IIM Bodhgaya, earlier named IIM Bihar, is the 16th IIM in the family of IIMs, mentored by IIM Calcutta. IIM Bodhgaya is placed 24th among the B-Schools in India by The Week 2020 rankings. Check IIM Bodhgaya Ranking. The flagship program of the institute is the Postgraduate Program program offered in various specializations. IIM Bodhgaya admissions for the MBA/ PGP are based on CAT exam score, PI, and Profile of the candidate. The CAT cut off for the year 2021 is set for 93 percentile for all candidates and 87 percentile for the female candidates.
IIM Bodhgaya Admission Updates:
- The IIM Bodhgaya selection criteria 2021 will include CAT score (40%), PI (30%), and Profile weightage (30%).
- The shortlisting of the candidates for the PGP 2021 program has been completed. Check IIM Bodhgaya Shortlist status
- Different phases for the PI round will start from February 15, 2021.
- For candidates, who could not qualify the CAP 2021 will get another chance through the Supplementary Admission Process (SAP 2021). The performance of the candidate in WAT & PI of CAP 2021 and SAP 2021 would be considered for preparing the merit list.
Why IIM Bodhgaya?
- The institute has added 30 seats for female candidates. Earlier the intake capacity at IIM Bodhgaya was 150 seats, now it has increased to 180.
- The placements at IIM Bodhgaya has seen a good appraisal this year. The highest CTC went up to INR 20 LPA which was INR 16 LPA in the 2019 placements.
- Also, the average CTC offered to the top 20% of students reached INR 15.65 LPA which was INR 12.16 LPA. Check IIM Bodhgaya Placements 2020
- IIM Bodhgaya is one of the few IIMs involving SAP in their admission process.
- The student to faculty ratio at IIM Bodhgaya is 10:1 and the faculty members belong to old IIMs holding Ph.D. degrees in their relevant fields. Check More IIM Bodhgaya Faculty Profiles
- IIM Bodhgaya is in collaboration with ESC Clermont Graduate School of Management (France), Montpellier Business School (France), Alba Graduate Business School (Greece), SolBridge International School of Business (South Korea), Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administracion (Venezuela), the University of Florence (Italy), University De Monterrey (UDEM, Mexico), etc.
- IIM Bodhgaya is the third IIM to start Integrated Program in Management (IPM) after IIM Indore and IIM Rohtak.
IIM Bodhgaya Courses
|PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management)||55% aggregate marks in Graduation + Valid GMAT or CAT score
Specializations: Business Communication, Human Resources, Public Policy & Management, Finance, and Marketing
|Total fees: INR 10 Lacs|
|PGP (Postgraduate Program)||55% aggregate marks in Graduation + Valid GMAT or CAT score
Specializations: Quantitative Methods & Operations Management, and IT & Decisions
|Total Fees: INR 10 Lacs|
|PGPB (Post Graduate Program in Business)||55% aggregate marks in Graduation + Valid GMAT or CAT score
Specialization: Business Analytics for Decision Making
|Total fees: INR 10 Lacs|
|IPM (Integrated Program in Management)||60% aggregate marks in 10+2/ XII/ HSC||Total Fees: INR 12 Lacs|
Read More: IIM Bodh Gaya Fees
IIM Bodhgaya MBA
Students completing 2-year flagship PGP in management are awarded an MBA degree by IIM Bodhgaya. The course fee for the IIM Bodhgaya MBA program is a total of INR 10 Lacs which is affordable and very less compared to other IIMs. The 10 Lacs of amount covers Tuition, Library, Internet, Case Permission Royalty, Course Material, Hostel Room Rent, Medical Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, and Alumni Activity. Check IIM Bodhgaya Loan Facility
The program is ranked 24th by The Week 2020 amongst top management institutes in India. IIM Bodhgaya MBA gives 100% placement to students for both final and summer placements. With INR 10 Lacs of fees, the students get an average CTC of INR 11 LPA. For summer internships, the average stipend received is INR 50,000.
The curriculum of the course involves the latest trends in Operations such as Healthcare Operations and Waste Management which is very helpful for the students choosing careers in such fields.
IIM Bodhgaya MBA Cut off 2021
IIM Bodhgaya has released separate cut-offs for the male and female candidates for the 2021 admissions. The table below show the sectional and overall cut off for the same:
|For Male Candidates|
|For Female Candidates|
IIM Bodhgaya Class Profile 2020
The gender profile of the IIM Bodhgaya includes 66% male students and 34% female students. The class profile involves 74% fresher students with no work experience while 14% of the students have 1-12 months of experience. The chart below shows the academic background of the students in the batch of IIM Bodhgaya MBA 2020:
IIM Bodh Gaya Placement
The B-school has a strong placement cell that offers a variety of career opportunities to the students in various sectors. It also organizes pre-placement talks, seminars, mock interviews to ready the students for the professional world.
IIM Bodh Gaya Placement Report
|No. of students participated||42|
|Total No. of offers made||46|
|Total companies participated||21|
|Average CTC||INR 10.9 LPA|
|Highest CTC||INR 24 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 10.6 LPA|
In the final placement drive, students were offered job roles in profiles like Marketing Sales, Brand Management, Wealth Management, Project Management, Corporate Strategy, Operations & Logistics, Business Analyst, etc.
