Updated On - September 27th 2019 by PRATYASHA
Vidyasagar University was established in the year 1981. The university has been recognized by UGC, AICTE, and NAAC. The university offers various level degree programs such as Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral. Vidyasagar University Admission is based on the merit of the last qualifying examination.
Vidyasagar University Highlights
Vidyasagar University Courses
Vidyasagar University offers various degree level courses such as undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral in the field of Arts, Commerce, Science & Technology. Given below are the courses offered by the university:
|M.A||Bengali, English, Hindi, Economics, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Sanskrit||Bachelor’s in the relevant subject|
|M.Sc||Anthropology, Fisheries Science, Geography, Botany, Human Physiology, Microbiology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Zoology, Electronics||B.Sc in relevant discipline |
|M.Com||-||Honors in Commerce/ Accountancy/ Marketing/ BCA|
|MBA||-||Graduate in any discipline with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST). A valid score in CAT/ MAT/ JEMAT|
|M.Lib.I.Sc||-||Graduate in B.Lib.I.Sc|
|MCA||-||Graduate in a relevant subject|
Click here Vidyasagar University Courses and Fee
Vidyasagar University Admission
Given below is the step-wise procedure for admission in the university:
Step 1: Go to the online portal of the university (http://onlineadmission.vidyasagar.ac.in) and fill the form.
Step 2: Complete the steps mentioned on the portal i.e. filling in the personal details, academic details, uploading photo and signature
Step 3: Pay INR 250 for Post Graduate & other Courses (except M.Phil.) and INR 350 for M. Phil. Programs through online mode of payment.
Step 4: Take the print out of the application form for further verification.
Documents required during verification:
- Mark sheets of Examinations passed (10th onwards), University Registration Certificate and a Passport Size colored photograph affixed in the box provided in the Form.
- Admit Card/ Certificate of H.S. or equivalent /Madhyamik as evidence of the date of birth.
- SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/Persons with Disability (PwD) certificate issued by the appropriate authority, for those applying under respective quota.
- Certificate of Games & Sports/ Cultural Competition (International/ National/ State in the last two years), for those applying under respective quota.
- BPL Certificate of the parents issued by the appropriate authority, for those willing to avail concession in tuition fees
- Migration Certificate
Know more Vidyasagar University Admissions
Vidyasagar University Distance Education
The distance education center of Vidhyasagar University was established on 29th September 1981. Vidyasagar University Distance Education offers courses in two departments namely Arts & Commerce and Science. Under the Department of Arts & Commerce, the courses offered are Master of Arts and Master of Commerce.
- Master of Arts is offered in Bengali, Hindi, English, Sanskrit and Political Science. It is a 2-year undergraduate program.
- Master of Commerce is a 2-year program. Candidates having Honours degree or three-year general graduate degree are eligible for admission.
Department of Science only offers a Master of Science in different fields of specializations namely Environment Science, Physics, Zoology, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Geography, and Botany. All these courses are of 2-year duration.