IIT, Bhilai is an autonomous institute which was established in the year 2016 by Ministry of Human Resource Development. The university started in the temporary campus housed at Government Engineering College Raipur. The institute is provided with 470-acre land for establishing a permanent campus of IIT Bhilai. IIT Bhilai is mentored by IIT Hyderabad. IIT Bhilai offers Bachelors of Technology (BTech), Masters of Technology (MTech) and Doctoral programs (Ph.D.) in various departments. The Institute made its modest start with the introduction of BTech program in August 2016. The Institute is currently offering BTech and MTech programs in the departments of Computer Science and Engineering. Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering and Ph.D. program in the departments of Chemistry, Computer Science, and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering and Physics.
IIT, Bhilai Highlights
Type of University
Cafeteria, medical centers, banks, hostels, mess, common rooms, lecture hall, labs
Departments at IIT Bhilai
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Liberal Arts
IIT, Bhilai Courses and Eligibility Criteria
IIT, Bhilai Undergraduate programme
- IIT Bhilai offers 4-year, full-time B.Tech course as an undergraduate programme.
- The institute offers B.Tech in three core specializations: computer science engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering with an intake of 40 students in each specialization.
- The seeking admission in B.tech programme must have passed 10+2 with PCM as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
IIT, Bhilai Postgraduate Programme
- IIT Bhilai offers 2-year, full-time M.Tech course as a postgraduate programme in three specializations which are computer science engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering.
- The students who have completed graduation with relevant percentile from a recognized university are eligible for the programme.
IIT, Bhilai Doctorate Programme
- IIT, Bhilai offers full-time Ph.D. programme in Chemistry, Civil Engg., Computer Science & Engg., Electrical Engg., Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics and Interdisciplinary research areas.
- The students seeking admission in the Ph.D. programme must have completed undergraduate and postgraduate programme form a recognized university.
Know more about IIT, Bhilai Courses & Fees
IIT, Bhilai Admissions
- Admission to IIT Bhilai is given to the candidates who have qualified the Joint Entrance Exam (Advanced).
- After the merit score and counseling session, the students selected for the undergraduate programme.
- The selection will be done depending upon the minimum JEE-Advanced cut-off.
- Admissions are conducted through centralized admission process by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
Know more about IIT, Bhilai Admissions
Why IIT Bhilai?
- IIT, Bhilai is a dream destination for the students.
- It’s a safe and secured campus for students.
- The institute is equipped with all the latest technology needed for education.
- The institute offers clear understanding and practical knowledge.
- The faculty at IIT Bhilai is focussed on the overall development of students.
- IIT, Bhilai focuses not only on studies but it also gives equal importance to extra-curricular activities. Thus there are different activity clubs for different extra-curricular activities.