The maximum roles offered were in the BFSI sector and the very less students were placed in Security profiles. The chart below shows function-wise placements of IIM Bodhgaya students:
Some of the prominent recruiters of the Institute include Reliance Groups, State Bank of India, Kotak Mutual Fund, VLCC, BYJUs, Airtel, Yes Bank, DS Group, BIBA, Capital Trust, Shree Cement Limited, etc.
Also, there has been good growth in the CTCs offered this year, every range of salary package has seen a rise in the amount offered:
|Average CTC||INR 11.02 LPA||INR 10.9 LPA|
|Highest CTC||INR 20 LPA||INR 16 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 10.5 LPA||INR 10.6 LPA|
|Average CTC for top 20% of students||INR 15.65 LPA||INR 12.16 LPA|
|Average CTC for top 50% of the students||INR 13.37 LPA||INR 12.2 LPA|
Check: IIM Bodh Gaya Placements
IIM Bodhgaya NBFA
IIM Bodhgaya provides Need-Based Financial Assistance (NBFA) to PGP students. NBFA scheme provides financial assistance based on the family income of student as below:
|Candidates having Family income||Eligibility (%)|
|Up - to 1.5 Lakh Per Annum||100%|
|More than 1.5 Lakh up to 3 Lakh Per Annum||75%|
|More than 3 Lakh up to 5 Lakh Per Annum||50%|
|More than 5 Lakh up to 8 Lakh Per Annum||25%|
Under NBFA, the Family means self, spouse, and both the living parents for the purpose of computing the income of the Family.
IIM Bodhgaya Scholarships
IIM BG provides the following scholarships to its students pursuing various courses:
|Scholarship Name||Awarded by||How to avail?|
|Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Castes Students||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment||Click Here|
|Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Tribes Students||Ministry of Tribal Affairs||NA|
|Merit-cum means based scholarship scheme belonging to the minority communities||Ministry of Minority Affairs||Click Here|
|Scheme of Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities||-||Click Here|
IIM Bodh Gaya FAQs
Ques. Which college is better, IIM Sirmaur or IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. The table below shows a comparison of the two institutes:
|Particulars||IIM Sirmaur||IIM Bodhgaya|
|NIRF Rankings 2020||-||-|
|Average CTC||INR 11.8 LPA||INR 11.02 LPA|
|Highest CTC||INR 26 LPA||INR 20 LPA|
|CAT Cut off||93||93|
Ques. How is the study environment at IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. IIM Bodhgaya is mentored by IIM Calcutta and delivers the best faculty members who belong to the old IIMs. The visiting faculties of the institute come from IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Ranchi, and IIM Indore.
The classroom at IIM Bodhgaya involves Case Study discussions, Group Projects, and Individual assignments. The second-year students are always willing to help first-year students in Case studies, CV & Resume writing, extra curricular activities within the campus.
The regular guest lectures at the institute are by the leading industry experts which build a Global Perspective among the students at IIM Bodhgaya.
Ques. What are the factors considered for the final admission at IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. The final merit list of IIM Bodhgaya for the MBA admissions include CAT score, PI marks, and the profile of the student:
- CAT score: 40%
- WAT & PI: 30%
- Written Ability Test (WAT): 10%
- Personal Interview (PI): 20%
- Profile: 30%
- Academic Profile: 12%
- 10th Standard: 4%
- 12th Standard: 4%
- Graduation: 4%
- Work Experience: 12%
- Diversity: 6%
- Academic Profile: 12%
Ques. What are the questions asked in the interview round?
Ans. The panel at the interviewer asks questions related to your career choices, work place, work profile, and general awareness. A few of the examples of the questions asked are as follows:
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Why MBA?
- What are your key skills/ greatest strengths?
- Where do you see yourself five years down the line?
- What are your short-term/long-term goals?
- What are your future plans in terms of your job?
- What were your job roles?
- Would you like to keep working in the same company after your MBA?
- What have you learned through your previous experiences?
- What is inflation? What are the causes of inflation?
- What is GDP?
- What is global warming?
Ques. Is there a reservation criterion at IIM Bodhgaya?
Ans. IIM Bodh Gaya reserves seats for the following categories per the rules of government:
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
Ques. How is the life of a student at IIM Bodh Gaya?
Ans. The Institute provides hostel facilities with single sharing rooms with housekeeping staff to regular clean rooms. The academic block of the Institute constitutes fully air-conditioned classrooms and are equipped with projectors.
Ques. Is IIM Bodh Gaya worth joining?
Ans. Being the new IIM, it has proved itself worthy and keeping up the brand value. In 2018, all the students got placed and it has secured 100% summer placement. Under the guidance of IIM-C faculties, the institution has marked 44% growth in summer placement. IIM Bodhgaya has visiting faculties from IIM Ahmedabad, IIM-Calcutta and all other IIMs and non-IIMs.
Ques. How in the hostel facility at IIM Bodh Gaya?
Ans. IIM Bodh Gaya hostel has all the necessary facilities like 24 hrs power supply, internet via wifi and LAN both, washing machines, geysers, and watercoolers, mess facility which will run in the late night also. For entertainment purposes, the students have a common room with TV, carrom boards, chess boards, LAN games, etc.