Presidency University Kolkata is an institute of higher education in College Street, Kolkata, West Bengal. The institute was formerly known as ‘Hindoo College’ in 1817 and ‘Presidency College of Bengal' in 1855. UGC recognised Presidency University as Institute of Eminence. In 2010, it was accorded the status of Presidency University after functioning as a top constituent college of the University of Calcutta for about 193 years. Presidency University at Kolkata offers courses in various departments such as Life Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Political Science and many more.
Presidency University Admission Dates
|Last Date to Apply on Vacant seats of Presidency University||30, October 2020|
|Entrance Exam (PUBDET)||11 Apr - 12 Apr, 2020|
|Entrance Exam (PUMDET)||21 Jun, 2020|
Presidency University Kolkata Highlights
|Established | type||2010 | State University|
|Approval||UGC, NAAC, and AIU|
|Courses||B. A/B.Sc./M.A./M.Sc./ PhD|
|Accepted Exam||PUBDET/PUMDET/Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET)|
Presidency University Kolkata Ranking
Presidency University Kolkata occupied the spot of 151 out of 200 institutions in 2020 as per the rankings of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF Ranking).
Presidency University Kolkata Courses
Presidency University has 17 departments which offer UG, PG and Ph.D. courses in various specializations. Here is the course list for choosing the programme offered by the Presidency University:
Presidency University Kolkata Admission
Admission at Presidency University Kolkata is based on entrance exams conducted by WBJEE like PUBDET for UG admission 2020 and PUMDET for PG admission 2020. Ph.D. Entrance Test is conducted within the university level for Doctoral course admission. Students must have a bachelor’s degree for PG admissions and master’s degree for research-level doctoral admission. Scoring a certain cut off will seal the admissions to the various courses offered here.
The Presidency University application form and concerned entrance examination form can be filled online by following the given steps:
- Visit the official portal of WBJEE.
- Candidates opting for UG Programme will fill the application form of PUBDET and those opting for PG Programme will fill the PUMDET entrance exam application form.
- For Ph.D. courses, visit the official portal of the university for more details.
- Register yourself by filling in all the particular details.
- Upload scanned copies of documents, photograph, and signature as required.
- The application fee is Rs. 500/- payable online through Net Banking/Credit card/Debit card.
- Appear for the concerned exam to crack it.
- Finalize your seat after verifying the originals and paying the fees.
Presidency University Kolkata Placements
The Presidency University has a dedicated placement cell that works on up building of students by providing opportunities in their professional work. The companies actively recruit the students on the basis of their knowledge and talent.
Highest package salary to the candidates getting placed are13 LPA and while, that of the Average package salary is 5 LPA.
Some of the recruiters visiting Presidency University Kolkata are: HSBC, Mindtree, Mu sigma, PWC, Genpact, Wipro, En Y, Citi, SBI, Orange tree, RBI, NABARD, yes bank, and Deloitte.
Read More Presidency University Kolkata Placements
Presidency University Kolkata Scholarships
Presidency University provides many different scholarships to students for their higher studies. The students need to login to the portal of various scholarship sites in order to get the benefit. The official website provides access to different scholarships.
Few scholarships provided are:
- Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship/K3 Scholarship
- Minority Scholarships
- Priyamvada Birla Scholarship
- Sambhava Foundation Scholarship
- Harsh & Payal Hada Foundation
- Kanyashree Scholarship
Presidency University Kolkata Facilities
The University has a very well-maintained Infrastructure. It provides various facilities to be used by students & faculty members as follows:
- Laboratory- The University provides discipline-based laboratory facilities to the students. Some of which include, Chemistry lab, Computer lab, Physics lab, and Biology lab.
- Hostel Facility- The Hostel provisions are for both girls as well as boys separately with basic amenities like mess facility, library, Wi-Fi, indoor sports, and transportation, etc. The hostel will be provided on a first come first served basis.
- Corporate Society- The Presidency University operates Co-operative society is a voluntary organization of persons to look after each other's mutual cooperation.
- Miscellaneous Facilities- Other Facilities include Library, E-Classroom, Auditorium, Medical Facilities, Cafeteria, Wi-Fi facility, Virtual Labs, Sports Complex, and IT Infrastructure, etc.
Read More Presidency University Kolkata Hostel
Presidency University Kolkata Faculty
Presidency University, Kolkata has 17 departments and each department has very well renowned, highly educated and encouraging faculty members. The staff stats are:
- Administrative staff: 220
- Doctorate holders: 3
Read More Presidency University Kolkata Faculty
Presidency University Kolkata FAQs
Ques. How is the Mathematics Department in Presidency University Kolkata?
Ans. The Presidency University Kolkata provides highly educated teachers and professors in every respective field. The Department deals with pure mathematics. The teachers give lecture and doubt clearance session is also scheduled for the students. The department provides various facilities to the students such as labs, Wi-Fi, AC, and Library.
Ques. What are the entrance exams scheduled for the UG and PG programs at Presidency University Kolkata?
Ans. The entrance exam scheduled for the UG program is PUBDET & for the PG program is PUMDET AT Presidency University Kolkata. The exams are conducted by WBJEE board.
Ques. Does Presidency University Kolkata provide on-campus or off-campus hostel accommodations?
Ans. The Presidency University Kolkata provides off-campus hostel accommodations for girls and for boys it is just behind the University. It also provides a free transport facility to the campus and back.
Ques. What is the highest package of Presidency University Kolkata?
Ans. Presidency University Kolkata offers the highest package of INR 13 LPA.
Ques. How is student life at Presidency University Kolkata?
Ans. The Presidency University Kolkata gives a liberal, open-minded, & positive thinking environment. The study pattern here includes English pronunciation by both teachers and students. It maintains the decorum of the University. The students get a friendly environment which feels like home and get access to various campus facilities.