IIM Sambalpur PhD Registration 2021 are ongoing, eligible candidates can register before April 15. The Application Process is completely online and candidates in the final year can also apply. IIM Sambalpur considers CAT/ GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF (UGC/CSIR) score for PhD shortlisting. The Overall & sectional CAT Cutoff is 80% & 65% respectively. For final admission, PI will be conducted in April 2021.
IIM Sambalpur PhD Key Details
- IIM Sambalpur PhD Registration portal will be open till April 15, 2021. Apply Now.
- CAT score of 2018, 2019, 2020 is valid for IIM Sambalpur Ph.D Admission.
- Candidates with GRE/GMAT sectional percentile 65 and GMAT overall percentile 80 are eligible for the shortlisting process of PI.
- After shortlisting, all selected candidates concurred via email. Check IIM Sambalpur Admission
- Final selection list will be declared as per merit in components Test Score, Personal Interview, Academic Qualification and Relevant Work Experience.
- Research Aptitude & Publications and Reference Letter will also be considered for the final selection process.
IIM Sambalpur PhD Admission Deadlines 2021
|Last date of application
||April 15, 2021
|Shortlist For personal Interview
||To be Notified
||To be Notified
|Final Merit List
||To be Notified
IIM Sambalpur PhD Fees & Eligibility
IIM Sambalpur provides a full tuition fee waiver to the selected Ph.D students. The fellowship support of the institute covers all required expenses related to the research programs during 4 years.
IIM Sambalpur Eligibility
- Candidates must have passed any Master’s degree or PG Diploma (2 Years) or Integrated (Dual) Degree from ITs/IIMs/Other reputed top 50 Institutions/ Universities from NIRF Ranking 2020, in any stream with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate
- Or, Must have completed B.E/ B. Tech/ B. Sc. Engineering/ B. Arch with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 on a scale of 10 or equivalent
- Or, Must have a professional qualification like CA/ICWA/ CS with B. Com degree with at least 55% aggregate
- 5% relaxation of minimum marks for SC/SC/OBC.
- Candidates more than 40 years as on June 1st 2021 are not eligible.
Check IIM Sambalpur Course & Fees
IIM Sambalpur PhD Admission Process & Criteria
IIM Sambalpur follows a distinctive PhD selection process. Aspirants must have minimum cut off marks in standard tests for consideration in the shortlisting process.
- Admission criteria for the selection process is a valid score of CAT 2018, 2019 & 2020/ GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF (UGC/CSIR). Other standard test scores are valid for 2 years.
- Candidates must have the following minimum overall and sectional cut off of the applicable Test:
- All JRF-UGC/CSIR Qualified are considered for the shortlisting process.
- Ph.D committee will decide the number of candidates to be called for PI as per each category and Specialization wise merit list.
- After Personal interview, committee declare final merit list based on 6 components:
- Test Score
- Personal Interview
- Academic Qualification
- Relevant Work Experience
- Research Aptitude & Publications
- Reference Letter
Note: Candidates with full-time PGP programme /Integrated Programme in Management of IIMs/Institutions/Universities in NIRF 2020 top 50 Ranking are exempted from Standard Test Score requirement. However, such candidates must have a minimum CGPA of 6.00 and above in the 10.00 scale.
IIM Sambalpur Ph.D Fellowship & Stipend
- Comprehensive fellowship: This grant fellowship amount covering academic expenses including library, tuition, computer, medical insurance, alumni fees,and placement.
- Monthly Stipend: Under Slab A, scholars in first and second years get INR 35000 Per month. Under Slab B, INR 40000 Per month is offered after TAC approves the thesis proposal till 4 years.
- Contingency Allowance: INR 50000 per year granted to cover research expenses including photocopies and books.
- Students are also offered a maximum amount of INR 1.75 Lakhs for presenting paper in inetrnation/ational/summer/workshop.
Check IIM Sambalpur Scholarship
IIM Sambalpur Ph.D Program Details – Curriculum
IIM Sambalpur Ph.D Program is expected to be completed by four years and consist of maximum two year coursework. IIM Sambalpur offers 7 specialisations in Management discipline. The Ph.D course consist of two phrases:
- Course Work: IIM Sambalpur include four type of course in coursework such as Master of Business Administration (MBA) Programme - level courses, General Core Courses, Domain-Specific Courses, and Course of Independent Study (CIS). Comprehensive Examination is conducted at the end of second year comprising written and viva examination.
- Thesis Work: After qualifying Comprehensive Examination, students start thesis work in further five stages:
- Thesis Work Registration Process
- Constitution and Approval of the Thesis Committee
- Defense of Thesis Proposal
- Thesis Submission and Examination
- Pre-thesis Submission Defense
The available specialisations are:
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
- Finance & Accounting Management
- Production and Operation Management
- Policy & Strategic Management
- Information System Management
- Marketing Management
Note: Candidates with PGDM/PGP from any of the IIMs or MBA from IITs / FMS Delhi / NITIE or MBA /PGDM from any top 50 institutes as per NIRF ranking, will get waiver from first year coursework.
Ques. Is admission process for Executive Ph.D and regular Ph.D same at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for executive Ph.D is the same as for Ph.D excluding minimum 5 years full time managerial/executive/professional experience requirement. For admission criteria, Candidates need to give IIMSAT if they do not have a valid CAT/GMAT/GRE score. Other processes are same as regular Ph.D admission at IIM Sambalpur.
Ques. How is the Ph.D Admission process of IIM Sambalpur different from other IIMs?
Ans. IIM Sambalpur unlike other IIMs declare standard test score cut off for PI shortlisting process. Candidates with JRF qualification usually get a direct call for PI round. However, IIM Raipur trends to have a similar admission policy for Ph.D programs.
Ques. Are Ph.D aspirants allowed for regular admission with IIMSAT score?
Ans. No, IIMSAT score is not valid for full time Ph.D aspirants. Candidates with CAT 2018, 2019, and 2020 scores or GRE/GMAT/UGC-CSIR RF qualification within the last two years are eligible for the admission process.
Ques. How IIM Sambalpur shortlist Ph.D candidates for PI?
Ans. IIM Sambalpur shortlist candidates with minimum overall and sectional cut off in GAT/GRE/GMAT test. The merit list of such candidates is prepared under each specialization and category wise. Ph.D committee decided the number of candidates to be called for Ph.D round under each category and specialisation. If the actual number is more the decision, the overall and sectional cut off is increased.
Ques. Are CSIR-UGC NET qualified candidates eligible for IIM Sambalpur Ph.D?
Ans. No, IIM Sambalpur only shortlisted candidates with JRF -CSIR/UGC for PI round. As per minimum admission criteria, minimum cut off score of CAT/GRE/GMAT or JRF qualification is mandatory for the shortlisting process.