Updated On - September 26th 2019 by PRATYASHA
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore was established by the Karnataka State Legislature Act of 1994. It is considered as one of the top Medical Institutions in India in terms of its curriculum matching with world standards. It is an affiliating university having numerous medical, dental and paramedical colleges under its jurisdiction. It imparts education in UG, PG and Research courses. Admission to the university courses is done on the basis of qualifying degree merit/ entrance examination marks.
Admission to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences is done through online application mode. Application forms are released online through the official university website, after the release of official notification by the University.
Candidates are required to obtain at least 50% marks in 10+2 in relevant discipline from a reputed board to take admission in UG courses. However, candidates having a graduation degree in relevant discipline with required marks are eligible for admission to PG courses. Applicants seeking admission to research programs should have a master degree.
Selection for UG courses is done through the merit of the last qualifying exam. At the same for admission to PG courses, applicants need to appear for an entrance exam. The university conducts different exams for different courses. An interview is usually conducted as well in the case of Ph.D. courses. Once the merit list of the entrance examination is released, candidates must complete verification of documents and payment of relevant fees for the admission to be processed completely.
Also, Check RGUHS Admission
RGUHS Courses and Eligibility
The university offers various UG, PG and Research programs in diverse fields of health sciences such as medical, nursing, dentistry, paramedical, pharmacy, physiotherapy, Unani and Ayurveda. Below mentioned is a brief about the same:
Below mentioned is the name of the courses offered by the college:
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||17 years as of 31st December||4-years and 1-year of Internship|
|Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)||4 ½ years |
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)|
|Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)||17 years as of 31st December and not older than 25 years||5½ years including a compulsory rotatory Internship|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)||-||4-years for regular and 3-years for lateral entry students|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)||-||-|
|Bachelor of Occupational Training (BOT)||17 years as of 31st December||4 ½ years including six months of internship|
Eligibility for UG Courses
- Passed 2 years Pre-university examination of pre-university board of Karnataka with PCB or PCMB as optional subjects and English (OR)
- Passed Intermediate examination in Science of an Indian University/Board/Council with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (OR)
- Shall have passed B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University (OR)
- Shall have passed pre-professional/ pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination.
A candidate must have passed individually in PCB and English with 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in the qualifying examination. In case of admission on the basis of a competitive entrance examination, the candidate must have secured not less than 50% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC) in PCM taken together in the entrance test.
Below mentioned are the postgraduate courses offered by the Medical college:
|Doctor of Medicine (MD)||3-years||Passed final year MBBS|
Completed one-year rotating Internship
|Master of Surgery (MS)|
|Master of Chirurgie (M.Ch)||MS Degree or its equivalent|
|PG Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dermatology, Venerology, Public Health, Radio-therapy and more||2 years||Passed final year MBBS|
Completed one-year rotating Internship
The selection process consists of a comprehensive entrance examination conducted by the university at the start of the month of June.
- The question paper is designed to test the aptitude of the candidates towards the relevant subject of study.
- Qualifying degree merit may also be considered.
- An interview may be conducted if deemed necessary by the University
The university offers doctorate-level courses in various disciplines. Some of them are Pathology, Orthopedics, E.N.T, Physiology, Neurology, Anatomy, Microbiology and more.
Eligibility: Master’s degree from RGUHS or any other recognized University with a minimum of 55% marks. S/he must be an Indian citizen.
Check RGUHS Fees Structure
Candidates can check their semester results by following the steps:
- Firstly, students should log on to the official website and navigate to tab “Results”
- Next, the candidate should click on the link “Candidate wise Results” in order to open the RGUHS college portal for results
- In the next window, a student should enter his/her registration number and select the Exam ID and click on the “View” button
- Candidate’s result is instantly displayed on the screen which they can download and take a print out of it for future reference
Click here RGUHS Results
Why Join RGUHS?
- Wide Range of Courses – The University offers courses in Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing & Physiotherapy. In addition, it also offers Unani, Homeopathy, Naturopathy & Yoga courses under different Government bodies including the Medical Council of India and UGC
- Admission through separate Entrance Test – The University conducts a separate entrance test for admission into it different graduate and postgraduate courses.
- Special Forum Session – The University is associated with 250 colleges in the state running similar courses. It organizes a special forum session for students so that they can discuss their queries in different topics and also exchange their thoughts on additional topics or projects.