Vidyasagar University was established in the year 1981. The university has been recognized by UGC, AICTE, and NAAC. The university offers various level degree programs such as Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral. Vidyasagar University admission is both merit and entrance-based. The university also provides distance education to students based on marks obtained by the applicant in the previous qualifying examination. Apart from this, VU also runs evening classes for MA and M.Sc program.
Vidyasagar University Admission 2020 Dates
|Online Admission for PG||Nov 1, 2020|
|Last date for online admission (PG)||Nov 16, 2020|
|Provisional Merit lists||Nov 18, 2020|
|Editing of candidate data in case of mistake||Nov 18, 2020 - Nov 22, 2020|
|Updated Provisional Merit Lists||Nov 25, 2020|
|Initiation of online admission||Nov 27, 2020|
Vidyasagar University Highlights
|Established | Type||1981 | State|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Doctoral, and Certificate|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Accepted exam scores||CAT/ MAT/ JEMAT/ VUMAT/ WB JECA|
Vidyasagar University Courses
Vidyasagar University offers various degree level courses such as Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral in the field of Arts, Commerce, Science & Technology. Given below are the courses offered by the university:
|M.A||Bengali, English, Hindi, Economics, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, and Sanskrit||Bachelor’s in the relevant subject|
|M.Sc||Anthropology, Fisheries Science, Geography, Botany, Human Physiology, Microbiology, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Zoology, and Electronics||B.Sc in relevant discipline|
|M.Com||-||Honors in Commerce/ Accountancy/ Marketing/ BCA|
|MBA||-||Graduate in any discipline with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST). A valid score in CAT/ MAT/ JEMAT|
|M.Lib.I.Sc||-||Graduate in B.Lib.I.Sc|
|MCA||-||Graduate in a relevant subject|
Click here Vidyasagar University Fee
Vidyasagar University Admission
Given below is the step-wise procedure for admission in the university:
Step 1: Go to the online portal of the university (http://onlineadmission.vidyasagar.ac.in) and fill the form.
Step 2: Complete the steps mentioned on the portal i.e. filling in the personal details, academic details, uploading photo and signature
Step 3: Pay INR 250 for Post Graduate & other Courses (except M.Phil.) and INR 350 for M. Phil. Programs through online mode of payment.
Step 4: Take the print out of the application form for further verification.
Know more Vidyasagar University Admissions
Vidyasagar University Results
Vidyasagar University announces the semester results online on its official website. The DDE results are also announced online. To download the semester exam results, the candidates are required to:
Visit the official university website and navigate to the “Results” section under the “Academics” tab
- Once the page is loaded, candidates have the option of viewing their result through any of the following methods:
- Directly through the official website
- Through the other website
- Through SMS
- Candidates can click on the provided link on the results page to see the list of courses along with their semester.
- Upon clicking the desired result link, candidates will be asked to enter the roll and number or name in order to download the scorecard
- Candidate can also click the “Through other websites” link and will be redirected to a different portal where candidates can view their results.
Read More: Vidyasagar University Results
Vidyasagar University Distance Education
The distance education center of Vidhyasagar University was established on 29th September 1981. Vidyasagar University Distance Education offers courses in two departments namely Arts & Commerce and Science. Under the Department of Arts & Commerce, the courses offered are Master of Arts and Master of Commerce.
- Master of Arts is offered in Bengali, Hindi, English, Sanskrit, and Political Science. It is a 2-year undergraduate program.
- Master of Commerce is a 2-year program. Candidates having an Honours degree or three-year general graduate degree are eligible for admission.
Department of Science only offers a Master of Science in different fields of specializations namely Environment Science, Physics, Zoology, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Geography, and Botany. All these courses are for a 2-year duration.
Vidyasagar University FAQ
Ques. What add-on courses are offered by the Vidyasagar University?
Ans. The add-on courses offered by Vidyasagar University are as follows:
|Folklore & Folk Culture||Duration: 12 weeks
Course Fee: INR 3000
|Basic and Advanced Java||Duration: 12 weeks
Course Fee: INR 4000
Eligibility: Programing Knowledge in C++
|Software Project Management||Duration: 2 Weeks
Course Fee: INR 4000
Eligibility: Open to all
|Incubation course in Life Sciences||Duration: 3 months
Eligibility: M.Sc (Completed/ Pursuing) in any branch of Life Science.
Course Fee: INR 8000
|Computerized Goods & Service Tax||Duration: One month
Course Fee: INR 4000
|Epidemiology||Duration: 2 days/ week
Course Fee: INR 4000
Eligibility: Running M.Sc student in the discipline of Clinical Nutrition/ Biomedical Laboratory Science & Management, Human Physiology, and Anthropology
Ques. What subjects are taught in Vidyasagar University evening classes?
