National Institute of Technology (NIT), Mizoram was established in the year 2010, as an autonomous university. NIT was formed under the NIT Act, 2007 having its courses affiliated under AICTE.
The University offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral level programs to the students. NIT Mizoram Admissions is based on the score received in JEE MAIN entrance examination.
Click here Cutoff
NIT Mizoram Highlights
Year of Establishment
Type of University
Mode of Application
Basis of Admission
Entrance Exam followed by Counseling
Chaltlang, Aizawl-796012, Mizoram, India
NIT Mizoram Courses
NIT Mizoram B.Tech Course
Bachelors’ in Technology is a 4-year undergraduate program, focused on creating future leaders in the field of I.T sector. The program is offered in a number of specializations as listed below:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Eligibility Criteria: Basis of score obtained in JEE Main examination.
Total Intake: 150
NIT Mizoram M.Tech Course
It is a 2-year postgraduate program, based on providing industry-based learning in the field of engineering. The course structure includes on the job training, group discussion, and theoretical knowledge.
Eligibility Criteria: Basis on the score received in the GATE examination.
Total Intake: 40
Check NIT Mizoram Fee Structure
NIT Mizoram Placement
The university consists of a well-structured placement cell, that helps the students get through the pre-placement process, paving a way for them to land in a secure well-paid job.
Some of the Top Recruiters of the university are:
- Tech Mahindra
Why Join NIT, Mizoram?
- Extra Curricular Activities: NIT not only focus singularly upon dissemination of information, but they also look forward towards the overall growth of students enrolled.
- Library: Library consists of 5000 books and e-journals from various media sources, entailing students with high-end classified information. It purchases various national newspapers like TOI, Telegraph, Newslink, Economic Times, Employment news and also magazines like India Today, Sports Star.
- Infrastructural Benefits: The university consists of well-lid classroom, training centres, auditoriums, and placement cell enabling students to get a hold of everything inside the campus.