Indian Institute of information technology Design and Manufacturing, Kurnool, popularly known as IIITDM-K, was established in the year 2015 by the Central government of India and MHRD.
The institute was formed to improve the competitiveness of Indian products in the global market by pursuing design and manufacturing oriented engineering education.
The institute aims at promoting innovation and research in their curriculum. This led to the formation of a programming club and to Ideation Sessions, first being held on 5th November 2016.
Type of institute
IIITDM Admissions and Courses
IIITDM offers a B-Tech programme with specialization in the following:
- Computer science and Engineering
- Electronics and communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
- It is recommended by Association for Computing Machinery.
- Along with engineering skills, the curriculum also focuses on teaching Hardware-Software interaction.
- IIITDM B-Tech admissions take place on the basis of JEE (Main) exam score conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- The institute admits 40 students for the course.
- Students who have cleared class 12th in science stream with maths, physics, and chemistry as compulsory subjects are eligible for the course
Electronics and communication Engineering
ECE programme offers numerous career options to the students. These are the following:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer hardware
- Aerospace Industry
- Computer software
- Nanoelectronic chips and Nanoengineering
IIITDM fee structure for all three specializations is same.
- It comes with a specialization in design and manufacturing which makes it much wider than the mechanical engineering courses in IITs.
- The curriculum involves graphic art practice and product design
- The student intake for this course is 40.
To know more about IIITDM cut off.
- Social service group of IIITDM organizes various eco-friendly activities such as campus cleaning, nursery plantation, and maintenance.
- IIITDM also organized Instyle in ‘Samgatha 2018’.
- IIITDM Programming club also organized ‘Hackerrank Programming contest’.
- It also organizes workshops where they teach the use of front-end technologies like HTML, CSS etc.