- Utkal University of Culture is inviting applications for two 6 month course, starting from January and ending in June 2021. The two courses are Certificate Course in Jain Religion and Philosophy and Six Months Certificate Course in the Tamil Language. The last date to apply for the same is December 19, 2020.
Utkal University of Culture Admission 2021
|Application start date||November 20, 2020|
|Last date of application||December 19, 2020|
Utkal University of Culture is a public University located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha devoted for teaching, research, and education in the field of culture. It came into existence by virtue of an ordinance promulgated on 9 June 1999, which was later replaced by “Utkal University of Culture Act 1999’’. It was formed in order to engage itself to promote, propagate, preserve and protect the richness of our cultural values by way of making functional achievement through study, research, certification and enduring education. It was established as a teaching-cum-affiliating university.The college offers Undergraduate, Graduate, Diploma, and Doctoral courses for various disciplines in Arts, Design and Hotel management.
The UG programmes include courses like BPA, BFD, BID, BTD BFA, BTTM and BHM. The offers provided by the college at PG level are MPA, MTTM, MHM, MA, MVA. UUC, Bhubaneshwar reserves 80% seats for the General students, 22.5% seats for the Schedules Tribe (ST) section, 16.25% of seats for Schedule Caste (SC) Section and a part for PwD and Sports person as well.
Utkal University of Culture Highlights
|University Type||State University|
|Accredited By||Association of India Universities (AIU)|
|Recognised By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based and Entrance test based|
|Campus Area||45 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Research Centre, Canteen, Computer Centre, Shuttle Service, Auditorium, Music and Dance Room, Guest House|
|Gender Diversity||Co-Ed College|
Utkal University of Culture Courses
Utkal University of Culture offers BFD, BID, BTD, BPA, BFA, BTTM and BHM courses at the UnderGraduate level and offers MA, MVA, MPA, MTTM and MHM at the PostGraduate level. The university also offers PG Diploma courses and various certificate courses at UG and PG level. Additionally, the university offers a M. Phil and Ph.D programmes for various disciplines at the research level. Details about some of the top sought courses are given below:
|BFD||-||4 Years||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board||Merit obtained in 10+2|
|MA||Culture Studies||4 Years||Graduation in relevant course with 45%+ aggregate||On the basis of Aptitude Test and Viva Voce|
|South and South-east Asian Studies|
|Cultural Heritage and Conservation|
|Applied Art & Design|
|P.G Diploma||Animation||1 Year|
|Certificate Course||Jain Religion and Philosophy||6 Months||Graduation 10+2||Merit in the qualifying examination|
|M.Phil||Odissi Vocal||1 Year||MPA/ M.Mus./ MVA/ MFA degree in concerned subject with 55%+ aggregate||Performance in the Entrance Test and Viva Voce|
|Applied Art and Design|
Read more: Utkal University of Culture Courses and Fees
Utkal University of Culture Admissions 2020
BPA, BVA, BFD, BID, BTD, BTTM and BHM Admissions
- Utkal University of Culture offers 7 courses at the UG level. Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board to seek admission to any of the UG programs available in the university.
- Admission will be granted based on merit in 10+2 examination
MA, MVA, MPA, MTTM, MHM and PG Diploma Admissions:
- Students who wish to pursue these courses from the university must hold a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university with an aggregate of at least 45% marks.
- Admission will be granted on the basis of Aptitude Test and Viva Voce conducted by the university.
- Phil Admissions
- Candidates who wish to pursue M. Phil courses from the university must have a MPA or M.Mus. or MVA degree in the respected subject with an aggregate of minimum 55% marks.
- Admission will be granted based on performance in the entrance test conducted by the university and Viva Voce.
How to Apply ?
- You have to first visit the official website of Utkal University of Culture, Bhubaneswar.
- Then Click on ‘Admission’ and then click on ‘Online Application for Admission’.
- Fill all the particulars suitably in the application form.
- Pay an application fee of INR 300 through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Download and take a printout of the same.
- Send the duly filled application form with all the required documents to:
Chairman, P.G. Council, Utkal University of Culture, Sanskruti Vihar, Madanpur, Bhubaneswar – 752054
Read more: Utkal University of Culture Admissions 2020
Utkal University of Culture Facilities
- Guest House: The University has a facility to give residential provision to the distinct guests of the University
- Library: The Library established in 1999 has more than 10000 reference books and 1200 journals.
- Computer Centre: It is having a well-equipped computer centre.
- Hostel: There are 2 hostels in the university, one each for boys’ girls having 100 student capacity each. The hostels are supervised by the Superintendent and Asst. Superintendent and are coordinated by the Warden.
- Canteen: The University has a canteen right in the present campus which is at Madanpur delivering food to the students and employees on subsidised prices.
- Research Facilities: There are various scopes for research on multidisciplinary aspects in this University
- Transportation: The University offers transportation facilities for its new campus. Students, employees, and other admin to the University can make avail of this facility.
Read more: Utkal University of Culture Hostels
Utkal University of Culture Faculty
With an extremely experienced group of faculties working towards an overall development of students, the cooperative and helpful staff at UUC, Bhubaneshwar provides an extensive learning environment. Based under the guidance of Professor Ganeshi Lal (Governor of Odisha), Hon'ble Chancellor, Prof. (Dr.) Byomakesh Tripathy, Vice-Chancellor and the students are given a learning atmosphere by professors who have highly dignified degrees in multiple departments like Painting, Music, Dance, Applied Art, Linguistics and Sculpture studies.
Read more: Utkal University of Culture Faculty
Utkal University of Culture FAQs
Ques. What are the various cells/committees for the students?
Ans. The various cells are the Anti Ragging Cell, Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell and NSS Cell.
Ques. What is the hostel fee?
Ans. The hostel fee is INR 4000 per annum for both boys and girls.
Ques. What are the best student organizations or clubs to join at Utkal University?
Ans. You can join the college's student union club, red cross, dramatic club, etc.
Ques. Are there any grants given by the Utkal University?
Ans. Yes the college offers grants. They are
- C/ST/Women students of Utkal University of Culture and other University shall be exempted from tuition fee
- Blind students who practice Braille for studies/ hearing weakened and dumb students/orthopedically handicapped students with disability of further than 75% are excused for tuition fees and supplementary related fees
Ques. Can we go out of Utkal university hostel in Bhubaneswar?
Ans. Yes, you can go out of the hostel during your stay there. Every day, the hostel allows students to come back before the notified time in evening. Beyond that you may be allowed to be outside with special permission from the superintendent or deputy superintendent.