Indian Institute of information technology Sri City, popularly known as IIITS, was established in the year 2013 by the government of Andhra Pradesh, MHRD and the Sri city foundation as a Not for profit Public Private Partnership.
IIITS is among the 91 institutions that are declared “Institutes of national importance” by MHRD. IIITS is a research-based institution that promotes research in the field of information technology to help the students tackle real-world problems. The institute is run in partnership by state and central government along with industry partners.
Following pie chart shows the funding contributions made for IIITS.
Type of institute
To know more about Hostel
IIITS Admissions and Courses
IIITS offers undergraduate program along with M.S and Ph.D. programmes with the specialization in the following in each programme:
- Computer science and Engineering
- Electronics and communication Engineering
IIITS offers a 4-year B-Tech programme with specialization in CSE and ECE
Computer Science and Engineering
- The curriculum of IIITS is similar to IIIT Hyderabad and leading American and European universities
- IIITS B-Tech admissions take place on the basis of JEE (Main) exam score conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- The institute takes in 200 students for the course.
- JoSAA decides the allocation of seats for the admission. IIITS has no say in the seat allocation.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- The institute admits 70 students in this course every year.
- IIITS Fee structure is quite reasonable and includes all expenses.
- Students can choose core courses in 1st and 2nd year and elective courses in their 3rd and 4th year.
- The institute focuses on providing fundamental as well as in-depth understanding of subject matter through the above division of curriculum.
- Master in science programme is a 2-year full-time course
- It is also available with specialization in CSE and ECE
- Applicants are invited for admission through advertisements published on the IIITS website
- Admissions to masters’ programme are based on the past academic performance.
- Ph.D. Programme with IIITS is a 3-year full-time course
- It comes with specialization in CSE and ECE
- Students get the opportunity to take admission in M.S and Ph.D. Programme twice in a year
- Admission takes place in monsoon and spring.
To know more about IIITS cut off
- IIITS’s first batch got placed in 2017 by many big names of the IT as well as other industries.
- Big companies such as Amazon, Hyundai, Finsol etc. participated in IIITS Placements
- Pre-final students get the opportunity to work as interns in summer internships for 3 months.
Following graph shows the placement package details for the year 2017
Students are placed in all sorts of industries including the following:
- Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Data Analytics
- IT Product and IT Services
- Numerous options are available to applicants under the IIITS Scholarships
- IIITS offers part-time job opportunities as research and teaching assistants as a means of financial aid to the students in need.
- Education loans are also made available as a part of “Central Sector Interest Subsidy Scheme.”
- Many state governments also provide Free Reimbursement Schemes for ST, SC, OBC students under the “Government Reimbursement Schemes”.
- Financial assistance is provided to ST students as a part of “National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education” scheme for ST students by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Gol.