Kalinga University, established in 2013, has crossed the enrollment of over 7000 students from countries namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Nigeria, South Korea, and Uganda. The university is amongst 50 universities established after 2000. Kalinga University offers UG, PG, and Doctoral courses in streams such as Arts, Education, Computer Science, Technology, Management, Engineering, Commerce, etc. It invites admission for both national and international applicants. Admission to all the courses at Kalinga University is through KALSEE, conducted by Pearson VUE for the university. The application process for admission is online with an application fee of INR 1000.
Kalinga University Highlights
|Established | Type||2013 | Private|
|Recognized by||NCTE, PCI, BCI, AICTE, and UGC|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Facilities||Classrooms, Computer Labs, Library, Laboratories & workshops, E-learning rooms, etc.|
|Highest CTC | Average CTC||INR 10 LPA | INR 2.83 LPA|
|Top recruiters||BYJU’s, Karvy Stock Broking Pvt. Ltd., Nestle, Eteam INC, Pin Click Management Pvt. Ltd., etc.|
|Scholarship||Yes, to meritorious students and students from special categories|
Kalinga University Courses
KU, Chhattisgarh offers courses in undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma programs. Some of the major courses are B.A., B.A(LLB), B.Tech, M.Tech, MJMC, MBC, etc.
|Humanities & Social Services||B.A. B.Ed, B.Lib.Sc, and BSW||M.A. M.Ed, M.Lib.Sc, and MSW|
|Law||BA.LLB, and LLB||LLM|
|Mass Communication & Media||BJMC||MJMC|
|Interior Design, Fashion Design||B.Sc||-|
|Medicine & Health Science||B.Pharm||M.Pharm|
|Commerce, Finance & Accounting||B.Com, B.Com (Hons), and BBA||M.Com, MBA, and PGDM|
|Law||LL.B, BBA LL.B, BA LL.B||LL.M|
Kalinga University Engineering
The University offers several specializations in B.Tech. Additionally, the university also offers an M.Tech program at the PG level.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the engineering program at UG level is 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates).
- Whereas, at the PG level the minimum eligibility to apply is a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant subject.
Kalinga University MBA
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the Management program at the UG level is 10+2 with English. At the PG level, minimum eligibility to apply for the MBA program is Graduation.
Kalinga University Law Courses
LPU offers BA+L.L.B / BBA+L.L.B/ L.L.B at the undergraduate level and L.L.M at the Postgraduate level.
- For BA+L.L.B/ BBA+L.L.B, the candidate must pass 12th with minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates) and for L.L.B, 45% (40% for reserved category candidates) in any Bachelor’s Degree.
- For L.L.M, a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 45% marks.
Kalinga University Ph.D. Admissions
The university offers a Ph.D. degree. The minimum eligibility to apply is a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks, subject to qualifying NET/ GATE/ SLET/ SET.
Click here Kalinga University Courses
Kalinga University Admissions
Kalinga University, Chhattisgarh provides a wide range of choices of courses for undergraduate and postgraduate aspirants. Admission to all the courses is based on the merit system. Candidates should secure minimum eligibility to apply for the University. The Admission procedure is
- Kalinga University admission forms are available on their official website (www.kalingauniversity.ac.in) or candidates can get the forms in person from the administration office of KU, they need to register themselves through any procedure.
- Submit the application fee online or offline in the name of Kalinga University Raipur.
- Candidates must attach the required documents with self-attested with the form.
- In the month of May-June every year, Kalinga University results will be released.
Read about Kalinga University Admission
Kalinga University Scholarships
KU, Chhattisgarh offers the following scholarships:
- Social Scholarships
- Merit Scholarships
- Achievers Scholarship
- Sibling Scholarship
- Ward of Kalinga University Teachning and Non-Teaching Staff
Read more about Kalinga University Scholarships
Kalinga University Affiliations
Kalinga University is affiliated (approved) by the following authorities:
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Government of Chattisgarh (C.G Government)
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
- Educational Opportunity Association (EOA)
- The Bar Council of India (BCI)
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Ph.D. Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Vigyan Prasar
- Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Kalinga University Placements
The main objectives of the Training and Placement development of KU are to provide guidance to all the aspirants and support them to achieve their goals. The following steps the cell takes as per the requirements are:-
- Soft skill development is given to the students
- Academic programs are been delivered
- Aptitude test
- Group discussion
- Students are introduced to job oriented courses by the training officers.
Kalinga University also organizes guest lectures, such lectures are delivered by the recruiters where they introduce their company and the work they expect from a student to do.
Major recruiters: Tata Motors, SAIL, Max Healthcare, Jindal Steel & Power, Global Logic, Force Motors, and many more.
Kalinga University Awards & Accolades
- Recognized as an upcoming Indian University in International Education by Global India Education Forum at Geneva (Switzerland) in 2018.
- Kalinga University is ranked 30th among top universities established after the year 2000.
- 4th rank in Business School ranking of Competition Success Review.
