National Institute of Technology, Manipur was started in 2010. It is centrally funded institute and is one of the 10 newly set up NITs.
- Institute is named an Institute of National Importance by UGC
- Institute offers 3 undergraduate, 6 post graduate and 7 doctorate courses
- Admissions are based on JEE Mains
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Basic Sciences and Humanities
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Sports Week
- Robotics Club
- SPIC MACAY
- Library: Library has good collections books. It consists of 10116 books. Library also subscribes 24 magazines and a journal.
- Hostel: Institute has separate hostel for boys and girls.
- Ougri- It is three days cultural and technical festival which consist of various activities and games.