Updated On - September 13th 2019 by SURBHI
King’s George Medical University (KGMU) is one of the renowned Medical Institutes in Northern India. The university is located in the heart city of the Uttar Pradesh state – Lucknow. The university was established in the year 1911 and recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) & Medical Council of India (MCI). Prof DK Gupta is the current principal of the university.
Check KGMU Admissions
King George Medical University Highlights
100,000 square meters
How to Reach
4.5 km from the railway station
King George Medical University Courses and Admission
|PGDM||UP State Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test or All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination|
|B.Sc in Nursing||Entrance Exam by University|
Also Check KGMU Fees Structure
King George Medical University Ranking
Body / Magazine
King George Medical University Scholarship
A scholarship is granted to those children, whose family income is less than 2 lakh per annum as per the central/U.P Govt. rules from time to time.
King George Medical University Facilities
- Library: The library is the hub of academic student life on campus. King George Medical University houses a spacious library, stocked with more than 35075 books, 2690 book banks and thousands of CDs, journals and reports. The KGMU library consists of a Central Library & separate Department Libraries to help students and faculties alike have easy access to the course and reference materials through a membership card.
- Hostel Facilities: The University provides separate accommodation for both boys and girls. Currently, there is 12 hostel block that accommodates more than 1000 students. All hostels comprise of the main office, security room, and a guest house.
- Medical Aid: on the campus, there is a student’s Health Care Centre. With a full-time Medical Superintendent and a team of qualified, efficient doctors who are always present in the healthcare center.
- Cafeteria: King George Medical University has one canteen with over 200 students seating capacity, with a very chill environment, where tea/coffee and various snacks options are available. On the other hand, canteen serves both veg and non-veg meals to their students/staff members.
- Computer Labs: King George Medical University recognizes the key role that IT plays in teaching as well as research. Therefore, IT is committed to providing computing facilities of the highest standards. A high-speed optical fiber network of 12 Mbps with wireless redundancy allows all students to access a range of services across our entire campus including all computer labs and student hostels.
- Sexual Harassment Complaint Cell: In the college premises itself, there is a gender sexual harassment cell, where students can complain about any mishappening or any other related problems.