- 9th state private university granted 12 B status for research and innovation by UGC.
- 3rd rank in Engineering colleges in the rankings of Competition success review.
- 44th rank in top 50 Private State Universities by Outlook-ICARE India in its University Rankings for 2019.
- Top university in innovation award by CSR 2020.
- Best research & innovation university by Global leaders awards 2019.
- Best private university in central India by Assocham. It is a National Education Award 2020.
Kalinga University FAQs
Ques. What should the candidate do if he/she does not have the scorecard available with him/her & not even available on the internet?
Ans. In case if the student is unable to present a valid scorecard at the time of registration, he/she will have to furnish an affidavit/undertaking that she/he will submit the appropriate score details & documents within 60 days from the start date of the Course. Till then, the student will be given admission on a provisional basis.
But if the student does not show up with the required scorecard after the given time then, she/he will not be allowed to appear in the 1st Examinations and the candidate will be canceled without refund.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of Registration at Kalinga University?
Ans. The documents required for UG & PG Programmes are:
- Caste (for the category)
- 4 Photos
Original Documents required are:
- TC-CC of the Last qualification
- Migration of the Last qualification
Required photocopy for PG Programme
- Graduation Mark Sheet
- Caste (for the category)
- 4 Photos
Ques. What is the fee structure of Integrated Law Courses in Kalinga University?
Ans. The fee structure of Integrated Law Courses in Kalinga University is tabulated below:
|Course||Tuition Fee (per year)||Prospectus Fee||Caution Money (Refundable)||Total Fee|
|BA LLB||INR 60,000||INR 1,000||INR 2,000||INR 6,03,000|
|BBA LLB||INR 60,000||INR 1,000||INR 2,000||INR 6,03,000|
Ques. What are the facilities available for students at Kalinga University?
Ans. There are many, facilities for students at Kaling University such as canteen, indoor & outdoor games, separate common rooms for Girls and Boys, Web & Mobile-enabled academic information, fully equipped Library, University Transport, separate hostels for Girls & Boys, Moot Court, Health Clinic, Food Mess for hostel students, TV Room, Tuck Shop, Recreation Room, Mini Market consisting of ATM, Stationery Shop, Photocopy Shop, Personal Care - Barber Shop & Beauty Salon, Snacks Shop, etc, drinking water dispensers across the University and a truly green integrated campus.
Ques. What are the specializations offered under the Ph.D. Program by Kalinga University?
Ans. The specializations offered under M.Phil and Ph.D. Program by Kalinga University is as follows:
|Biotechnology||Commerce & Management||Political Science||Computer Science|
|History||Law||Library & Information Science||Mathematics|
Ques. How is the campus of Kalinga University?
Ans. Kalinga University Campus is spread over 30 acres of land, surrounded by wide roads and greenery. The campus is pollution-free and constructed into a smart infrastructure. The primary objective is smart infrastructure, student facilities, and good quality education which can provide students their best experience. KU, Chhattisgarh has more than 75 Laboratories, well equipped smart classes, and a library with the best collection of books.
Ques. How is the Computer Science & IT Department of Kalinga University?
Ans. The computer and science department of University prepares students for IT, competitive exams, and Government jobs. Graduates from the department are placed in companies working in Computer Software, Computer Hardware, Technologies, Telecom & Cyber-security, the VFX industry, and the Gaming industry. The department offers B.Sc in computer science, BCA, MCA, DCA, and PGDCA. Career options available for the graduates are Software Developer, Computer Network Architect, Web Developer, Information Security Analyst, Computer Programmer, etc.
Ques. What is the career prospect for MCA graduates?
Ans. Graduates with an MCA degree can apply to TCS, Wipro, HCL Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Larsen & Turbo Infotech Ltd (LTI), Mphasis Ltd, MindTree Ltd, Oracle Financial Service Software Ltd, Infosys Limited, Quick Heal Technologies Ltd, NIIT Technologies, Acer India Pvt. Ltd, Iris Computers Ltd, Asus Technology Pvt. Ltd, Dell India Pvt. Ltd, Amazon, Google, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Microsoft, Cisco, etc.
Ques. How is the Kalinga University MBA program?
Ans. The MBA program at Kalinga University is specialized in Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Hospital Management, International Business, Banking, Economics, International Relations, Public Relations, Start-Up, Solar & Renewable Energy. The total fee for the whole program is INR 3.63 Lacs. With an MBA degree from Kalinga University, students can apply for various position in:
- Banking/ Finance
- International Relations
- Public Relations
- Management Consultancy
- Marketing & Sales Management
Ques. What are the academic facilities provided to students?
Ans. The academic facilities provided to students at Kalinga university include Classrooms, Computer Labs, Library, Laboratories & workshops, E-learning rooms, Placement cell, Scholarships, Research facilities, value-added courses, Incubation Center, Central Instrumentation, Admission Counseling, Moot Court, International student cell, recording studio, Theatre & Seminar, Career Development, Bosch Lab, Student ERP, Business Lab, etc.