Uttarakhand Ayurved University was established by the Government of Uttarakhand as an autonomous body offering higher education in the Ayurved. It has ten colleges affiliated with it that offer courses in Ayurved, Unani and Homoeopathic.
Currently, UAU offers courses in BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, MD/MS in Ayurved and PhD in Ayurveda.
- Admissions to BAMS, BHMS and BUMS will be affected as per the merit ranks of candidates appearing in Uttarakhand Ayurved Pre-Medical Test (UAPMT). The entrance is conducted by UAU.
- Students must have passed their class 12th examination in subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate to be eligible to apply.
- Those interested in applying for PG courses of MS/MD in Ayurved should appear in All India Ayush Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIA-PGET).
- The educational eligibility for MD/MS is passing in BAMS degree from an Ayurvedic College recognized by Central Council of Indian Medicine.
- Admission will be given on available seats in graduate and postgraduate courses through counselling conducted by UAU on merit cum choice basis.
- The application will be made by registering for entrance tests and counselling in online mode on the official website of UAU/AIA-PGET.
- For admissions to PhD Ayurved candidates need to qualify for Research Entrance Test conducted by the University.
- As per the eligibility criteria, a candidate must pass their Master’s degree in Ayurveda, Unani, Homeopathy, Yoga, Siddha, Bio-Sciences and Sanskrit by securing minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade.
- The application to PhD will be invited in online mode as and when notified on the official website.
Read more: Uttarakhand Ayurved University Courses and Fees
Admission Highlights Table:-
|Name of the University||Uttarakhand Ayurved University|
|Type of University||Autonomous Government University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Name of Entrance||All India Ayush Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (AIA-PGCET)|
Uttarakhand Ayurved University, Dehradun Fees & Eligibility
|B.A.M.S||₹75,000 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|BHMS||₹1.1 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|M.D||₹1.5 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Post Graduation|
|M.S||₹1.5 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
UAU, Dehradun UG Admissions 2020
The college specialises in the discipline of Ayurved and offers Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS) and Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS). The duration of these courses in Five and a Half year including 12 months of compulsory rotatory internship.
Admissions are strictly done as per merit ranks secured by candidates in Pre-Medical Test conducted by the University. The selection of a course will be based on merit-cum-choice means. The allotment of seats will be done during University level counselling. Candidates in the merit list must participate personally by registering for counselling, document verification and confirm admissions.
Candidates seeking admissions will be held eligible as per given criteria:
|Course Name||Eligibility||Selection Process||Duration|
|BAMS||Passed 10+2 examination in subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate.||UAPMT merit ranks and counselling conducted by the UAU.||4 ½ year with 1-year compulsory rotatory internship|
- Candidates should have attained the age of 17 years on or before December 31 of the year of their admission to the first year of the course.
- The reserved category candidates will have 10% relaxation in academic eligibility.
- The counselling will continue in different rounds, subject to availability of seats.
- All eligible candidates must apply online for the entrance exam at the University website after the official advertisement is floated.
- Candidates with a physical disability like blindness, deaf and/or dumb will not be allowed for admission in the course.
UAU, Dehradun MD/MS Admissions 2020
At postgraduate level UAU offers MD/MS degree of three years duration in Ayurved only. All eligible candidates will be required to appear in AIA-PGET and counselling conducted by the University. The selection of candidates will be affected on the merit-cum-choice basis as per All India and State ranks published by the concerned authority.
To be eligible for admissions candidates must have completed their BAMS degree along with a one-year compulsory rotatory internship.
|Course Name||Specialisation||Eligibility||Selection Process|
|MD/MS||Ayurved||BAMS degree from a recognized college/institution.||AIA-PGET merit ranks|
- The bachelor’s degree should be recognized by Central Council of Indian Medicine.
- Candidates should be registered under any State/Central Council of Indian Medicine.
- AYUSH MD/MS AIAPGET 2018 is a single entrance examination conducted every year to determine all India ranking in Ayurved and related discipline.
- It’s a computer-based test conducted across various cities in India.
- Those who are completing their internship after counselling or likely to complete after counselling need not apply in AIAPGET as they will be held ineligible for admissions.
UAU, Dehradun PhD Admissions 2020
At research level the University course of PhD Ayurved in sixteen research specialisations. The selection to course will be done through Research Entrance Test conducted by UAU. The eligibility criteria will be as given below:
|Course Name||Specialisation||Eligibility||Selection Process|
|Ph.D||Shalya Tantra||Master’s degree in Ayurveda, Unani, Homeopathy, Yoga, Siddha, Bio-Sciences and Sanskrit with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade. For SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) Candidates, the minimum marks will be 50%.||Research Entrance Test conducted by the University.|
|Prasuti evam Stri roga|
- The admission merit will be in the order of:
- NET-JRF (or equivalent national test)
- Research Entrance Test.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR- JRF test or equivalent national test like ICMR JRF, DBT JRF etc. will be exempted from the Research Entrance Test and will be given direct admission.
- Those appearing in PG Final Year Examination may apply provisionally for the entrance examination.
- Regular teaching faculty member of the University/Affiliated colleges are eligible to apply only if they have served for a period of a minimum of 1 year as per University/State rules.
Uttarakhand Ayurved University (UAU) Application Process
All eligible candidates will be first required to apply for UG/PG entrance test on the concerned authorities’ official website in online mode only. After qualifying for the entrance exam each candidate is required to appear for counselling conducted by the University.
- Candidates applying for UG courses must apply at UAU official website by remitting an application fee of INR 3500/- (for General/OBC candidates) and INR 2500/- (for SC/ST/PWD candidates) using an online payment gateway.
- Application for appearing in the AIAPGET 2018 examination is invited online through website www.aiapget.com www.aiia.co.in www.ayush.gov.in
- The registration fee of INR 1250/- (for SC/ST/PWD candidates) and INR 1750/- (for General/OBC candidates) has to be remitted using a Credit Card/Debit Card or Internet banking.
- The allotment of seats to the eligible candidates will be made by the Counselling Board on physical presence, along with original documents as per the merit and choice of the course.
- The date and place of counselling are notified through website www.uau.ac.in.
- No intimation will be sent to the candidate by post or email.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to appear for counselling as per announced date.
- Applicants will have to deposit a registration fee of the requisite amount at the time of counselling through Bank Draft.
- To confirm the seat in a course a candidate is required to pay partial tuition fees by Bank Draft.
In each course, 50% of seats are reserved for Uttarakhand domicile candidates and remaining 50% seats for candidates from other states. Reservation under Uttarakhand seats will be as per rules of the Government. One seat in each institution will be reserved for Kashmiri Migrant.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College