Ans. The evening batch of Vidyasagar University was started in 2018. The evening batch is offered MA in Bengali, English, and M.Sc in Zoology, Chemistry, and Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics. Candidates having a 3 year BA/ BSc degree in the concerned or allied subjects are eligible for admission to the PG evening courses under CCAE. Admissions are strictly on the basis of the number of approved seats and first come first serve basis. Students are provided with study materials, Library facility, hostel accommodation, transport facility, medical facility, placement assistance, etc.
Ques. How are the placements of the university?
Ans. The University has established a very substantial and fruitful linkage among various Institutions of National and International repute, NGOs, Government Organization which help immensely and potentially in promoting curricular development, on-job training, research, consultancy, etc. A significant number of pass-outs of Computer Science, MCA, MBA, Microbiology, Chemistry, Bio-Medical Laboratory Science, Electronics, Physiology, Aquaculture, etc have got placement in different organizations/research sectors/ laboratories through these linkages. Recruiters involved in the placement cycle includes companies like Azim Premji Foundation, ICICI Bank, Switz India, IIT Kgp projects, New Hope Group, Force Motors, IFB Agro Industries Ltd., Topper Technologies.
Ques. How are the hostels of the university?
Ans. There are five Hostels – two for Boys and three for Girls- on the University campus. Boys’ Hostel and Girls’ Hostels accommodate 291 students and 349 students respectively. Hostel accommodation is provided to the selected students depending on the distance between their place of residence and Vidyasagar University. Preference is given to the students coming from other States or remote places. Admitted students may apply to the Dean, Students’ Welfare for the accommodation of Hostel, soon after admission.
Ques. What is the procedure for a transcript from Vidyasagar University (Midnapore)?
Ans. Vidyasagar University transcript charge is INR 200 for each set of transcripts of a candidate. So you may visit the university or send the required documents, an application letter, sets of xerox copies of each semester mark sheets, and final passing certificate along with the transcript charge of INR 200. For courier in India, they may charge INR 50 to INR 75 and INR 2000 for the International courier. You need to visit the university or authorize someone from your side through a formal application letter to fulfill the necessary customs clearance. You can pay the charge either through Demand Draft in favor of Vidyasagar University, payable at Medinipur, of Current date, or through NEFT or RTGS in the bank of the university. It normally takes 15 days fro the complete process. The transcript along with your verified documents will be posted to WES, as soon as your transcript is ready.
Ques. What documents are required at the time of Vidyasagar University admission?
Ans. Documents required at the time of admission are as follows:
- Print out of the online filled in application form to be submitted at the time of verification.
- Self-attested photocopies of all the Mark sheets of Examinations passed (10th onwards), University Registration Certificate, and a Passport Size colored photograph affixed in the box provided in the Form.
- Self-attested photocopy of the Admit Card/ Certificate of H.S. or equivalent /Madhyamik as evidence of the date of birth.
- Self-attested photocopy of SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ Persons with Disability (PwD) certificate issued by the appropriate authority, for those applying under respective quota.
- Self-attested photocopies of the Certificate of Games & Sports/ Cultural Competition (International/ National/ State in the last two years), for those applying under respective quota.
- Self-attested photocopy of the BPL Certificate of the parents issued by the appropriate authority, for those willing to avail concession in tuition fees.
- The last date of submission of the UG final mark sheet for provisionally admitted students is 16th August 2019.
- Migration Certificate (for other university candidates only) must be submitted within two months from the date of admission.
Ques. What is the admission procedure for MBA and MCA at Vidyasagar University?
Ans. The admissions at Vidyasagar University for MBA and MCA program are based on VUMAT and JECA rank scored by the candidate
Ques. What is the application fee for WB JECA 2020?
Ans. The application fee for WB JECA 2020 is INR 500 for all category candidates. Payment of the application fee can be done through Netbanking/ Debit card/ Credit card.
Ques. How will be WB JECA 2020 counseling process conducted?
Ans. After the declaration of the merit list, qualified candidates must appear for the JECA 2020 Counselling. The counseling process will be conducted by the respective institutes and will start in the month of August 2020.
- A notification with details of counseling, seat allotment, and admission will be published on the official website.
- Aspirants must attend the counseling session in order of merit and rank.
- If the aspirant remains absent, their seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate.
- Candidates should be present in person and no representative on their behalf will be entertained.
- Applicants should also bring the necessary documents for verification.
- Candidates will be offered seats based on merit and choice of college after scrutiny of their certificates.
Ques. What is the WB JECA exam pattern?
Ans. JECA is a three-hour-long computer-based test. WB JECA Exam Pattern comprises two papers - Mathematics and Aptitude based test. For the first two hours, only Paper-1 will remain enabled and during the last one hour, only Paper-2 will remain enabled on the computer.