University of Engineering and Management (UEM) Kolkata was established in the year 2014 by the Act No. 25 of 2014 of Government of West Bengal. The Institute is approved by UGC, AICTE and is accredited with ‘Grade A’ by NAAC. UEM is promoted by Institute of Engineering and Management Trust (IEM). It offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral courses in Engineering, Management, and Science.
Get More Details About UEM Kolkata Admission
Check WBJEE Cut-off
UEM Kolkata Courses and Eligibility
B.Tech, B.Tech+M.Tech, B.Tech+MBA
The applicant should have scored 60% marks in 10th and 12th and must have PCM in class 12th.
WBJEE/JEE Main/IEMJEE score.
The candidate must have obtained 50% marks in class 10th and 12th.
The candidate must have scored 50% marks in 10th and 10+2 with Mathematics/Computer Applications/Business Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects in 10+2.
The applicant must have acquired 60% marks in class 10th and 12th and must have studied Mathematics/Statistics at 10+2 level.
The candidate must have scored 50% marks in class 10th, 12th, and Graduation.
CAT/MAT/WBJEMAT/IEMJEE or any other state or national level examination.
The applicant must have obtained 60% marks in class 10th, 12th, and Graduation.
The candidate must have done BCA/B.Sc (CS/IT/Computer Application) with 60% marks.
WBJECA/IEMJEE or any other national or state level examination.
B.Tech/M.Sc/MCA with 60% marks in relevant subjects.
GATE/PGET/IEMJEE or any other national or state level examination.
The candidate is required to score 50% marks with relevant subjects in class 10th, 12th, and Graduation.
The candidate must hold B.Sc degree with 60% marks in relevant subjects.
UEM Kolkata Ph.D. Course Eligibility
UEM offers Ph.D. in Engineering, Management, and Science through the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should hold a Master’s degree in any discipline from UGC recognized University with 60% marks or
- The candidate who has obtained a postgraduate diploma of two-year duration or more is also eligible to apply to Doctor of Philosophy program.
- The candidate has to clear entrance exam conducted by the University.
Get details on UEM Kolkata Fee Structure
UEM Kolkata Scholarship
The University awards the scholarship on the basis of marks obtained in class 12th and Graduation. UEM offers 100%, 50% and 25% scholarship for postgraduate programs and to continue availing these scholarships, a student has to secure a seat in 5% or 10% of the merit list of the semester.
Check Eligibility for UEM Kolkata Scholarship
UEM Kolkata Placement
Placement summary of the University of Engineering & Management (UEM):-
- Total number of job offers:- 338 to eligible 245 students
- Students with 6 job offers:- 1 - Adarsha Chatterjee
- Students with 4 job offers:- 4 - Debjit Mukherjee, Tamalika Ghosh, Suman Mandal, Yashraj Nareda
- Students with 3 job offers:- 14
- Students with 2 job offers:- 48
- Students with 1 job offer:- 178 (all eligible candidates)
- Highest salary:- Rs 10 lakhs per annum offered to 2 candidates
- 2nd highest salary:- Rs 9 lakhs per annum offered to 5 candidates
Check Details About UEM Kolkata Placement
UEM Kolkata Ranking and Awards
- Most Innovative Private University, Innovative Education Award by DNA News Group, BBC News 2017.
- Best Educational Institute in Engineering, The Golden Globe Tigers Award 2017.
- Award for Quality in Education in National Education Awards by ABP News 2017.
- Most Trusted University of the year, International Education Awards 2017.
- Education Excellence Award by 24 Ghanta News and Zee Network.
- UEM Kolkata won ‘AAA’ category first 10 institutes among all institutes of India - NPTEL Program.
- UEMCON 2016 was conducted by UEM Jaipur and UEM Kolkata in Columbia University, New York, USA, in association with IEEE New York, IEEE USA and IEEE Region 1.
- UEM Kolkata student stood first amongst all students of India including IITs and NITs in NPTEL program.
Why Join UEM Kolkata?
- University of Engineering and Management is established by the most reputed educational group IEM.
- UEM provides the best placement opportunities to the candidates.
- UEM provides international exposure and invites experts from global institutions.
- UEM organizes seminars and workshops to make students gain practical experience in gadgets and robotics.
- UEM aims to achieve excellence in research, publications, and innovations.