GLS University is a Private University that was established under the Gujarat Private Universities Act of 2009 and Gujarat Private Universities (Amendment) Act of 2015, on April 15, 2015, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The University that is approved by UGC, is sponsored by Gujarat Law Society since 1927.
GLS took a pioneering role by offering Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Research and Diploma programs in disciplines like Business Management, Computer Technology, Commerce, Business Administration, Education, etc.
Get detailed information on GLS University Admission Procedure
GLS University Highlights
April 15, 2015
Type of University
UGC, NAAC Grade ‘B’ Accreditation
Books – Over 50,000
Journals – 500 (National)
E-Journals - 3828
GLS Institute of Computer Technology (GLSICT)
GLS Institute of Business Administration (GLSIBA)
1 (Man Mandir Boys Hostel)
1 (Radha Krishna Girls Hostel)
How to Reach
13 Km from Ahmedabad Airport
5.7 Km from Ahmedabad Railway Station
5.2 Km from Dayanand Bus Stand
GLS University Courses and Admission 2019
Under GLS University Admission 2019, the university provides some excellent career-oriented courses with a sense to spread quality education among individuals via the following courses:
Passing 10+2 from Gujrat Board or recognized board/ council with min. 45% marks overall in the desired stream.
Merit-based – Marks acquired in HSC.
Passing 10+2 from any recognized board/ council.
Written Test + Personal Interview (including portfolio evaluation)
Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree with min. 50% marks.
Merit and Entrance test conducted by the University
Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
Entrance Based – CMAT exam followed by Counselling
Human Resource Management
HSC from recognized board/ council with min. 45% marks overall with English as a subject.
Human Resource Management
Bachelor’s degree with relevant commerce subjects from UGC recognized University or equivalent.
Graduation in Computer related programs – IT/ Eng. and Tech. or holds a certificate in PGDCA.
Scores obtained in the online test, interview and percentage of graduation
HSC from recognized board/ council with min. 45% marks in Eng./ PCM etc.
M.C.A – M.C.A. (Lateral)
Graduation with min. 50% marks in aggregate.
Based on CMAT entrance exam followed by counseling.
Master’s degree/ M.Phil. with min. 55% marks.
Written test, counseling, GD and PI round
Computer Applications and IT
Bachelor’s degree from UGC recognized University.
PGDCA – Merit followed by PI.
Click here to check GLS University Courses and Fees Structure
GLS University Faculties:
The university provides excellence in courses in varied specializations through many teaching faculties which are being run under the curriculum of the university are as follows:
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Computer Technology
- Faculty of Computer Applications & IT
- School of Doctoral Research & Innovation
- Faculty of Design
GLS University Placement:
GLS University will provide full placement support to its students in all areas of professional education. The key objective of the University is to create professionals with high ethical values who can work for the welfare of society. The Placement Model will be a systematic four-stage process having pre-placement activities, career counseling, placement driven implementation, and post-placement reviews from the recruiters. The placement cell also conducts various workshops such as communication workshops, personality development sessions, grooming activities, soft skill enhancement programs, etc., to improve the skills of the students. Top recruiters of the cell which visit the university’s campus recruiting session at frequent basis are Aegon Life Insurance, Angel Broking, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Bajaj Corp Ltd., Axis Bank, Brand You, Naukri.com, Pantaloons, Reliance Communication, Sales India, SBI Mutual Fund, HDFC Life, HDFC Bank, ITC Ltd, Induslnd Bank, Just Dial, and many more like them.
Click here GLS University Placement
GLS University Scholarships
- GLS University is offering a scholarship to the deserving and underprivileged sections of the society, especially the Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribe and Socio-economically backward class students.
- University has also progressed Merit-Cum-Means policy for bright and meritorious students.
- GLS University offers scholarships to the physically challenged students on case to case basis. The overall policy is to provide reservation in admission and assist financially to the needy students.
Why Join GLS University, Ahmedabad?
- The University’s aim is to create an excellent and most innovative learning platform by adopting various knowledge imparting methodologies. At GLS University, the modules are carefully designed to address the needs of a modern education system.
- The aim of the University is to create professionals and not just degree holders, and therefore the University encourages the students to work closely with the individual industries.
- GLS University has set up an International Relations Cell to launch and manage international relationships of the University. At present, the University has 17 foreign collaborations with leading academic institutions from across the globe to benefit its students and add value by imparting international immersion programs.