Maharaja Agrasen University (MAU), Solan, is a Private University located in Solan, Himachal Pradesh and was established in the year 2013. The University is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is recognized by The University Grants Commission of India (UGC). The university is envisioned to become an educational institution of the first choice of the students, teaching, and research community and be recognized for providing excellent opportunities for global success.
MAU offers various Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctorate Level courses in a wide variety of fields like Architecture & Design, Basic & Applied Sciences, Law, Management, Pharmacy, and Technology.
In addition to the main campus at Solan, the university also has the following Colleges:
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology
- Maharaja Agrasen School of Management
- Maharaja Agrasen School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- Maharaja Agrasen School of Law
- Maharaja Agrasen School of Pharmacy
- Maharaja Agrasen School of Architecture & Design
Know more about Maharaja Agrasen University Solan Admission Process
Maharaja Agrasen University Highlights
Type of University
UGC, AICTE, COA, BCI, PCI,
HP-PERC - H.P. Private Educational Institutions Regulatory Commission
AIU – Association of Indian Universities
How to Reach
11.6 KM (from Baddi Bus Stand)
66.7 Km (from Solan Railway Station)
48.6 KM (from Chandigarh International Airport)
Maharaja Agrasen University Solan Courses and Admission
Under Maharaja Agrasen University Solan Admission 2019, the university offers various Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctorate Level courses in the field of Architecture & Design, Basic & Applied Sciences, Law, Management, Pharmacy, and Technology. All the courses are being offered through the respective departments & colleges set up and managed by the university. Eligibility criteria is a subject to change as per the course and its specialization is chosen. Some of the main courses’ eligibility criteria are given below:
- For B.Tech Admission, a candidate has to provide a valid 10+2 pass certificate from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. A valid score in JEE(MAIN)/ HPCET is mandatory for seeking admission to the university. Lateral entry facility is also available in all the streams with a diploma in relevant stream holding a minimum of 50% marks.
- For M.Tech Admission, an aspirant should possess a relevant B.Tech degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. In addition, a valid score in GATE/ HPCET is mandatory for admissions.
- For MBA admission, any graduation from a recognized university with a min. of 50% of aggregate marks and a qualifying score in any of the entrance exams such as CMAT/ CAT/ MAT-AIMA/ HPCET.
- B.Arch admission is done on the basis of a pass certificate in 10+2 examination or equivalent with mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- For B.Pharm and D.Pharm admissions, an aspirant should possess a valid 10+2 certificate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics with a min. of 45% aggregate marks and a valid score in NEET/ HPCET entrance exams.
- A relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks is given to the reserved categories for admissions to all above-mentioned courses.
Know more about Maharaja Agrasen University Solan Fee Structure
Maharaja Agrasen University Solan Placement
Maharaja Agrasen University offers placement to all the candidates through their dedicated Placement cell. The placement cell provides all-around training and development programs to ensure that all the candidates are well placed by inviting top-notch elite and renowned companies in the recruiting sessions of the university. Some of the prominent recruiters which frequently visit the Placement Sessions of the Maharaja Agrasen University, Solan, are like Mankind, Reliance, HDB Financial Services, Huawei, Mahindra, yatra.com, and Tata Communications.
Know more about Maharaja Agrasen University Placement
Maharaja Agrasen University Solan Scholarships
Maharaja Agrasen University aims at providing best in class Education at the affordable fees. Being set up by a charitable NGO Maharaja Agrasen Technical Education Society (MATES), the University also works at providing various scholarships to the deserving candidates on the merit-cum-need basis. The main aim of MAU is making education easily accessible and affordable in order to promote higher studies in the country.
Get details on Maharaja Agrasen University Scholarship
Maharaja Agrasen University Solan International Collaborations
- Groupelnseec, France.
- Ghana Technology University College (GTUC), Ghana.
- Asia Pacific University, Malaysia.
- Dilla University, Ethiopia.
Maharaja Agrasen University Solan Facilities
The University provides many facilities to the students in order to ensure the ease factor by them during their stay at the campus. Some of the facilities given to students are listed below:
- State-of-the-Art Infrastructure: The university possesses an aesthetically designed working infrastructure for students, faculty members, and staff.
- Classrooms: The classrooms provided to the students are fully ventilated and spacious, equipped with a collection of Hi-Tech equipment, providing a distinctive environment for studies.
- Wi-Fi Campus: The campus is fully enabled with Wi-Fi internet facilities in order to provide uninterrupted 24Х7 internet access for the students and faculty members for making their learning experience better.
- Amphitheatre and Auditorium: The university owns an amphitheater and auditorium which helps in building students’ performances in a variety of artistic and other activities. The auditorium comes with a capacity of sitting 1,000 people at a time.
- Cafeteria: It comes with delicious meals and snacks keeping the quality standards at a high pace.
- Hostels: There are special provisions for accommodation facilities both for boys and girl students with all modern amenities and facilities.
- Gymnasium: The university premises are also equipped with separate workout stations as gymnasiums both for boys and girls in order to make their living healthy during their happily stay at the campus.
- Other Facilities: Apart from all ATM facilities and transportation facilities are also given to students for providing a better comfort zone to them.