Indian Institute of information technology Una (Saloh), popularly known as IIITU, was established in the year 2015 by the Central government of India and MHRD under the Public Private Partnership Act. MHRD, Govt. of India, Govt. of Himachal Pradesh, HP Transmission Corporation Limited, HP Power Corporation limited act as partners to the institute.NIT Hamirpur has been given the responsibility to mentor IIITU. Presently, IIITU is operating from the NIT Hamirpur campus until its new campus is fully set up in Una.
Type of institute
IIITU Admissions and Courses
IIITU offers a B-Tech programme with specialization in the following:
- Computer science and Engineering
- Electronics and communication Engineering
- Information Technology
Computer Science and Engineering
- The curriculum aims at providing specialized knowledge on subjects of computer science and information technology
- IIITU B-Tech admissions take place on the basis of JEE (Main) exam score conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- The institute takes in 60 students for the course.
- Students who have cleared class 12th in science stream with math, physics, and chemistry as compulsory subjects are eligible for the course
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- The institute admitted 60 students in this course for its 1st batch in the year 2018.
- Candidates who have scored minimum 75% in class 12th are eligible to take the JEE(Main) exam and further join the JoSAA counseling to get the admission.
- The institute allows a total of 40 students in this course.
- IIITU Fee structure for all 3 specializations is same.
- The institute ensures that students are exposed to up to date curriculum, technology, and techniques.
To know more about IIITU cut off
- Since the IIITU campus is still under construction and it has been operating from the NIT Hamirpur campus, IIITU Placements take place along with NIT Hamirpur placements.
- Both NIT Hamirpur and IIITU have common placement drives.
- 70% students of the 2018 batch got placed.
- They also provide research-based internships.
- Many need-based scholarships are a part of IIITU Scholarships to help poor students.
- Along with need-based scholarships, loan facility is also available.