA, MCA, M.Com, MPA, M.Sc., MSW, MTTM, PhD, and Diploma in various specializations. As per latest updates, UG, PG, Diploma and Certificate programs application forms for UOU Admission 2021 (Winter Session) are available till March 31, 2021.
The eligibility criterion for all undergraduate courses is to have passed 10+2 or equivalent. Selection shall be merit-based. For admission to the postgraduate programs, the candidate must have completed graduation. The admissions shall be merit-based. Admission to MBA shall be based on the score of the entrance test conducted by University/ MAT/ CAT. The college has a placement cell that is responsible for updating the students regarding internship and job opportunities.
Uttarakhand Open University Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2005 | Public University|
|Recognized by||UGC and DEC|
|Entrance exam||MBA- University Entrance Test/ CAT/ MAT|
|Courses Offered||BA, BBA, BCA, B.Com, B.Ed., B.Sc., BTTM, MA, MBA, MCA, M.Com, MPA, M.Sc., MSW, MTTM, PhD, Diploma, and PG Diploma|
|Popular Courses||BA, BBA, BCA, B.Sc.,B.Com, MA, MBA, MCA, M.Com, M.Sc.|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit based | Entrance test|
|Facilities Available||Video lecture, Radio Talks, Electronic media, ICT tools, Library, Canteen|
Uttarakhand Open University Courses
UOU offers BA, BBA, BCA, B.Com, B.Ed., B.Sc., BTTM, MA, MBA, MCA, M.Com, MPA, M.Sc., MSW, MTTM, PhD, Diploma, and PG Diploma courses.
The popular courses offered at UOU along with their key details have been discussed in the tabulation below:
|BA||Duration: 3 years (minimum)- 6 years (maximum)
Eligibility Criteria: The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent
Subjects: English, Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit, History, Geography, Political Science, Sociology, Economics, Education, Public Administration, Mathematics, , Psychology, Music, Home Science, Jyotish, Karmakand, Yoga
|B.Com.||Duration: 3 years (minimum)- 6 years (maximum)
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have passed 10+2.
|B.Sc.||Duration: 3 years (minimum)- 6 years (maximum)
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must have completed 10+2 in science stream
Subjects: Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Zoology, Geography
|MA||Duration- 2 years (minimum)- 6 years (maximum)
Eligibility Criteria: Home Science: Candidate must have passed B.A. Home Science or B.Sc. Home Science. Geography: Candidate must have cleared graduation with Geography Geo- Informatics: The applicant must have completed graduation with Arts/ Commerce stream from a UGC recognized University. Other courses: Candidate must have completed graduation in any stream.
Subjects: Economics, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Psychology, Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Jyotish, Yoga, Home Science, Education, Journalism and Mass Communication, Geography, Geo Informatics, Mathematics
|MBA||Duration: 2 years (minimum)- 4 years (maximum)
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks along with 2 years of supervisory/ managerial/ professional/ teaching experience.
|MCA||Duration: 2 years(minimum)- 4 years (maximum)
Eligibility Criteria: Applicant must have passed BCA/ Bachelor degree in Computer Science Engineering or an equivalent degree like PGDCA from UGC recognized University OR B.Sc./ B.Com/ BA with mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level
Duration: 2 years(minimum)- 6 years (maximum)
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce
Read More: UOU Courses & Fee
Uttarakhand Open University Admission
Admission to MBA is done on the basis of University Entrance Test/ CAT/ MAT Score while admission to all other courses at Uttarakhand Open University (UOU) is merit based.
How to Apply?
To apply at UOU, candidates need to follow the given directives:
- Candidates must fill the application form which is available on the official website. They are required to carefully read the instructions before filling the form.
- Then they need to fill in the details such as programme, study centre etc. and upload the necessary documents.
- The next step is to make an online payment through net banking/ debit card/ credit card or Challan.
- Then, they are required to take a printout of the form and submit it to the study center along with testimonials.
- Candidates need to obtain the prospectus along with the application form from the concerned Study Centers/ University Headquarters by paying the needful fee.
- Then, they must enclose the self attested photocopies of the required documents and a signed certificate.
List of required Documents:
The following are the documents that need to be submitted:
- Class 10th Mark sheet and Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet and certificate
- Candidate’s photograph and signature
- Eligibility document
- Self declaration form filled and signed by the applicant
Read More: UOU Admission
Uttarakhand Open University Placements
The University has a placement cell which has the responsibility of providing regular updates about internships and job opportunities to the students. The students then make use of this opportunity as per their skills and abilities. The campus does not provide campus recruitments as such.
Read More: UOU Placements
Uttarakhand Open University Scholarships
To meet the needs of the unprivileged and the meritorious students, UOU provides various scholarships. To avail those scholarships, the candidates need to visit the website- http:/scholarships.gov.in
Read More: UOU Scholarships
Uttarakhand Open University Facilities
To cater to the needs of the students and the faculty, Uttarakhand Open University provides a large number of facilities:
- Workshops: Workshops are organized regularly. These workshops educate the students regarding various knowledgeable and technological topics. Practical workshops are organized in the field of science. Conferences and seminars are also organized on a regular basis.
- Learning support: Learning is provided to the students through advanced sources like video lectures, radio talks, electronic media and ICT tools.
- SLM: Self- Instructional Study Material has been developed for graduate and post- graduate programmes which is planned to be launched in 2020.
Uttarakhand Open University Faculty
UOU has a highly qualified and well educated staff which works wholeheartedly to inculcate the best values and knowledge among students.
- Governor of Uttarakhand and Chancellor of University- H.E. Smt. Baby Rani Maurya
- Vice Chancellor- Prof. Om Prakash Singh Negi
- Professor- 4
- Assistant Professor- 27
- Academic Associate- 26
Read More: UOU Faculty
Ques. Can a candidate change his/ her Study Centre?
Ques. What is the fee if a candidate wishes to change his study centre, programme or subject?
If the candidate wishes to change his programme, the fees is Rs. 1500/-
If the candidate wishes to change his subject, he must pay a fee of Rs. 300/-
Ques. How can one change the Optional Subject and Medium?
Ques. Does the University offer courses in Vocational Studies?
Ques. What is the minimum and maximum duration of the Ph.D. courses at the University?