IIM Ranchi was established as the ninth IIM in 2010 and ranks #10 in NIRF Ranking. Known for its MBA course, IIM Ranchi also offers MBA HR, Ph.D, PGEXP, IPM. The admission for MBA program is through CAT score and for MBA PGPEXP through written test, PI and also considers work experience. Know more about Courses and Eligibility
IIM Ranchi Admission 2020 Updates: For MBA admission 2021, IIM Ranchi has declared CAP 2021 shortlisted candidates. As one of the 9 IIMs in CAP 2021, the interview process will be conducted online from February 15, 2021. IIM Ranchi Ph.D admission 2021 application process is ongoing till March 24, 2021. Know More About IIM Ranchi Admissions 2021
IIM Ranchi Quick Facts:
- IIM Ranchi fee for MBA in total is INR 15.30 Lakhs That is comparatively less than other IIM institutes. IIM Ranchi offers Government sponsored scholarships on merit and need basis.
- IIM Ranch is at 10th position among top 30 public MBA institutes in Outlook ICARE 2021 survey. Check IIM Ranchi 2020 Ranking.
- For the MBA placement 2020, the average package offered to the student was INR 15.11 LPA.
- In the 2021 placement drive, there were 71 first time recruiters. 181 students accepted offers from 94 recruiters. Check IIM Ranchi Placement Report 2020
IIM Ranchi Courses, Fees & Selection Criteria
Following table provide details of available course and fee in IIM Ranchi:
|MBA||Duration: 2 years Eligibility: Passed bachelor’s degree. Selection: CAT + WAT / PI + Profile||INR 15.30 Lakhs|
|PGEXP||Duration: 18 months Eligibility: Professional degree holders. Selection: Work Exp + Written Test + PI||INR 12.70 Lakhs|
|Ph.D / Exec-Ph.D||Duration: 4 years Eligibility: Master’s / bachelor’s / professional degree. Selection: CAT / GRE / GMAT / GATE / NET / JRF + PI||No Fee, Tuition waiver, stipend INR 30K per month|
|CPGM||Duration: 15 months Eligibility: Passed bachelor’s degree. Selection: SOP / Application / Academic Qualifications / Assigned Profile||INR 3 Lakhs|
Click here IIM Ranchi Courses & Fees
IIM Ranchi CAT cut off 2020
IIM Ranchi cut off for MBA admission 2021 remained high at 94 percentile as compared to other top IIMs like IIM Calcutta, Bangalore, Lucknow and Ahmedabad. Check CAT 2020
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Verbal Reading Comprehension||Overall Percentile|
IIM Ranchi Ranking
IIM Ranchi managed to secure important ranks in surveys of different agencies in India.As per NIRF 2020 survey, IIM Ranchi is at 20th rank among top 75 institutes. The institute has jumped 8 ranks above from 28th rank of 2019 rank list in management category.
- In NIRF ranking, the score has increased to 55.97 from 51.02 in 2019.
- In OUTLOOK ICARE 2021 ranking, IIM Ranchi stands at 10th position with 87.41 overall score. Check IIM Ranchi Ranking
IIM Ranchi Batch 2020 – Class Profile
IIM Ranchi maintains the diversity in the MBA Batch profile as a tradition of the institute. The MBA batch of 2019-2021 has diverse academic diversity including students from engineering background to philosophy. The MBA HR batch includes 69% of engineering graduates. As compared to premier B-Schools of India, IIM Ranchi has balanced gender diversity in the MBA batch. The strength of female students consist of 42% of the total 281 students.
Check the table below for further information about MBA HR 2019 batch:
|Educational Background||Percentage of students enrolled|
IIM Ranchi Placement
IIM Ahmedabad Placement 2020 for many reasons was important due to Covid induced economic crisis, go through the important highlights of the season this year. For Details Check IIM Ranchi Placement Report
- Institute manages to attract 71 new recruiters with current industry requirement skills among 181 MBA and 67 MBA HR students.
- 41% offers have been made in the sales & Marketing sector with the highest CTC of INR 59.37 LPA.
- The Median Salary was INR 14.82 LPA and INR 18.54 LPA average CTC of Top 25%.
- In MBA HR, the highest CTC offered is INR 26.5 LPA and average CTC of 14.55 LPA.
IIM Ranchi Scholarships
IIM Ranchi Scholarship facilities are sponsored by the Government of India. Across various scholarship schemes of Ministries of Government of India. Following are some of the available scholarship that IIM Ranchi students can opt for:
- Post-matric Scholarship for PWD students
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students - Scholarship
Check: IIM Ranchi Scholarships
IIM Ranchi Faculty
IIM Ranchi Faculty members have 31 faculty members who have top notch experience in research fields and industry. Professores and faculty members like Prof Rohit Kumar, Prof Tata Sai Vijay, and Dr Pritee Ray are awarded by Innovation Cell of MHRD as a Recognition for Contribution to Institutions Innovation Council.
The faculty ratio of IIM Ranchi has increased. The institutes currently have 31 total faculty members with 23 full time faculty. The faculty students ratio stands at 1:9 which is certainly the most standardized ratio as compared to other IIMs. Check IIM Ranchi Faculty
IIM Ranchi FAQs
Ques. Does IIM Ranchi have a permanent campus?
Ans. No, IIM Ranchi has presently no permanent campus. Currently, it is imparting education through a temporary campus. However, its proposed campus has been allotted more than 100 acres of Land.
Ques. Can work experience be replacement of GRE/GMAT Score?
Ans. No, GRE/GMAT Score cannot be a replacement of work experience.
Ques. I am in a tech field with package of more than 10LPA. Should I study at IIM Ranchi?
Ans. According to one of the student of IIM Ranchi, ansewered originally on quora, you should not consider studying into IIMs unless you have pathetic life in Tech field and you are not happy with it. In his words, “Do not join any new IIMs unless you want to change your domain. Frankly, there is less chance even if you join a new IIM since the companies are still skeptically about these new marketing hubs.”
Ques. Which is better IIM Ranchi or MDI Gurgoan?
Ans. If you look into placement statistics, MDI is far more better than IIM Ranchi. But General public knows IIM word better than any other, but the people who've been recruiting know the reality. If you are interested in getting the feel good factor of being into an IIM for that reason, you can go ahead with it. There's absolutely nothing wrong in it. Totally depends on your priorities and preferences.