Punjabi University Courses and Admission
There are four different categories divided by the University for taking admission in different courses.
Category 1: Students opting for the following courses can take admission on the basis of merit in qualifying class. There will be no entrance test for them.
- M.A., M.Sc, MCA (Lateral Entry), M.P.Ed, MBA (International Business), M.Tech, B.A.(Hons) in Journalism, Mass Communication & Media Technology, M.A. (Hon's) In TV And Film Production (FYIC) Centre For Advanced Media Studies, B. Pharmacy, BPT And M. Sc. Hon's In Botany (FYIC) Certificate Courses And M. Tech.
Category 2: Students opting for the following courses can take admission on the merit basis in the entrance test.
- M.Ed./M.Tech./LL.M/M.Sc. Hon's In Biotechnology And Microbial And Food Technology/MBA/M.Com. Hons/ M.Com & M.Com (Finance)/M.Sc. Hon's In Botany/ B.Sc. (Mathematics & Computing) And B.Sc. Hons In Mathematics/M.Sc. Mathematics and M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics & Computing)/M.Phil. & Ph.D.
Category 3: Students applying for following courses will require to submit an application and appear for the Interview.
First Year Of B. Tech. Four Years (CSE, ECE, ECM, ME & Civil), B.Tech. Lateral Entry For Diploma Holders, Lateral Entry In Five Years Engineering Management Integrated Programme
Category 4: The university will conduct state-level centralized online counseling for admission in Law courses of college affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Panjab University, and Punjabi University.
Punjabi University Application Fees
|Courses in which Admission is without Entrance Test||INR 1000 (INR 700 for SC/ST)|
|M.Sc. (Honours) Biotechnology & M.Sc. (Honours) Microbial & Food Technology, M.Sc. Hon's in Botany, M.Tech., LL.M. (2 Years) Courses, M.Com. & M.Com. (Finance) (2 Years), M.Com. Hon’s Five Years Integrated Course, B.Sc. (Mathematics & Computing) and B.Sc. Hon's in Mathematics, M.Sc. Mathematics & M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics & Computing)||INR 1700 (INR 1400 for SC/ST)|
|M.Ed./M.Phil/Ph.D||INR 2000 (INR 1400 for SC/ST) |
|MBA (Regular Course) ||INR 5000 (Along with Document Verification Fee)|
|B.Tech. Four Years [CSE, ECE, ECM, ME, Civil] at University Campus, Patiala||INR 3000 (INR 2000 for SC/ST)|
Note: The University has reserved 85% seats for candidates from the state of Punjab and 15% seats to all candidates from outside Punjab.
Check Punjabi University Admissions
Punjabi University Eligibility
Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria for the courses offered by the University:
|B.Tech.||JEE Main followed by Counselling|
|All other Undergraduate Courses||Merit-Based|
|M.Sc./ M.Com./ M.Com. (Hons.)/ MBA/ MCA/ LLM/ M.Ed.||Entrance Exam by the University|
|M.Tech.||GATE Entrance Exam Score|
|All other Postgraduate Programs||Merit-Based|
|M.Phil./ Ph.D||Entrance Exam by the University|
Note: Punjabi University Courses Eligibility criteria varies from course to course. Therefore, the candidates should go through the eligibility criteria separately for the required course.
Click here Punjabi University Courses and Fee
Punjabi University Placements
Punjabi University Placements are offered to the candidates through the University’s Finishing School. The Finishing School is the career counseling and placement cell of the University. It equips the candidates by organizing various skill enhancement, training & development, soft skills, and personality development programs so that they could acquire their dream job. TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, Emerson are among the frequent recruiters at the University.
Know more Punjabi University Placement
Punjabi University Scholarship
Punjabi University helps the Girl candidates and Physically Challenged candidates in availing the scholarships offered by AICTE if the candidates have taken admission in a technical course. Apart from this, the following are other financial help provided by the University:
- AICTE offers Pragati Scholarships to the Meritorious Girl Child whose family income is less than INR 8 lakh per annum.
- AICTE offers Saksham Scholarship to the candidate having a disability of not less than 40% and whose family income is less than INR 8 lakh per annum.
- Scholarship value of INR 500 per month is provided to candidates studying in post-graduate courses, B.Pharm., B.Tech, and LL.B.
- Stipends are given to children/ grand-children of Freedom Fighters, Ex. INA personnel.
- Scholarships, stipends and fee concessions as admissible from time to time under the State Harijan Welfare Scheme for students belonging to SC/ ST/BC.
- The University also provides 10 UGC National Scholarships of INR 300 per month to the students joining MA Economics. They must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in B.A./B.Com/ B.A. Hons in Economics.
- Dr. Hira Singh Deol Memorial Scholarship and Dr. Sawan Singh Gill Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students who take admission in M.Sc Zoology and MA English respectively. An amount of INR 1000 per month will be given to students who are at No.1 in their respective classes.