Rabindra Bharati University was established in the year 1962. At present, it has three faculties, namely, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Fine Arts and Faculty of Visual Arts. Apart from the regular undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in its Main campus and in Jorasanko & Salt Lake campuses also. Rabindra Bharati University (RBU) also offers MA & MSW programs in Distance Education mode (RBUDDE).
It is an affiliating university. Rabindra Bharati University Admissions are offered on the basis of marks secured by a candidate in the qualifying examination.
The university offers good placement opportunities. Read more about the placements- Rabindra Bharati University Placement
Rabindra Bharati University Highlights
Why to Join Rabindra Bharati University:
- Remedial Classes: The students from small towns and rural areas have availed scope of opportunity as university provides them special Remedial Coaching Courses to overcome the difficulties faced by them while adapting advanced curriculum.
- Exchange Programs: University has signed MoUs with various reputed Institutes and Universities which allows students and faculties to get broad exposure to various avenues of Higher Learning.
Rabindra Bharati University Courses Offered
The university offers undergraduate, postgraduate, dostoral as well as distance education. All the programs are examined below:
The university offers BA (Hons.), BFA, B.Li.Sc & B.Ed programs in various disciplines under the faculties of Arts, Fine Arts and Visual Arts. Admission is completely based on the marks in the qualifying examination. RBU releases the course-wise provisional merit lists for the shortlisted candidates.
M.A, MFA & M.Li.Sc courses are offered in various disciplines. Admission in MA (Human Rights) and Mass Communication is granted on the basis of performance in the Admission Test. For other courses, RBU releases the separate merit list as per the marks in Graduation degree.
M.Phil & Ph.D.
The Faculty of Arts, Fine Arts and Visual Arts also offers courses at the doctoral level. Admission is offered on the basis of Written Test followed by an interview. Candidates have to score minimum 40% marks in the written test and 45% marks in the interview.
Read more about the Courses and Fees- Rabindra Bharati University Courses and Fees
Distance MA & MSW
RBUDDE imparts education through Open and Distance Learning System and serves as a platform of guidance for the students who might have been deprived of education. The admission to MA (Geography) and MSW have only limited seats and admissions are offered on the basis of merit only. DDE also offers Diploma in Tagore Literature.
Read more about Distance education- Rabindra Bharati University Distance Education
Rabindra Bharati UniversityFellowships & Scholarships
Based on merit-cum-need, the university has a broad range of programs to provide financial assistance to students. The following fellowships/scholarships are being run with the support of State and Central Government.
- Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
- Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship Scheme
- Online application for Scholarship to SC, ST and OBC students
- Post Matric and Merit cum Means Scholarship
Read more about the Scholarships- Rabindra Bharati University Scholarships